HOW TO AIM … The “AIMING SYSTEM” of the PROS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
FYI, I just posted a new video that discusses and demonstrates what pros do to aim so effectively. The focus is on DAM (Dave’s Aiming Method), which summarizes all the most important elements of accurate and consistent aiming. Check it out:

Contents:
0:00 - Intro
1:18 - Aim While Standing
---- 2:08 - aim visualization
4:01 - Vision Center Alignment
4:32 - Focused and Straight Drop
5:23 - Tip and Cue Alignment Check
6:43 - Focus Lock and Execution
7:30 - HAMB
7:58 - Wrap Up

As always, I look forward to your feedback, comments, questions, complaints, and requests.

Enjoy!

Zerksies

Everyones brain processes information diffrently. What's good for you will not be good for someone else.

I've probably said this a dozen times in this forum. "I can't ghostball for shit" and i can't comprehend CTE. But i can use a variation of the Ferrule edge with precision.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Good content but i'd re-phrase the title. Don't think there is a single 'pro aim system'.

That's one main point of the video. They don't use a "system." They just do many of the things discussed and demonstrated in the video that help them be effective. They don't all do everything in the video the exact same way on every shot, but these are certainly the "best practices" followed by most of them.

Rocket354

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think one other item that was worth mentioning was shoring up one's fundamentals. A lot of experienced but not effective players "aim" fine (they HAMBed) but they have pretty serious stroke flaws that severely limit their consistency. However, many of those players still think they aim poorly, rather than execute poorly.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think one other item that was worth mentioning was shoring up one's fundamentals. A lot of experienced but not effective players "aim" fine (they HAMBed) but they have pretty serious stroke flaws that severely limit their consistency. However, many of those players still think they aim poorly, rather than execute poorly.
John Schmidt used to say something similar and used a golf analogy. (Paraphrasing here) He said he could teach you to aim directly at the pin from the fairway, but your execution is going to determine where the ball goes.

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Gold Member
Silver Member
In 1963 I was 18 when I started playing Carom/3C billiards. The man who instructed me told me. "You have only one thing you have complete control over when you step to the table, it's the cue-tip at the end of the cue." I've been aiming my entire life with the cue-tip at my target, whether it be a specific quantity of ball or a point on a cushion.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
my thoughts exactly. the fate of this thread was set as soon as dave clicked "post".
It should be in the aiming forum. But it's just like politics. Some can say and do as they want, others get censored, banned, and treated like scum. It's the party affiliation and who is in charge. The left or right is OK. Just don't be the center or edge.
Freedom of speech doesn't apply to one and all in this village. Hell, I fully expect to be jumped on just for this post.
Who's first?

Status
Not open for further replies.