Jeremy Jones taking over for Earl on team

JC

Coos Cues
Yeah. That shit is pissing me off too. Select all/ delete...and then delete some more, wtf?!

As the wise man says: if you don't tllike the things I say, you REALLY wouldn't like the things I choose to not say.
Just go over to the far right box next to "preview" called "drafts"
Select don't save and close the browser. When you come back it's gone.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very good post JAM. Thanks for your input. For a guy who hasn't been around the pro pool scene, it is very enlightening to read what you, SJM, Jay, Mr. Prout, Mr. Jewett, and others who have been there and done that think about the state of things. (Minus the political stuff).
You know what's interesting about this thread that blossomed into 8,000 hits in less than a 24-hour period? Americans here arguing about whether to get vaccinated to not.
It's in our DNA. Personal freedom, distrust of the gov't... Americans historically have never been good at idly sitting by and doing what the feds tell them to do.
Americans now criticizing Matchroom and Emily Frazer, professionally speaking, that they suck for not letting Earl play, and by golly, let's all boycott Matchroom and not watch the Mosconi Cup. The new tables and gray cloth suck a big weeny, and the pockets aren't tight enough. No, wait. The pockets are too tight.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the pond, you do not hear this negative vitriolic chatter coming from the Europeans or anywhere else in the world for that matter about Matchroom, Emily Frazer, and the Mosconi Cup? Nope. They're grateful to have professional pool showcased the way Matchroom does it.
What do the Euro's have to complain about, though? They are heavily favored, got to have it on home turf 2 years in a row, and one of our highest gears is shut down. They ought to be downright giddy with MR.
Matchroom is the best thing to happen to American pool in a long time. They are planning on hosting more events for pro players and have even added the UK Open Championship next year, a simulation of the US Open Championship. For the first time in a very long time, professional pool has been given a chance to grow.
Very well said.
And what to Americans do? Bite the hand that's trying to effect a change for the better—no, not bite the hand. Stomp it, rip it apart, and do everything we can to destroy the Matchroom mission.
Eh, there might be complaining and gnashing of teeth, but as long as folks keep buying tickets, entering events, and buying DAZN subscriptions, I imagine MR will be ok.
If I was Matchroom, I'd concentrate on a market where professional pool has a chance to grow and flourish. Unfortunately—and it hurts me to say this—the United States market is not conducive to professional pool anymore, and Matchroom should eliminate United States events from here on in.
The US is the Golden Goose for professional sports....that's one of the reason Judd Trump made the trip across the pond, in my opinion. China is definitely an emerging market, but right now Americans spend more on entertainment/leisure/sports than any other country by a wide margin. I would imagine that cultivating, not eliminating, the US market is a top priority for the pool division of MR.
If American pool wasn't circling the drain before this Mosconi Cup, it's now making it way to a permanent self-destruction. USA, all the way down the crapper!
I will certainly defer to your experience and inside knowledge on this point. Although I am a glass half full type guy, so I hope not!
Enjoy the leagues and regional tours in USA because that's all there is hope for in the future. Professional pool is dead in the water.
The regional circuit in the southeast is strong and only getting better. Heck a guy on my APA team is an upper 600 FR, and he makes a lot more than I ever imagined possible by playing weekend tourneys in Huntsville, Meridian, Baton Rouge, Birmingham, Chattanooga, etc.

Here's hoping we can have a "Miracle on Ice" type MC and our guys give us one for the ages. Go USA!

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The regional circuit in the southeast is strong and only getting better. Heck a guy on my APA team is an upper 600 FR, and he makes a lot more than I ever imagined possible by playing weekend tourneys in Huntsville, Meridian, Baton Rouge, Birmingham, Chattanooga, etc.
Interesting to hear. Good for him; sounds like the colorful old days. Any video somewhere on this guy? Who is he?

Arnaldo

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
main-qimg-73bc68dcc7fb3b133885fe63a7584980.png

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A little chicken soup is good for the soul—Earl's soul. Bravo to NBL. Heck, this recent Earl isolation at the Mosconi Cup might be good for Earl's pool career. His name is certainly in the headlines on social media. 😜

265130047_10216639265014343_3127906010046051982_n.jpg

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of course the answer is yes because you people are insane and illogical.
All states require almost every one of these vaccinations for school health care programs. Nothing illogical or insane about parents who comply:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
diphtheria, hepatitis B, Haemophilus influenzae type b, measles, mumps, whooping cough (pertussis), polio, rubella, tetanus, and chickenpox (varicella).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kids could end up dumb if they can't attend school.

Arnaldo

JC

Coos Cues
All states require almost every one of these vaccinations for school health care programs. Nothing illogical or insane about parents who comply:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
diphtheria, hepatitis B, Haemophilus influenzae type b, measles, mumps, whooping cough (pertussis), polio, rubella, tetanus, and chickenpox (varicella).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kids could end up dumb if they can't attend school.

Arnaldo
All of those diseases are a clear and present danger to youngsters unlike covid and they are also actual vaccines, unlike the covid shot.

Here in oregon several of those are not required.

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
After reading 9 pages I had to just skip to the end to share my .02, which I'm sure will be super helpful (you're welcome in advance).

Can we take a quick poll?
Of those who are in favor of the vaccine, who thinks that they will EVER change the mind of someone who is not...

Of those NOT in favor of the vaccine, who thinks they will EVER change the mind of someone who is...

Can we please just close the thread now? Do people really like arguing this much?
I have often joked with friends that Facebook will give $1,000,000 to the person who will change somebody else’s opinion on Facebook. To this day, nobody has claimed the money.

Also reminds me of a Mike Tyson quote I saw the other day….."Social media made y'all way to comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." I don’t condone punching people, but I get his point. :)

gerryf

Also reminds me of a Mike Tyson quote I saw the other day….."Social media made y'all way to comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." I don’t condone punching people, but I get his point. :)
It's a fake Mike Tyson quote. Kind of appropriate that it's on social media and people are treating it as if it were real.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I have just got done spending WAY too much time trying to clear all of the political posting from this thread.

Just as a blanket warning, if I see "Trump" or "Biden" in another post on this thread, it will be an automatic ban. I don't care if you say that Earl competing would Trump JJ competing or that Earl is just Biden his time before something happens.

Mike

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's a fake Mike Tyson quote. Kind of appropriate that it's on social media and people are treating it as if it were real.
I actually was going to mention that I don’t even know if it is his quote or not…..but it was on the internet, so it has to be true.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I do condone punching people under the right circumstances. 60-75% of the vitriol I see online I’d consider an actionable offense.

We need a lot of smart people, to help get us off the single planet model, so we can’t go full survival of the fittest. Since it’s not uncommon to find someone very well versed in intellectual intellectualism who is also skinny-fat and never been in a fight. But you can’t just let jive ass turkeys get away with being J A T’s.

It’s a very tough compromise to live in a modern society. It’s only for chicks and pool that I still participate.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Out of this whole mess I feel the most sorry for JJ. He wanted Earl on the team and now he is stuck trying to take his place. What an unenviable situation to be in.

To his credit he is doing the best he can for his team. His first appearance today was shaky but a win is a win. Hopefully he will become more comfortable tomorrow and play a bit better.

Either way I am proud of him for giving it his best shot for team USA!

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do condone punching people under the right circumstances. 60-75% of the vitriol I see online I’d consider an actionable offense.

We need a lot of smart people, to help get us off the single planet model, so we can’t go full survival of the fittest. Since it’s not uncommon to find someone very well versed in intellectual intellectualism who is also skinny-fat and never been in a fight. But you can’t just let jive ass turkeys get away with being J A T’s.

It’s a very tough compromise to live in a modern society. It’s only for chicks and pool that I still participate.

True story: new kid at high school back in the day... Moved from Michigan to my small town in Alabama. First week there, he off the cuff called one of my buddies an S.O.B. My buddy proceeded to slap him in the mouth.

With a hurt/stunned/surprised look, he headed straight for the office. Long story short, principal asked my buddy why he hit him, to which he replied, " he called my momma a bit--."

Principal told new kid, there are some things that should and will get you punched in the mouth.. you just learned one of those things.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Out of this whole mess I feel the most sorry for JJ. He wanted Earl on the team and now he is stuck trying to take his place. What an unenviable situation to be in.

To his credit he is doing the best he can for his team. His first appearance today was shaky but a win is a win. Hopefully he will become more comfortable tomorrow and play a bit better.

Either way I am proud of him for giving it his best shot for team USA!
i feel the same. i'm rooting for YUROP of course but not when JJ is playing

LeftyIke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A huge percentage of the minority population are not vaccinated. Sorry, but they don't have much trust in the govt based on prior experiences or from history. This is not about political affiliation.

There were many democratic leaders saying they would not trust a vaccine that was "rushed" to market. The implication was the Donald Trump would risk their health to win an election. The reality appears to be those leaders were willing to risk their constituents to win an election. So, now you have many minorities that heard that loud and clear as well, and are not being vaccinated.

I'm vaccinated, but it was my choice. And I take it with a grain of salt what either party has to say and don't base my medical well being on what have to say. I trust my doctor and his name is NOT Fauci.

I've never seen people getting a vaccine before that were worried they might get sick if the guy next to them does not get the vaccine. If they are that worried after getting the vaccine, maybe they should stay in their homes, just saying.
I don’t know how you can possibly try to speak for “Minorities “,and try to explain the myriad reasons why they (we) may or may not have received the vaccine! The reasons vary widely, just as it does with the White population, Police, Firefighters, Nurses, and Teachers. Do you think all Blacks, Latinos, and other “Minorities “ all think alike? Wow. How do all Whites think about Vaccines? States that Republicans won in 2020, have some of the lowest percentages of Fully-vaccinated citizens, and some of the highest rates of death from Covid-19 and the Delta variant. Yes, Minorities have mistrust of the Government, justifiably so, however we are and have had to be vaccinated for all types of Childhood illnesses and Diseases in order to be able to even attend kindergarten, let alone for Jobs or to avoid the Flu!

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A little chicken soup is good for the soul—Earl's soul. Bravo to NBL. Heck, this recent Earl isolation at the Mosconi Cup might be good for Earl's pool career. His name is certainly in the headlines on social media. 😜

View attachment 618992

I just read that Earl's appearance has been canceled due to circumstances beyond control. Not sure why or what happened.