EARL STRICKLAND Returns to TEAM USA

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
His comments are political and have no bearing on the topic ! He is known for taking us off topic repeatedly!

My point is still the same! I would fear a insane homeless person before I would fear a sane multimillionaire! Regardless of the race of the Individual!

The "fact" that the above scenario is disregarded by the poster due primarily due to the racial differences is very telling in my opinion!

What you deduce from the Earl Strickland comparison to LeBron James is up to you!

But, Earl has had numerous conflicts of a serious nature. While LeBron has been guilty of wearing shoes from China!

But, one is 100 times safer.

Kd

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Stop using so many exclamation points, they lose their meaning and people quit caring about your actual points.
<---Not trying to be racist, just helpful.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Stop using so many exclamation points, they lose their meaning and people quit caring about your actual points.

I am not the best writer admittedly. I humbly could use all the help I can get.

My writing is more about content and food for thought comments. Than politically correct sentence structures .

So, I apologize in advance to writing purest amongst us.

Kd

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
His comments are political and have no bearing on the topic ! He is known for taking us off topic repeatedly!

My point is still the same! I would fear a insane homeless person before I would fear a sane multimillionaire! Regardless of the race of the Individual!

The "fact" that the above scenario is disregarded by the poster due primarily due to the racial differences is very telling in my opinion!

What you deduce from the Earl Strickland comparison to LeBron James is up to you!

But, Earl has had numerous conflicts of a serious nature. While LeBron has been guilty of wearing shoes from China!

Kd

I believe that his original point was comparing how Earls behavior is pretty inconsequential compared to other famous athletes who are far better known and that their behavior is quite well tolerated by the general public who pay a lot of money to watch them and spend even more on fan apparel. I don't see how his comment was at all racist which also seems to be a common complaint from criminals who do not like the truth. Are you sure that you would fear that insane homeless person more than former Patriot Aaron Hernandez or former Panther Rae Curruth???😲

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe that his original point was comparing how Earls behavior is pretty inconsequential compared to other famous athletes who are far better known and that their behavior is quite well tolerated by the general public who pay a lot of money to watch them and spend even more on fan apparel. I don't see how his comment was at all racist which also seems to be a common complaint from criminals who do not like the truth. Are you sure that you would fear that insane homeless person more than former Patriot Aaron Hernandez or former Panther Rae Curruth???😲
Damn,you went there!

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
I believe that his original point was comparing how Earls behavior is pretty inconsequential compared to other famous athletes who are far better known and that their behavior is quite well tolerated by the general public who pay a lot of money to watch them and spend even more on fan apparel. I don't see how his comment was at all racist which also seems to be a common complaint from criminals who do not like the truth. Are you sure that you would fear that insane homeless person more than former Patriot Aaron Hernandez or former Panther Rae Curruth???

The two people you selected atleast one has brain injuries that have been documented.

The other allegedly killed his baby momma to keep from paying child support.

Not saying all sports stars are angels. Just that the majority are not mentally ill and medicated to keep themselves and society safe.

Kd

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
For the love of God show Earl a little respect! Count the titles. Count the decades. Question the passion? The commitment? Beat of luck to Earl, JJ, and Team USA.
Apparently you have a comprehension problem???

I'm one of the few that WANTS Earl on the team, but don't get it twisted, he's still a dog to everybody on team Europe.

My playing cue was made for Earl by Randy Mobley and actually has "EARL STRICKLAND" in pearl in the point. Yeah, I hate the guy 🤔

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He wasnt citing race at all, just because something is true does not automatically make it racist. The connection with the things that Chicago RJ was commenting on was popular pro athletes and crime, nothing racist there only factual. Theres trash that comes in all races out there but the things in common is that they are human and made bad choices. Go ahead and call out every (insert race here) on the planet who is trash, you will get no racist complaints from me if it is fact and not opinion. It becomes racist when comments are made on opinions and not fact.
Well said

Mainplayer

Gold Member
I am in the 5th pick!!! Nah, I am just playing lol. First off, thank you all who thought I should be playing in the cup and to all the put them in place by saying I haven’t competed in the last 5 years, haha. Pool, unfortunately, is a piece of my past. Although, I recently tried to make a comeback… I was quickly blown away with how awful these tournaments have become. I give props to all the players to travel the world for the love of this game.

My post about Earl was nothing more than to have fan interaction. We all know Earl is a legend but we also know he makes me look like an angel 😇. LETS GO USA 🇺🇸

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

Kd

It's not political, if I discuss how one athlete is treated by the pool world and how dopes like you kiss the ass of cretins who kill dogs, rape woman, sell drugs and actually murder people. That is not politics, it's sports.

Really, you're afraid of homeless people? Lol. Too bad Earl is not homeless.
Really, you're afraid of "insane" people too? Didn't know you did a diagnosis on Earl, where you get your medical degree. Insane ? Hardly. Drowning dogs for money is insane.
Raping your girlfriend is insane.
Deshaun Watson signing a HUGE contract and then proceeding to sexually assaulting 2 dozens girls is insane. Miami ignoring that and still tried to trade for the goof.
Aaron Hernadez killing someone is insane.

But, damn, Earl is loose, lock up your daughters and grab a gun, he gonna get you sucker ;) LMAO

UPDATE: Just a day ago, another NFL player, I don't know what color the guy is, sorry, they only reported that he was driving 150mph, drunk and twice over the legal limit and rear ended another car and killed the woman inside. So, I guess Earl is much more dangerous than this guy too, huh? hahahhahahahha

Last edited:

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The homeless guy might hit you up, for some change. The multi-millionaire is after every last cent. I know which one is not getting on the porch.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Tony Chohan and Josh Roberts would be excellent choices. They have both proven they can stand up to the pressure.

But that would be too much diversity for Matchroom's flagship pool product.

View attachment 615089
No, how about we don't have any racism. K, thanks. Merit, the person best qualified, is ALWAYS the best and most fair, ethical, moral, and beneficial way to choose people for anything. How about we not be racists and make choices based on skin colors like you would prefer to do because racism is just wrong, always, period.

And I'm sure that among your retorts is going to be that you do not feel Earl is among the five most qualified. First, even if that were true, it still doesn't justify your racism and the choosing of players based on skin color. Whatever their reasoning was, it would be far better than your choice of being a racist who chooses by skins colors which would literally be the worst and most immoral criteria that could ever possibly be used. Second, there appears to be some genuine room for debate on if Earl is most qualified or not based on skill and chances for winning, and even more so depending on what your other qualification criteria are (and skin color should not ever under any circumstance be among anyone's criteria or you are a racist, period). Third, especially if Matchroom is involved in the selection process, they have other considerations and criteria for selection that would make sense for them other than just the top 5 in skill, things like who will bring viewers, who might have the best chances for appealing to or getting the attention of a non-playing audience, who brings excitement or will get people talking, and you could go on and on. Now somebody may prefer it to be based on skill and skill alone, and that would be a reasonable preference to have and could be a reasonable definition of merit to argue for, but what there is never a reasonable argument for is the racism of choosing based on skin colors. Fourth, there is zero, and I mean zero evidence that Matchroom is picking Earl because he is white, or passing over anyone else because they are not white. Stop making dumb ass assertions that have literally zero evidence to support it simply because you are trying to sway others to also be racists who will use the the same racial selection processes that your brand of racism prefers.

"Diversity" is just a cloak term that is literally just a whitewashed way of saying "the kind of racism that I like and want to see". It is a way of trying to justify and excuse your racist desires. You know who else had excuses and "justifications" for their racism? The KKK, and every other racist person and organization in history. They all felt their racism was fully justified for one reason or another, just like you do. Guess what, it wasn't. They were wrong, and you are wrong. They didn't have justification for their racism, and you don't have justification for yours...no matter how you try to justify and excuse it in your mind.

Last edited:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Merit, the person best qualified, is ALWAYS the best and most fair, ethical, moral, and beneficial way to choose people for anything.

But let's keep pretending that Earl's selection was for any reason other than ratings.

1636039282105.png

1636039402548.png

1636039416616.png

Attachments

• 1636039303557.png
    1636039303557.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 1636039321779.png
    1636039321779.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: VVP

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
For the love of God show Earl a little respect! Count the titles. Count the decades. Question the passion? The commitment? Beat of luck to Earl, JJ, and Team USA.
In view of how rarely Earl has competed in recent years, there is ample reason to question his commitment to professional pool. Actually, there are far more than 20 European players who'd be favored over Earl. I'd put the number at closer to 40.

Yes, Earl is unquestionably one of the best players of all time. Nobody questions that, but that's not enough reason to name him to the team. Nobody questions the pedigree of Mike Sigel, Nick Varner or Allen Hopkins, but, just like Earl, they have not shown form in a major event in years, and I don't want them on the team, even though anyone of them would still be capable of winning a match at the Mosconi. Let's add that Earl played terribly in his last Mosconi Cup performance in 2013, unable to compete with a Team Europe of comparable talent to what he'll face this year.

Only the super-delusional will believe that Earl was chosen on merit. That said, however, just like you, I wish him the best of luck, and I'll cheer hard for him at Alexandra Palace.

VVP

Registered
Last year after the Mosconi cup, team Europe had a podcast on Billiards Network where they roasted Team USA. I was pissed by some of the comments and my thinking was that "okay, we will get you in 2021." Given the fiasco we are currently experiencing, I can’t wait for the next podcast only this time I'll have my beer and pistachios cheering them on.

Hunter Lombardo made some great comment in a post that was provided here. It seems like there is no basis for choosing the USA team other than favoritism and/or plain stupidity. Any team with no good criteria for choosing the team is bound for failure and it will kill the moral of those constantly swept to the side, Jeremy Sossei comes to mind.