Davis blank question

durhamcueist

Brandon W
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm thinking of picking up a Davis blank for a wrapless cue. I've always wanted one. Who would be the best cue maker for the completion of this from a playability aspect and workmanship/appreciation investment. Thanks guys. Pics of yours would be cool too.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Try Steve Klapp. I recently saw one oh Davis cues and it looked great. ***thought your post originally said reasonable cost not as a investment*** Steve is reasonable and his shafts play great.

Last edited:

roadrunner9935

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
best quality for the money

i thank you should send it to leon sly or darrin hill these 2 cue makers build the best cues in the world and there prices are reasonable and they are very trust worthy they wont rip you off on the workman ship or the price:D:thumbup::p:eek:

Kobachi

Scarred but Smarter
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Alex Brick. I picked up a Brick/Davis blank from Workingman here years ago and it's a fine specimen.

(Ebony cue on top).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,128

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Paul Drexler

I had Paul Drexler aka PFD Studios build this from a hand-picked Davis Purpleheart blank.

It was influenced by a Purpleheart Titlist conversion from earlier in his career that I saw in person and here on AZ.

The build time was roughly 3 weeks, if I remember correctly.

PFD - Davis Purpleheart Blank - JJF July 2013 - 5.jpg

PFD - Davis Purpleheart Blank - JJF July 2013 - 1.jpg

PFD - Davis Purpleheart Blank - JJF July 2013 - 6.jpg

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I had Paul Drexler aka PFD Studios build this from a hand-picked Davis Purpleheart blank.

It was influenced by a Purpleheart Titlist conversion from earlier in his career that I saw in person and here on AZ.

The build time was roughly 3 weeks, if I remember correctly.

That is really nice.

I had heard mixed reviews of his blanks.

Ken