McCready Vs Strickland 2010

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
I was just wondering what match up between the older legends would you all like to see streamed that featured McCready?

I got to thinking about it and if there was some $$$ involved I think I would want to see McCready and Strickland. I know there would be other great match ups though that would have its fair share of drama and flashes of brilliance from the past, Captain Hook or Floyd maybe.

What would your pick be?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am partial to ring games. I want to see the Man fire the bank in, cut the ball backard and kick like Pele! total offense, and that is how us scrubs can easily see how much better 'better' is.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
I am partial to ring games. I want to see the Man fire the bank in, cut the ball backard and kick like Pele! total offense, and that is how us scrubs can easily see how much better 'better' is.
What about a all around 14.1, 1pct, 8-ball and 9-ball? I am not talking about a exhibition here, I am talking about some $$ on the line.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What about a all around 14.1, 1pct, 8-ball and 9-ball? I am not talking about a exhibition here, I am talking about some $$ on the line.

All around is also good...player review matches too.

And I didn't think they were playng funsies, Mark!:wink:

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
McCready vs. Sigel

I was just wondering what match up between the older legends would you all like to see streamed that featured McCready?

I got to thinking about it and if there was some $$$ involved I think I would want to see McCready and Strickland. I know there would be other great match ups though that would have its fair share of drama and flashes of brilliance from the past, Captain Hook or Floyd maybe.

What would your pick be?

Mark:

I'd like to see McCready vs. Sigel. Although trying to get 14.1 into that matchup would be difficult (even as much as I'd LOVE to see 14.1 thrown into the mix), because 1.) Mike is playing killer 14.1 right now, and 2.) not sure if Keith would be interested in 14.1.

Mike is playing great rotation right now (as evidenced by Mike recently shattering Mike Davis' record of consecutive match white-washes on the Seminole 10-ball Tour), so it'd be really interesting to see Mike play against the Earthquake.

Not sure if other folks agree with me in this regard, though.
-Sean

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
McCready vs Hall 1 pocket

Hopkins vs Sigel 14.1...i know they both are playing every day.

Earl vs Mataya 9 ball

all would be great in an all around....

pooljunkie75

Bruce Johnson
Silver Member
What would your pick be?

McCready and Bartram.[/QUOTE]

Is Bartram considered an "older legend"? I like Marks pick. McCready Vs. Strickland. Two of the most unique personalities to play the game. I'm sure that would be extremely entertaining to watch. Hell, throw them em on a bar box and watch the fun begin!!

Bruce

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member

All 7 of them in a 9-ball ring game with the old rules. I'd pay to watch it. Johnnyt

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
All 7 of them in a 9-ball ring game with the old rules. I'd pay to watch it. Johnnyt
Just had a chat about that same thing a few mins ago. The Mg 7 Legends series. There are sooo many ways to go with that one. Working on so many different angles here to make something special happen.

smoooothstroke

JerLaw
Silver Member
Earl vs Kieth would be great.Mike the mouth or SVB or Efren Vs anybody.Rodney Morris in a challenge match vs Kieth would be great too.Wouldn't mind seeing a scotch doubles challenge match.

DRW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl vs Kieth would be great.Mike the mouth or SVB or Efren Vs anybody.Rodney Morris in a challenge match vs Kieth would be great too.Wouldn't mind seeing a scotch doubles challenge match.
SVB would not qualify as an older legend. He's young enough to be the son of most others mentioned.:smile:

EZMoney

Could this be your money?
Silver Member
Earl and Keith for sure.

Mark I think you know my selection but the thread on a ring game sounds like a better vehicle for woofing. Plus it would show pool at a full throttle, no D sounds good to me. I would through Mataya or Sigel in the stew, that's what I would do.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
I also second the ring game. Put 4 to 6 greats in the box, stream it, and watch the viewership #'s go through the roof like nothing before. Keith's return will bring SO many people out. It will be MUST SEE POOL!
Hold it in a venue that can seat tons of people and charge for admission. Choose a strong pool city. Pay the greats an appearance fee and allow them to make monies via memorabilia etc. Maybe a side action table or two also.

Then let 'em have at each other!

Last edited: