Guns and Cues, Show us your Piece

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
GA Precision 6.5 Creedmoor in Mcree Chassis with Bushnell 4.5-30 scope. This Sunday morning I was hitting a ten inch plate at 903 yards. Its a solid half MOA rifle.

14648362117_2dd864aa22_b.jpg

[

Nice boom stick. How do you like the Mcree receiver? Did GAP bed it for you? Personally, I'm not a big fan of Bushnell glass. They seem to have had some issues wiht glass quality/cloudiness/fringing, etc. Then again, maybe it was an isolated issue that they took care of?

Eric

Last edited:

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Nice boom stick. How do you like the Mcree receiver? Did GAP bed it for you? Personally, I'm not a big fan of Bushnell glass. They seem to have had some issues wiht glass quality/cloudiness/fringing, etc. Then again, maybe it was an isolated issue that they took care of?

Eric

The GAP barreled action originally came bedded in a Manners T3. That stock had a short LOP and no adjustable cheek riser so I ordered the Mcree. I have been pretty happy with the Mcree. For the money it does a nice job. I just dropped the barreled action in torqued to 65 inch pounds and it shoots half MOA. I have owned an AICS 2.0 chassis with Viper skins and like it a little more than the Mcree but there is about $500 difference there.

I have had great luck with the Bushnell glass. I own an ERS and XRS. Both have been awesome. I was running Vortex PST stuff before I moved to Bushnell and the Bushnell stuff is in another class. Far as I can tell the problems you are taking about were with the early copies of the HDMR and DMR Bushnells. The value for the money with the XRS and ERS are great to me. Most people here who look them really dig them. The G2 reticle is perfect for me as well.

Here is the rifle in the Manners T3. Its a GAP Templar 2 action with a Bartlien 26" M24 contour barrel.

14281684870_447e65df20_b.jpg

These are the first five groups I ever shot with the rifle. These are with the Manners. Ammo is factory Hornady 140 Amax. Since I have set the gun up for me these have tightened up a little.

14288356629_7bde707df0_b.jpg

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
The GAP barreled action originally came bedded in a Manners T3. That stock had a short LOP and no adjustable cheek riser so I ordered the Mcree. I have been pretty happy with the Mcree. For the money it does a nice job. I just dropped the barreled action in torqued to 65 inch pounds and it shoots half MOA. I have owned an AICS 2.0 chassis with Viper skins and like it a little more than the Mcree but there is about $500 difference there.

I feel the same way about AI stuff. Great products, but I have a hard time justifying the premium costs.

I might have to look into Mcree receivers. I prefer longer pulls too. I don't normally wear padded vests, etc, so the short pull receivers don't work for me either (i.e. McMillan, etc).

Nice rifle you got there.

Eric

ScottR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
GA Precision 6.5 Creedmoor in Mcree Chassis with Bushnell 4.5-30 scope. This Sunday morning I was hitting a ten inch plate at 903 yards. Its a solid half MOA rifle.

Yeah, but what about at 904 yards?

Scott :cool:

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Yeah, but what about at 904 yards?

Scott :cool:

Longest I have had it on steel is 960. The load I run is a 139 Lapua Scenar at 2850 feet per second. It stays supersonic till 1300 yards. Just need to get to a piece of desert that I can shoot that far.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Justin....

Friend of mine shooting my LMT MWS .308. This one has been a bit of a problem child. Its now set up as a battle rifle with a Vortex 1-6 and collapsable stock.

14647943480_20036ddec6_b.jpg

14.5" Noveske build.

11364267916_faa1a67928_b.jpg

Top one is my EDC. A gen 4 19. Bottom is a Shield I carry when I need something a little lighter/slimmer. The M&P9C in the middle I sold as it does nothing better for me than either the 19 or the Shield.

9712886187_9365c7c184_b.jpg
[

Justin, do you typically shoot at the same range (location, not distance) or have you shot at multiple locations and made range cards for multiple elevations etc??? Or do you use a computer like a lot of the new fangled shooters (not that using long distance calculators and range cards are mutually exclusive)...

Jaden

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member

[

We are going to the desert the next time I am in Vega$

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Justin, do you typically shoot at the same range (location, not distance) or have you shot at multiple locations and made range cards for multiple elevations etc??? Or do you use a computer like a lot of the new fangled shooters (not that using long distance calculators and range cards are mutually exclusive)...

Jaden

So far I have only shot long range in Vegas at several different ranges so altitude and other environmental factors dont change that much for me. I use the Ballistic AE app on an iPhone for dope charts and as long as I get an accurate muzzle velocity it is pretty close to what I see downrange. I am just starting to get deep enough into it to really refine a dope chart for the two loads I shoot in the 6.5.

The biggest part about shooting at long distance is dealing with and understanding what the wind is doing. Its black magic to me at this point. Thats one of the benefits of the 6.5 over a .308 is that it slices through the wind noticeably better. I have only been playing with the long range stuff for about a year. Before that it was all pistols and AR's.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is the old Harrington & Arms .38 Special that I won in a pool game about 30 years ago. I've fired it exactly one time, shooting five shells through it. It was loud and packed a wallop! This piece is in remarkably good condition considering it's age (pre 1941). I've looked online and I only saw one similar model for sale. It was blue steel and in very worn condition (the buyer labeled it good) and the asking price was $265. That would lead me to believe that mine is more in the $500 range. Let me know what you think, I may try to sell it. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0104.jpg
    IMG_0104.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 824
  • IMG_0105.jpg
    IMG_0105.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 787

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
GA Precision 6.5 Creedmoor in Mcree Chassis with Bushnell 4.5-30 scope.

I'm a fan of Zeiss optics, in my scope (Conquest 4.5-14x50mm) and my camera.
But I gotta drive 4hours over to western Michigan to use it without a hassle.:rolleyes:

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the old Harrington & Arms .38 Special that I won in a pool game about 30 years ago. I've fired it exactly one time, shooting five shells through it. It was loud and packed a wallop! This piece is in remarkably good condition considering it's age (pre 1941). I've looked online and I only saw one similar model for sale. It was blue steel and in very worn condition (the buyer labeled it good) and the asking price was $265. That would lead me to believe that mine is more in the $500 range. Let me know what you think, I may try to sell it. Thanks

Jay, that's not a 38 special, it's a 38 S&W which is a different round. Just one of several 38 rounds available out there. It is a little obsolete these days and will be a little difficult to find.

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some of my favorite topics!

Word. I have a nice spot with steel out 900+ and a clubhouse with full bar when we are done.

Lucky dog!! I have to drive to find a decent over 200yd range, and on top of that, we have N. Texas wind...

Nice! ....and cigars!

I concur - the Undercrown is a NICE smoke... Below are a few of my favs.

Received another toy or two since the last post. Clearly I'm far from the best photographer..

F24166E3-A478-4A03-ADCD-B3A88201AB0C_zpsyvffuuq1.jpg

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jay, that's not a 38 special, it's a 38 S&W which is a different round. Just one of several 38 rounds available out there. It is a little obsolete these days and will be a little difficult to find.

You're correct. It took me a little doing to find the ammo for this gun, but it is out there, just not cheap.