If you won Powerball would you make a pro tour?

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
I would buy my momma a new car and spend the rest on PCP. ~dave chappelle show World Series of Dice.

Ray
:D:D:grin-square::sorry:

krupa

The Dream Operator
Silver Member
Definitely wouldn't throw it away on pro tour; there's no revenue, so no return on the investment.

Instead, I'd open an Internet cafe with pool tables. I'd make sure I don't have enough computers to meet demand. Kids play pool while they wait. Soon there's a waiting list for pool tables and kids play LAN games while they wait. Lather, rinse, repeat.

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if only I could win...

Well, the latest estimates yesterday are about $1.3 billlion for the powerball.
If you take the lump sum(I would) and after Uncle Sam gets through with you, you might have 4-500 million left. I think I would throw some millions at a good idea. Lots of people here seem to have the ideas, but no money.

Your question reminds me of a news reporter on TV the other day asking some people(standing in line to buy Lotto tickets) what they would do with the money if they won; the reporter got embarrassed and I laughed when the 2nd person she asked was some guy who said, "HOOKERS AND COCAINE."

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
I've actually thought about this. Yes I would. Q-Masters is for sale.
1. Buy it, gut it, install 35 9' Gold Crowns with Green Cloth.
2. Enlist Mike Zuglan as TD for a handsome sum.
3. Enlist 5 other halls & buy them all Gold Crowns with Green Cloth.
4. Have 12 events a year, 2 at each enlisted hall & 2 at my hall.
5. $1,000,000 added for 11 of 12 events.
6. Final event 3,000,000 added and 1,000,000 to winner of season finale.

Figured in 20 years I could blow over 300,000,000 on this and get not much back in return but I don't care, I'd do it for the love of the game.

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wow

Gee, Bank It:

Yours is a most generous intention; if you would really do that, then I hope you win the Powerball Lottery only if I can't.

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
Gee, Bank It:

Yours is a most generous intention; if you would really do that, then I hope you win the Powerball Lottery only if I can't.

I truly would. Some here know me and my game & it always grated my nerves to have the talent to play at an elite level but never able to make a living at it in my prime as there just never was $ in the game.

This lotto has a big enough prize that if applied as I stated in my first post I could rectify that for players currently in their prime & provide a future for the sport I love.
Also to get Brunswick back in the game and get Diamond & those pinball rails & blue cloth out. I'd die broke, but happy.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No but I would probably open something up along the lines of a Snookers in Providence. Koops Billiards has a nice ring to it.

Half 9 footers and half 7 footers for the league players.
I would be behind the bar serving drinks and drinking a few myself!

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member
With the Powerball 900 million tonight, would you do anything with pool if you won?

Maybe start a new pro tour, 10 stops 100k per stop, and a 500k season finale?
Maybe give the money to existing promoters so they can do the above, but under their brands instead of a new brand?
Start a chain of pool halls?
Something else?

I can see a few sides:
1. You love pool and will spend the money knowing its a long term money losing idea.
2. You do not contribute at all since it is a money losing idea.
3. You hire the best business people to try to turn it into a money making idea?

Thoughts of this fantasy?

HELL NO to supporting players that walk around looking for handouts. I love pool and I love my money too. The pros are going to have to earn respect first and their are many ways to do this.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
....snip...
Also to get Brunswick back in the game and get Diamond & those pinball rails & blue cloth out. I'd die broke, but happy.

Best post of the thread! LOL. Seriously.

Or alternatively, invest in Diamond and have them mold their own rubber so the rails bounce just like a GC.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not a dime
I would rather help the guy at the corner with a
"Will work for food" sign

I have never liked profession pool tournaments

I think the derby is different,more like Johnson city
but I would not support it either

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
Na, I could fund a lot of local food banks with that much. At least the broke pool players could eat!

Larry

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i'd explore options

would start by recruiting a young hungry and ready to work his ass off mba type who can speak and sell and essentially have a ridiculosuly high skillset in business, someone who would consider devoting his life to such an endeveour because for sure i wouldn't, lol

if i could find such a person, and if this person could make the numbers work, then he could run the show while I oversee him

this would happen slowly over time, no huge money "donations"
run as a for profit business and monies invested would still remain minimal

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
I'd just set up shop in my own personal 1 table establishment and make all the best fly in to play me games they never would be able to win for money they would never be able to out run. After I busted everyone I'd write a book about it.

I'd do not a damn thing at all except be disgustingly rich.

Sounds like clear lake all over again....:eek:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would contact the folks at Fleet Laboratories, and have multiple 10,000 gallon douches manufactured, enough to clean out every pool hall in America, so that we can restart the game fresh...........fresh as a Summers Eve.........

Once all the douchebags are gone, Im thinking the rest will be easy........ :thumbup:

Banks

Banned
I'd buy an 8-ball.

Freddie <~~~ that might help the industry

I'll bring the liquor and weed! :eek:uttahere:

I would contact the folks at Fleet Laboratories, and have multiple 10,000 gallon douches manufactured, enough to clean out every pool hall in America, so that we can restart the game fresh...........fresh as a Summers Eve.........

Once all the douchebags are gone, Im thinking the rest will be easy........ :thumbup:

I went to a pool hall last night. :eek:

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Heck no!

I would open up a very good pool hall in Maui and not worry about it making money. I would host a no entry fee tournament once a year. Only 21 players of my choosing allowed. It would be 10 Ball race to 15 winner take all $50,000.00 prize. It would be single elimination, winner breaks, neutral racker on 9" Diamond tables with 4.25" pockets.

Any unfounded whining, cheating, poor behavior, etc. and you leave and won't be back for 3 years minimum. Only good players and good sports allowed.