Congrats to Black-Balled AKA Maryland State Champion

dannyb78

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First, I want to say great shooting Walter. You shot very well. You where the best player all weekend. I watched every set closely. :D. You kept your composure and played great. You beat tuff player. I want to say thanks to ER Billiards for driving all the way from New York. Glad you had a good finish and got to pocket some money. You guys are class acts. Thanks for the support.

1960025_10201677106188765_148278047_n.jpg

1743709_10201677070267867_1786469926_n.jpg

2014 Maryland State 9-Ball Bar Box Championship Results:
1st -Walter Koch - Black Balled
2nd -Shawn Wilke
3rd -Brett Stollmeyer
4th -Danny Mastermaker
5th/6th -Kevin West
5th/6th -Dave Dreidel- ER BILLIARDS
7th/8th Fred Scott
7th/8th Daryl Riley
9th-12th -Rick Wingpigler
9th-12th - Daniel Lee Bell Jr- Myself
9th-12th -Pete Calabreeze
9th-12th -Josh Brothers

attachment.php

Last edited:

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good playin BB! I feel the 7 and 3 games on the wire coming my way...lol.
Good win buddy. Tough field.

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
Excellent shooting, Walter! I wish fans could see the elusive Black-Balled on video, especially since he probably won't resurface for another few years until he decides he needs more pocket money!

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Good playin BB! I feel the 7 and 3 games on the wire coming my way...lol.
Good win buddy. Tough field.

Gotta agree with you Barbara. I've known Walter a long time.Always has been a solid player.Congrats Walter and great shooting.Dont come my way to try to parlay all that cash you stole.

Bobby

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Probably couldn't have happened to one of the nicest and funniest guys on here! Just like the Dire Straits song -- money for nuthin' and yer chicks for free! (Can say this when you have the skillz!)

Congrats Walter!!
-Sean

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
I had the pleasure of meeting Walter a while back when he came to Japan for a short visit.
He gave us the old, "haven't played in months" line and then proceeded to nail a short-rail side pocket bank and ran out.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Black-Balled has the best of all worlds in pool today. He has a loving family, a traditional 9-to-5 job, and can play pool recreationally and win tournaments.

Let's not forget that this forum sponsored Walter to compete in the U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship one year.

Keep on keeping on, Walter. It warms my heard to read this thread and the others. You're an old-school campaigner, and you deserve the accolades. :)

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Congrats Walter / BB
Now that you made this nice little score, I have some cues you might be interested in><:smile:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Walter is my best friend.

Mikey frost: don't talk to me.

Thanks, all! I hope this is the start of something medium-large. I'd love to be in that position again. I have always told myself that I came to win, for once-in about 4873 times , it was true.

Bobby chamberlain, you stop pickin on me! I will sick easy e on you.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I said this in the other thread and I believe it's worth repeating here.

First, congrats, Walter. What a great win this was.

But, in accomplishing this you ruffled feathers of some very important people. be on guard for any possible reprisals. you're a marked man now.

best,
brian kc

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
I said this in the other thread and I believe it's worth repeating here.

First, congrats, Walter. What a great win this was.

But, in accomplishing this you ruffled feathers of some very important people. be on guard for any possible reprisals. you're a marked man now.

best,
brian kc

(there, i fixed it for ya, KC!)

CONGRATS! so there is money for BB afterall!

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Well done black-balled treat yourself to a new case or something! Those new cyclops balls got you playing world class! But, I have always known you as a world class gentleman! Best of rolls, Buddy!

Mike Wilson
KD

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
Just awesome !

I really like how it's a working joe, family guy who can win beating that type of field. Very inspirational to all us other joes. Congrats again!

Bayawak

Tirador
Silver Member
First, I want to say great shooting Walter. You shot very well. You where the best player all weekend. I watched every set closely. :D. You kept your composure and played great. You beat tuff player. I want to say thanks to ER Billiards for driving all the way from New York. Glad you had a good finish and got to pocket some money. You guys are class acts. Thanks for the support.

1960025_10201677106188765_148278047_n.jpg

1743709_10201677070267867_1786469926_n.jpg

2014 Maryland State 9-Ball Bar Box Championship Results:
1st -Walter Koch - Black Balled
2nd -Shawn Wilke
3rd -Brett Stollmeyer
4th -Danny Mastermaker
5th/6th -Kevin West
5th/6th -Dave Dreidel- ER BILLIARDS
7th/8th Fred Scott
7th/8th Daryl Riley
9th-12th -Rick Wingpigler