Help Needed with "Perfection" Stats!

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
Hi Everyone,

ESPN Magazine contacted me for some stats they are inquiring about for a future issue. I need your help!

"We are compiling data for an issue that deals with perfection in sports. Would you have a source we can use or data you can provide that comprises anything that could be considered “perfection” in any pool and billiards competition? We can use consecutive victories, shutouts, perfect scores, unbeaten streaks in a season or career, etc., throughout all levels of competition."

I have heard of SOME things, but I need details and specifics, and I don't know where else to find them than coming to you all to ask for your help.

Thank you in advance!!

stljohnny

knowledge > execution. :(
Silver Member
Aside from the obvious choice of contacting Accu-Stats directly, I heard (read) once someone said they saw a pro play a "perfect tournament" (might have been Earl?) - but I can't remember the details.

I think you have to mention John Schmidt's high runs in 14.1 as well.

DRW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Sigel-30 consecutive games won in a recent 10 ball tournament.

Ronnie O'sullivan with 10 career 147's in snooker.

Are these the kinds of things you are looking for?

Dustin_J

Commence the Jigglin!
Silver Member
I suppose it's pretty hard to define perfect, but here's a match where Efren shoots a 1.000 accu-stats and skunks Jimmy Wetch. I guess for a single match, that's about as perfect as you can get.

Reyes vs. Wetch Accu-stats

Also, here's a link to an old AZB post that talks a bit about the match, as well as other 1.000 accu-stats performances.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=25013

Earl's "million dollar" run of 10 or 11 racks also might be good.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Hi Everyone,

ESPN Magazine contacted me for some stats they are inquiring about for a future issue. I need your help!

"We are compiling data for an issue that deals with perfection in sports. Would you have a source we can use or data you can provide that comprises anything that could be considered “perfection” in any pool and billiards competition? We can use consecutive victories, shutouts, perfect scores, unbeaten streaks in a season or career, etc., throughout all levels of competition."

I have heard of SOME things, but I need details and specifics, and I don't know where else to find them than coming to you all to ask for your help.

Thank you in advance!!

Mine vote goes to Earl breaking and running 11 games of 9 ball for for the million dollar prize (which turned out to be bogus).

It's staggering to think someone can do that on command on a 9' table, documented and in public. This is a good story too - I think exactly what they're looking for.

Chris

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member
Mine vote goes to Earl breaking and running 11 games of 9 ball for for the million dollar prize (which turned out to be bogus).

It's staggering to think someone can do that on command on a 9' table, documented and in public. This is a good story too - I think exactly what they're looking for.

Chris

Hell, there's the time JA broke & ran 13 in a row on Bustamante (bet the article is still archived on AZ).

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
Mike Sigel-30 consecutive games won in a recent 10 ball tournament.

Ronnie O'sullivan with 10 career 147's in snooker.

Are these the kinds of things you are looking for?

Exactly, yes! I bet they want dates of the "perfections" too, so they can verify the info.

Thanks to those who have already provided info!

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been informed that Wade Crane aka "Billy Johnson" has gotten two "perfect" Accu-Stats' scores of 1.0 twice. Pat Fleming would probably know the "when and where."

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
heres some good ones......

David Matlock - 28 Racks break and ran on barbox
Fat Randy Wallace - 56/57 racks broke and ran on barbox

Jimmy Rempe - 23? Tournaments in a row won i believe (some one help me on this one)

Eddie Taylor - 43 banks in a row in competition

Harold Worst -40? Balls ran into one hole in johnston city without a miss

these are all all-time records by a long shot

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member
2001 US 9 Ball Open..........Deuel 11 (.921) Immonen 0 (.571)

Mosconi 526 run !!!!!

Last edited:

Tom In Cincy

AKA SactownTom
Silver Member
150 and out in any 14.1 tournament. This has not been done that often.

Archer winning 11 in a row against Bustamante.

5 times US Open Champion in 3 different decades Earl Strickland

33 years in a row US OPEN 9 Ball tournament. Thank you Mr. Behrman

$3Million prize tournament Reno Nevada 2006 IPT. Largest pool tournament prize money in the history of pool. $500,000 to First Place. Efren Reyes.

hdgis1

Trigger - all of this is fantastic and impressive nad all that, however, I must mention I broke and ran two racks tonight that we perfect! :thumbup: Please send me a PM for more details...

Chris

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure this is quite what they want, but July 11,2004, 9' Gold Crown, won a game of 9 ball in two shots with all balls being pocketed except the cb. One of those shots was the break.

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been informed that Wade Crane aka "Billy Johnson" has gotten two "perfect" Accu-Stats' scores of 1.0 twice. Pat Fleming would probably know the "when and where."

I believe he is the only player to play a perfect match in the finals of a major event. I can't remember which one and my Google fu failed me.

jrackman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
150 & out

How about Mike Sigel's 150 out in the US OPEN 14.1 in the early 90's against Mike Zuglan after Zuglan 's game opening break, in which M.Z. said right after it was over "that was the second time he did that to me, why does he always have to play perfect against me".

Last edited:

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
150 and out in any 14.1 tournament. This has not been done that often.

Archer winning 11 in a row against Bustamante.

5 times US Open Champion in 3 different decades Earl Strickland

33 years in a row US OPEN 9 Ball tournament. Thank you Mr. Behrman

$3Million prize tournament Reno Nevada 2006 IPT. Largest pool tournament prize money in the history of pool. $500,000 to First Place. Efren Reyes.

Archer ran 13 i believe...and busta did it also....they both ran 13 if I'm not mistaken...there was two sets played. They both signed the diamond table it was played on and i believe it was for sale on ebay quite a few years back.

-Grey Ghost-