Finally!!! Free Harriman/Schmidt video is up!!

watchez said:
Thanks Justin--but nothing like this should be free.

I have no idea what you are talking about but it sounds like you went thru a lot of work just so people can view something for free.

I just ordered a 'Bet Something' T Shirt as a small token of my gratitude.
Thanks for your order. We appreciate it. The reason we posted the video for free is because during our live stream of the event our streaming provider screwed up a setting and the servers quit streaming at midnight eastern. To make up for the mistake we gave everyone either a refund or a free code to view Shane vs Earl in addition we said we would post this portion of the match so those that paid could see what they missed. Everyone else just got a good roll.
 
yobagua said:
Is anyone having buffering problems? It takes a long time for my screen to buffer the program. Am I doing something wrong. It will play for 30 seconds and just stop.

DeadPoked said:
When it keeps buffering like that it is usually due to your connection being slow. The video is a very large file. You may be better off just pausing the video and letting it sit for a while and then go back to it.

As usual the man with the ground hog is spot on. In my experience when it buffers like that it is always your connection speed. You can let it download in the background but the file is pretty big (over a gig) or just do as DeadPoked said and pause it, let it buffer for a while and come back.
 
derekdisco said:
The new layout looks mega nice. good job!
Thanks. I started playing around and got carried away. Gonna add some more pictures and cue stuff tonight.
 
JCIN said:
Thanks for your order. We appreciate it. The reason we posted the video for free is because during our live stream of the event our streaming provider screwed up a setting and the servers quit streaming at midnight eastern. To make up for the mistake we gave everyone either a refund or a free code to view Shane vs Earl in addition we said we would post this portion of the match so those that paid could see what they missed. Everyone else just got a good roll.
No problem. The T shirt looks worth the $20 anyways. I didn't sign up for the SVB vs Earl as I wasn't able to be home during the viewing.

It's great what you are doing for pool. Somehow you need to get the word out about your site beyond AZ. I think most non pool people that say watch pool on ESPN do so out of sheer luck. Channel surfing & then they tune in.
 
Can't watch the video

Hi,

I've tried to watch the video but I receive a 'The downloaded video file is not a DivX file' error in both IE7 and Firefox 2.0.0.10.

Anyone encountered the same problem?

Suggestions?
 
I am getting a different error.. it says:

Unable to setup video playback




And yes I have the latest Divx
 
Last edited:
Justin Wish you would post more on your forum. I cant wait to get the DVD's. Particularly the Schmidt/Harriman and the Chohan/Bartram ones. You are making it a very nice Xmas.
Thanks!
 
BPG24 said:
I am getting a different error..

Unable to setup video playback




And yes I have the latest Divx

Maybe you should start a poll asking what everyone thinks would be the best solution to your problem... :D
 
Is it possible to download the file anywhere? I've had endless problems with the DivX player in my browser. It totally messes up my computer and I have to restart every time the player loads. Even if I don't try to watch (well, I've never been able to watch anything using that plugin) I have this problem.
 
arsenius said:
Is it possible to download the file anywhere? I've had endless problems with the DivX player in my browser. It totally messes up my computer and I have to restart every time the player loads. Even if I don't try to watch (well, I've never been able to watch anything using that plugin) I have this problem.
Here is the link for the video on the Stage6 site:

http://stage6.divx.com/user/TheActionreportcom/video/1899488/Action-All-Around-1

To download click on the button in the middle of the video with the dots above the downward pointing arrow. It is the smaller one of the 2. This is a big file about 1.3 GB. You might try watching it there, should not make a difference but computers are stupid so you never know.
 
I was able to watch it yesterday afternoon - thank you for making this available - and thank you for providing us with top class all-around action - FWIW, many of us are getting the dvd's exclusively to watch the straight pool match up - so there is a market for it! Perhaps you could trim it to a race to 200 - you could make it a race to 1000 and many of us would still buy it.

Both John and Danny are my friends, so it was hard for me to choose sides or pick a favorite - and now all of you can see why. This is one of the closest, most grueling tests I have seen in a long time. Its great to see Danny Harriman out there playing with the best players in the world and showing everybody what he has in his heart - AN UNDYING FIGHTING SPIRIT. John as always - a class act and a true fighting champion right down to the very end.

Shawn and Chris provided some of the best commentary I have ever heard - good call putting them in the booth!

Keep up the good work!!!
 
I hardly ever post but I just wanted to thank you guys for making available, the last part of the John S. and Danny H. ten ball match for all of the marbles. I had not ordered anything except the SVB vs. Corey D.
 
Last edited:
I watched 1 game or so yesterday at home. Awesome quality! Continue to do good work, hopefully the pool community will support you.

And thanks to the previous poster that mentioned something about a t-shirt, I had to go and order one today! :)
 
great video

thanks great Billy dressed up better in olathe than jon did here. Great - jcin how about a 150-200. a yr for a membership in advance for next yr. up front- no refunds - to all matches and a dvd set? I would be willing and maybe it would help having more money up front instead of maybe coming in the back door later? Great job to all at actionreport. and the backers and players. I'll watch these all day and never turn on the tv again! I hope the action report crew has a safe and happy holiday.Mark
 
coopdeville said:
Great job again guys.

I only have one question...

What cue does Harriman play with, and why on Earth does he
rough up the butt?

I like the crown butt cap on a sneaky.
Thanks,
cOOp
Just saw the cue question. Danny was playing with a Mike Stacey cue. Mike is out of Noblesville,IN. He makes great cues and charges reasonable prices for them. Hell of a nice guy too.

As far as sanding the butt ...:confused: :eek: :confused: ...maybe to give Mike a heart attack? Gotta drive a cuemaker nuts...put all the time and effort into figuring out how to make a durable good looking finish and the guy is sanding on it. :D :D

After seeing Danny with that brick of Benjamins I am thinking about trying it myself.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top