Pete Tonkin Screwed Me

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
it doesn't or shouldn't make you want to move. it should make you realize that you dont need to smoke, drink heavily, eat fast food, and live in an unhealthy environment. thats why people are dying of cancer and other things that they shouldn't.

the health care system isn't set up for those that punish their bodies and want others to pay to keep them alive.
Like children with cancer?

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
In life and in business your word is your bond. If your word is no good then neither are you. Sorry to be so blunt.
Absolutely. I think we can all empathize with someone who is going through tough times. That being said, when you take someones money, and commit to a job...finish it. If you are having troubles, reach out to the folks you are dealing with, and let them know. Most folks, including myself, are more than understanding to a catastrophic event. An occasional contact goes a long way towards letting your customers know that they haven't been forgotten, or taken advantage of. At some point however, the excuses have to stop, and promises have to be kept.

subdude1974

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I normally don’t post but have to this time

I believe everything subdued say cause Similar bad experiences happen to me with tonkin also after I paid in full…. excuse after excuse till I finally got my cue after I sent pete buddy a message that I would blast him cause pete ignore my message

I also paid $500 extra for inlays work but only got upgraded ring work which I didn’t even order or want but I just wanted my cue so I say F it

He never reach out to me once when dateline is up I’m the one who have to keep asking him and he keep giving excuse after one another and even ignore my message sometime also

I offer to take other cue that’s ready and pay more but he say no and kept selling cues on facebook and ignore my request

Pete is bad business period and He used to be one of my favorite cue maker but I loss all respect for him and don’t want anything to do with tonkins cues ever again no matter what

Btw it doesn’t matter how much subdued buy the cue for cause when deal is done then it’s done period

Of course I have proof and all messages between me and him and my buddy also got screwed by him with joint protector

Paid $650 for fancy JP and told 1 month wait but end up being over a year and got normal JP instead…This guy is horrible

PAID PETE IN FULL AMOUNT AND SEE WHAT HAPPEN 🤦🏻‍♂️
He didnt have time to finish my cue, but Pete found the time to just randomly build like 6 multi butterfly splice cues and sell them.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Absolutely. I think we can all empathize with someone who is going through tough times. That being said, when you take someones money, and commit to a job...finish it. If you are having troubles, reach out to the folks you are dealing with, and let them know. Most folks, including myself, are more than understanding to a catastrophic event. An occasional contact goes a long way towards letting your customers know that they haven't been forgotten, or taken advantage of. At some point however, the excuses have to stop, and promises have to be kept.

That's the worst part, he did finish the job. He just refused to ship it

Zerksies

We don't know both sides of the story, but Tonkin sounds like a scumbag. Take the guys cash in full. Takes way to long to complete and always has an excuse. Not even sure if the OP was refunded yet. But then sells the cue to someone else for more money. Real scumbag move. Your getting paid with his profit of your money.

pookster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We don't know both sides of the story, but Tonkin sounds like a scumbag. Take the guys cash in full. Takes way to long to complete and always has an excuse. Not even sure if the OP was refunded yet. But then sells the cue to someone else for more money. Real scumbag move. Your getting paid with his profit of your money.
Exactly!! sad to say this but he is one lying scumbag who cannot be trusted at all even if you help him when he’s down cause all he care about is himself!

Great cue maker but not a great person and definitely horrible business man 👎🏼

Billiardscollec

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So true. You’re nothing without your word. I got a cue from Joel Hercek in 2018. Went smoothly. I paid the balance after an initial deposit and he didn’t even count the money I brought him. Your word is everything.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So true. You’re nothing without your word. I got a cue from Joel Hercek in 2018. Went smoothly. I paid the balance after an initial deposit and he didn’t even count the money I brought him. Your word is everything.
Wauconda, I have fond memories of fishing on Bang's Lake!

Quality Cues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am not one that complains but i cant let this go. Pete Tonkin absolutely screwed me.

Pete was needing money to pay for some treatment for his wofe and offered a cue to me that was near completion. Even hadbthe inlays cut. I paid him for the cue as well as adding on his silver lattice in the handle. I was told it was near completion. July it wasmt ready. “It will be ready in a few weeks.” 6 weeks later still not done. October, still not done. Was told i would get it at the first of the year. That didnt happen. After a couple more stints of waiting, i tell him to return my money if he cant get it to me soon.He tells me he will give the money back. On June 14 i ask about the cue again. Finally on July 6 he refunds me money. I wasnt happy but i needed the cash. Then lo and behold, as i am still waitingnon the refund to clear, which as of now it atill hasnt, i see he sold, shipped, and the cue was received by another person. In other words, the cue I paid for 21 months ago was READY and COMPLETED when he refunded me the money, but he finished the cue so he could make another $2500 off of it. Look at the last message. The cue he is gonna sell to refund my my moneynis the cue i had paid for. To think I actually shared intimate info with the man about my stepmother dying from pancreatic cancer and my wife passing away. Even messaged him just to ask how his wife was doing before i ever bought the cue. I thought he was a friend. Boy was i wrong.
Tonight at 7:00 pm I am going to post a true story of Pete Tonkin defrauding Ken Peters out of $18,000 and lying to him for years about the progress of his 20th Anniversary Cue. This post will go viral for sure. Stay tuned. We are at T minus 8 hours and 23 minutes till I post here on the Main Forum. I’m giving Tonkin until then to reach out to me with progress photos and discuss a drop-dead dare for the cue to be delivered. If I don’t hear from him by then, my post will be up for the world to see.

Zerksies

Tonight at 7:00 pm I am going to post a true story of Pete Tonkin defrauding Ken Peters out of $18,000 and lying to him for years about the progress of his 20th Anniversary Cue. This post will go viral for sure. Stay tuned. We are at T minus 8 hours and 23 minutes till I post here on the Main Forum. I’m giving Tonkin until then to reach out to me with progress photos and discuss a drop-dead dare for the cue to be delivered. If I don’t hear from him by then, my post will be up for the world to see.
Now he even sounds like more of a scumbag

Quality Cues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Friend, enemy, acquaintance, girlfriend, boyfriend, co-worker, ex-wife, whatever....if you agree to sell something to somebody, and they pay you, then you owe them the item.
The my wife died is a BS excuse for stealing money under false pretenses. Tonkin is a conman and anybody he has stolen money from should file a criminal complaint against him.

Quality Cues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
We are T minus 3 hours and 22 minutes until my post about Tonkin goes viral on the Main Forum. I’m sure dozens of people he has screwed will chime in on my thread.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
We are T minus 3 hours and 22 minutes until my post about Tonkin goes viral on the Main Forum. I’m sure dozens of people he has screwed will chime in on my thread.
If you want to create a post with regards to a bad deal with Tonkin, or any other billiards related entity, this is the forum for those posts. If you create a post with regards to this subject in the Main Forum, it will be either moved, or deleted. If you need further clarification, please reach out to Mike @azhousepro
Thank you.
j2