John Shmidt's got action

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
Awesome!

Match two is history- lets just forget about it until this third one goes off. I'd hate for anything to prevent this from happening.

With TAR, Helfert, and some good commentators, this will be sweet.

Deadon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ref Ken Shuman (US Open, DCC and tons more) plays and lives near HardTimes in Sac. I know John likes to play there. I'm sure Ken would love to do this as long as it doesn't conflict with his other obligations.

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Please do not schedule this on the Jay Swanson dates of Feb. 7-8 at Hollywood Billiards in LA. It would be nice to figure out how to combine the two events but I just do not see how that can ahappen without going past the weekend.

This is gonna be a good one!

Mark Griffin
CSI - NCS - BCAPL - USAPL - DCC - Diamond Billiards

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

Danny Harriman said:
Just wanted to let anyone who is interested know that I conveyed a message to John Shmidt that I am ready for a rematch while at the US Open. I told them I would be willing to travel to California to play, he has my phone # but has not tried to reach me I'm sensing fear from his end. I have a new sponsor for our 3rd match and feel I am playing better, I do have one condition and that there is a referee. This is so John won't pull the arguing about the rules namecalling desperation move, I did speak to the Action Report (justin) and he said the match would probably be in California. All I can say is I am ready, but if there are no ref's I will need an appearence fee and John will need life insurance. HA HA just a little joke , I have NOT quit playing and feel I can play better this time (seriously though - referee's are mandatory in this grudge match.) Ohh and if u read this Mr. 400 - here it is u have it in writing lets settle this I know your capable of gettin' there but show me one more time.

DeadPoked

Inadequate User
Silver Member
Deadon said:
Ref Ken Shuman (US Open, DCC and tons more) plays and lives near HardTimes in Sac. I know John likes to play there. I'm sure Ken would love to do this as long as it doesn't conflict with his other obligations.

I'd rather have ref that isn't biased towards a certain player. No offense towards Ken, he's a good guy, but he was John's personal cheerleader during their last match. Anytime John would make a nice shot he would act like a kid on Christmas morning and when Danny would make an excellent shot... He was like a kid going to the dentist! :D

I think Jay would be an excellent choice if he is interested.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
DeadPoked said:
I'd rather have ref that isn't biased towards a certain player. No offense towards Ken, he's a good guy, but he was John's personal cheerleader during their last match. Anytime John would make a nice shot he would act like a kid on Christmas morning and when Danny would make an excellent shot... He was like a kid going to the dentist! :D

Ken did the same thing in the SVB Alex race to 100, he favored Alex the whole time. I think he even rooted against Shane a couple times to scratch or something just to let Alex get a break. All in all it was great set and TAR must be comended for giving everyone the chance to see it.

Last edited:

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got so excited to be reading a new post from John Schmidt and then it ended up just being Danny's quote and the word, "hi."

I'm on the edge of my seat now.

Let's get ready to RUMBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jjn7612

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Snapshot9 said:
would they be playing in California? Might get their 'butts' singed!!!

Cause thats where John's Stake is from.....and the deal was the next one was at his pool room since they came to KC the last time.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DeadPoked said:

I agree that when you listen to Ken you know who he likes, but I also KNOW FOR A FACT he is honest, reputable and wouldnt be biased in anyway. He is a stand up guy and a great assett to pool.

JCIN is right this is too strong toi bury in the Derby, If it was their first match up then it would be a great idea, but after what 20 plus hours in action they are a ball apart??? it dosent get any closer-time to jack the bet!!!

Mark Griffen is right as well please schedual it on the same weekend as Swanee in H-Wood, The rooom i V-ville is a great pool room, it has been re-modeled and is tip top for sure and would be a great spot for any TAR production. Infact while I'm here JCIN call me and I will take you there sometime-its between my 2 houses-i used to stop in ther and pick up the gas $$ back in the 90's all the time. It was soft back then.

As far ans DH and JS goes-wow what a match I hope they both profit from it and who knows who is going to win?? it close as possible, Good luck to both of them!!! I have no favorite-its a coin toss and I like to bet on coin tosses. ;)

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jjn7612 said:
Cause thats where John's Stake is from.....and the deal was the next one was at his pool room since they came to KC the last time.

this dosent have to be the last time they play either-with streaming now and more people watching they could parlay this into a huge battle(not that it isnt already), with the growing audiences and better streaming, JCIN in Vegas etc the production costs are reasonable etc, it figures to be somethingthey could do 2 times/yr, until the numbers shrink or some dogs it, ;) and I dont see that happening. This is good we need, "drama" exactly like this to sell pool, look at UFC, WWF, Boxing heck even the Olympics-the story behind the game is what sells the game, well we have it here for real!!! now we gotta take it and run with it. this is what pool needs!!! to rise from within!!!

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Fatboy said:
this dosent have to be the last time they play either-with streaming now and more people watching they could parlay this into a huge battle(not that it isnt already), with the growing audiences and better streaming, JCIN in Vegas etc the production costs are reasonable etc, it figures to be somethingthey could do 2 times/yr, until the numbers shrink or some dogs it, ;) and I dont see that happening. This is good we need, "drama" exactly like this to sell pool, look at UFC, WWF, Boxing heck even the Olympics-the story behind the game is what sells the game, well we have it here for real!!! now we gotta take it and run with it. this is what pool needs!!! to rise from within!!!
It would be great if it keeps growing and I believe it will,this is the best thing for pool.The thing is people need to support it and the sponsors that are behind it also. :smile:

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
I have my finger on the BUY IT NOW and PAYPAL buttons waiting for this (and others, like the GSBT 10 ball/1 pocket thing) to happen.

srs314

shooterville.com
Agreed

Fatboy said:
Fatboy is correct, drama sells. If possible throw in a couple undercard matches, maybe 1 race to 21 instead of making these ones three days long.

Maybe Morra will take another shot at Justin Bergman, or Justin will defend against someone like Klatt or Hennesey?

Rousey and Web

I'm sure there are lot's of people who would like to challenge past TAR match winners so let's hear from you! Who can you beat?

APA7

STRAIGHT POOL SUPERMAN
Silver Member
DeadPoked said:

a big AMEN!!! :thumbup: :embarrassed2:

Brian

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

poolmouse said:
Good point. I think it would be in both parties' interest to have a 30 day NDA after the match is over. This will cut down on the loser's post-match-whining. I would love to see this match on DVD.

Poolmouse
thats a great idea.
thing is when we played first time i barely lost and never said a word internet or otherwise.
second time before and after we play there was so much b.s. from him in interviews and on here it was a joke.

honestly i would rather check rosanne barr for ticks in a phone booth on a hot summer day than deal with him ever.

but knowing everybody wants to see us play is making think real hard about it.

shankster8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fatboy said:
I agree that when you listen to Ken you know who he likes, but I also KNOW FOR A FACT he is honest, reputable and wouldnt be biased in anyway. He is a stand up guy and a great assett to pool.

JCIN is right this is too strong toi bury in the Derby, If it was their first match up then it would be a great idea, but after what 20 plus hours in action they are a ball apart??? it dosent get any closer-time to jack the bet!!!

Mark Griffen is right as well please schedual it on the same weekend as Swanee in H-Wood, The rooom i V-ville is a great pool room, it has been re-modeled and is tip top for sure and would be a great spot for any TAR production. Infact while I'm here JCIN call me and I will take you there sometime-its between my 2 houses-i used to stop in ther and pick up the gas $$ back in the 90's all the time. It was soft back then.

As far ans DH and JS goes-wow what a match I hope they both profit from it and who knows who is going to win?? it close as possible, Good luck to both of them!!! I have no favorite-its a coin toss and I like to bet on coin tosses. ;)

Am I misreading things, or is Danny ready to play. Why is it that these promoters, in their wisdon, are now attempting to steer this match three months out into February 2009. Looks like, with this kind of help, it's tough to get a timely matchup, nowadays. Go back to sleep, Danny.

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

john schmidt said:
Danny Harriman said:
Just wanted to let anyone who is interested know that I conveyed a message to John Shmidt that I am ready for a rematch while at the US Open. I told them I would be willing to travel to California to play, he has my phone # but has not tried to reach me I'm sensing fear from his end. I have a new sponsor for our 3rd match and feel I am playing better, I do have one condition and that there is a referee. This is so John won't pull the arguing about the rules namecalling desperation move, I did speak to the Action Report (justin) and he said the match would probably be in California. All I can say is I am ready, but if there are no ref's I will need an appearence fee and John will need life insurance. HA HA just a little joke , I have NOT quit playing and feel I can play better this time (seriously though - referee's are mandatory in this grudge match.) Ohh and if u read this Mr. 400 - here it is u have it in writing lets settle this I know your capable of gettin' there but show me one more time.
i know dannys ready but since we played i dont have a picture above my bed thinking about getting revenge.

since we played ive remodled my house ,got into dirt bikes ,went to tourneys worked on some other projects to make money in short im busy.
now because all hes thought about is me as he lives on his friends couch 4 feet from pooltable with no house,live in girlfriend, dog or hobbies ,golf dirt bike , remodeling etc and plays ten times more aweek than i do .
im ducking him if i dont jump when he wants to play.
frankly i dont care about what he wants and secretly i take pleasure out of making him wait.
if we play or not ive got a life ,im not sure he can say the same.
if i am going to go through the b.s. of preparing for a match i can play a guy like kirkwood or bartrum who will be a perfect gentleman win or lose.