F/S Ginacue Fancy "1 of a kind" 19A

junksecret

Certified Fish
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
F/S Ginacue Fancy "1 of a kind" 19A (new pictures and info)

THE AUCTION IS LIVE AND CAN BE SEEN HERE

I'm auctioning my 19A Ginacue on eBay with NO RESERVE. The listing will begin at 4:00PM PDT Sunday the 5th of August and I will not end it early, the high bidder will win the cue. The auction number will be #190710692167

All the photos here are recent images showing it's current condition. You can see my original posts when I got the cue & the reactions to it HERE & HERE

This cue has TONS of work in the rings, each of the 6 rings has 45 parts including 10 abalone inlays for a total of 270 parts including 60 individual abalone inlays. Ernie has never made another cue with abalone rings like these. As many know, Ernie is no longer taking orders for cues under 5K so it's unlikely another like this will ever be made.

19_1.jpg

[
19_2.jpg

19_3.jpg

19_4.jpg

19_5.jpg

19_6.jpg

19_7.jpg

19_8.jpg

19_9.jpg

19_10.jpg

The cue is dead straight both together and apart.

58"
Butt = 15.57 Oz.
Shaft 1 = 4.02 Oz. - 13mm
Shaft 2 = 4.19 Oz. - 13mm

If you choose to bid, GOOD LUCK!

Last edited:

Roy Munson

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason I asked is because maple isn't usually that dark unless of course it's just the lighting in the photo.

I've seen a couple of Ernie's maple cues from the late 60's early 70's that looked stained that's why I asked.

At any rate it's a great looking cue.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Ernie stains some wood, although certainly not as much as he did in the old days. I think what you are seeing in this cue is the quilted aspect of the fabulous piece of maple Ernie hand choose for his pal Joe (the seller). Interesting tid-bit about this cue, after Ernie made it for Joe, Joe was all stoked and ran to AZ to post pics of the rings. About 2 months later, all sorts of cues by all sorts of makers started showing up with this ring pattern. Imitation is the best form, blah blah blah.

Thanks

Kevin

Roy Munson

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Kevin, you're probably right about the flame, figuring or quilting of the grain but the color looks a little darker.

Beautiful piece of wood!

My curiosity was getting the best of me about the cue because it looked so unique.

Great looking cue.

Last edited:

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Thanks Kevin, you're probably right about the flame, figuring or quilting of the grain but the color looks a little darker.

Beautiful piece of wood!

My curiosity was getting the best of me about the cue because it looked so unique.

Great looking cue.

Ernie always does a great job for Joe. For me, he just throws something together, screws a shaft on it, and demands a a check.

Come on Joe put this puppy up on eBay. I'm a bidder!

Kevin

junksecret

Certified Fish
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Ernie always does a great job for Joe. For me, he just throws something together, screws a shaft on it, and demands a a check.

Come on Joe put this puppy up on eBay. I'm a bidder!

Kevin

The listing is done, it goes live on ebay at 6pm PDT on Sunday unless someone buys it first. Feel free to start the bidding....:)

Last edited:

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
The listing is done, it goes live on ebay at 6pm PDT on Sunday unless someone buys it first. Feel free to start the bidding....:)

I'm just gonna bid my number right off the start and see if its holds up. Over/Under on what day I'll be outbid (if at all) ?

Kevin

junksecret

Certified Fish
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
What happen to this cue ? Title said this listing was done and the cue was off to EBAY ? How or when did we get to bid ? Did I miss something ? Dan

Dan,

I had said to kevin that the eBay listing was done...here is the quote....

The listing is done, it goes live on ebay at 6pm PDT on Sunday unless someone buys it first. Feel free to start the bidding....

The OP also says..... "I will be listing it on eBay on Sunday so buy it now or bid on it on eBay".

Someone made an acceptable offer here on AZ and I sold it.

Sorry you missed it.

Joe

Last edited:

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Dan,

I had said to kevin that the eBay listing was done...here is the quote....

The listing is done, it goes live on ebay at 6pm PDT on Sunday unless someone buys it first. Feel free to start the bidding....

The OP also says..... "I will be listing it on eBay on Sunday so buy it now or bid on it on eBay".

Someone made an acceptable offer here on AZ and I sold it.

Sorry you missed it.

Joe

Joe

But I wanna BID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, put up that crummy new one.

Thanks

Kevin

junksecret

Certified Fish
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
(bump)

My buyer backed out so the cue is going on eBay Sunday August 5th. I will not accept offers and the auction will run to it's conclusion with NO RESERVE.

Please revisit the Original Post to see new pictures and details.

Thanks and good luck bidding.....

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Joe

The dog ate your buyer's check? Sorry to put the psychic kibosh on your deal but I really wanted to bid.

Can't wait.

Good luck on the auction (sorta)

Kevin

Last edited: