Fargo rating

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a Fargo zero. At this point that's about what Fargo is worth to me. That could change but that would be incidental to tournies becoming available.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I would guess after playing you for a decade that you are above that by at least 20 points.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
I’d say high B, but going to depend how many tournaments went into that rating.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, definitely good enough to cash in regional events. I know several around 600. Almost will never win one, unless the A players all stay home. They can play for sure. Often the best player in a local room. And one of the better player in an area. But you can bet against them on the 9 ball ghost on a standard GC. They might win 1 out of 4-5 sets. You will be stealing.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Yup, 604 is a strong B player --- about an even match for the seven ball ghost.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My rating is 589 which is close to 604 and I can beat the 9 ball ghost about 50% of the time on my 9ft Diamond.
How robust is your rating? The players I personally know at 600 wouldn’t fair as well as that. I think they have about 200-400 games in the system.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
My rating is 589 which is close to 604 and I can beat the 9 ball ghost about 50% of the time on my 9ft Diamond.
Then you are likely underrated. Been discussed on the forum often. The consensus is that it takes a Fargo of about 625-650 or so before you can expect to play the nine ball ghost even, and higher than that on tough equipment.

Of course, it's possible that you have a terrible break and a poor tactical game, in which case your performance against the ghost will outrun your performance against an opponent, but outside of other pronounced weaknesses in other parts of the game, your experience is uncommon. If you can beat the ghost 50% of the time on a Diamond and don't have major weaknesses in other areas of the game, getting to 650 should be an easy goal to accomplish.

Last edited:

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How robust is your rating? The players I personally know at 600 wouldn’t fair as well as that. I think they have about 200-400 games in the system.
Yeah my robustness is low but that would probably cause my rating to be where it is. However a 604 player could be in the same boat as me

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Then you are likely underrated. Been discussed on the forum often. The consensus is that it takes a Fargo of about 625-650 or so before you can expect to play the nine ball ghost even, and higher than that on tough equipment.

Of course, it's possible that you have a terrible break and a poor tactical game, in which case your performance against the ghost will outrun your performance against an opponent, but outside of other pronounced weaknesses in other parts of the game, your experience is uncommon. If you can beat the ghost 50% of the time on a diamond, getting to 650 should be an easy goal to accomplish.
I would say this is accurate. I can beat the seven ball ghost most days on my 9ft Diamond pro, pockets at slightly less than 4.5. When I play the nine ball ghost, it’s a whole different outcome. I live in a remote area so I have no Fargo rating but play many players that are in the 610-640 range and play competitively with them.

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Of course, it's possible that you have a terrible break and a poor tactical game, in which case your performance against the ghost will outrun your performance against an opponent, but outside of other pronounced weaknesses in other parts of the game, your experience is uncommon. If you can beat the ghost 50% of the time on a diamond, getting to 650 should be an easy goal to accomplish.
Very true and maybe some day it will go up but my comment was just to show Fargo isn’t always accurate. Remember the guy that came on here and said that his Fargo was to low and everyone laughed at him and said he just thought he was better than he actually was. It wasn’t me either. I could care less about my rating. I just play pool. I’ve also won several regional events and a 64 player open event.