Shuff clearly not ready

Banks

Banned
Is this the Mosconi Cup or the APA? I can't tell with all of the what-ifs and the shoulda, coulda, wouldas.

It didn't go right for Shuff in that short match.. it happens. At least, that's what I tell my APA teammates! :eek:

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This isn't to just slam Brandon, I think we can only inagine the pressure out there and we all know he is a talented player. He just was thrown to the lions a little here with this enviroment at York Hall. He has won some tounaments but nothing really big in front of the cameras with an audience like this. Again this is very hard but he needs some more experience and maybe he will get it here with the Mosconi Cup but this is or should not be on the job training. He got VERY lucky in his team match as he had left it wide open and then Johnny Archer had to save him in the doubles match and then obviously outclassed in the singles against Appleton. Hopefully he can get his self together for the next 3 days and perform like we know he can. The exposure that Bigtruck gives him only because they are friends and that isn't the type of exposure that would get him ready for this. Before someone says he is already used to the cameras. GO Team USA

If Brandon would of won, he would of been the best thing since(well you know the saying), NOBODY HAS TO BEAT APPLETON, NOBODY, GIVE THE MAN A CHANCE!

Last edited:

Jesters

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I retract my comment about a bad decision on CJ's part to put Shuff up against Appleton. I have heard that they do not know who they are playing they pick a line up and then its matched up with no team knowing who they will be playing. So I am sorry for that and sorry to CJ.

scratchs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this the Mosconi Cup or the APA? I can't tell with all of the what-ifs and the shoulda, coulda, wouldas.

It didn't go right for Shuff in that short match.. it happens. At least, that's what I tell my APA teammates! :eek:

I thought the same thing..but some play better in there chairs an behind the screen..
happy holidays.

Jesters

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never said I could do better. Just pointing out that a player in my personal opinion is not quite ready. I wish him luck and hope he does better.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
strategically, may have been a great choiice, it seems. i would like to know how line-ups are chosen.

Shuff is effectively as capable in this format as anyone else...but you gotta bring it to win it!

c'mon Shuff!!!!!!!!!! Bring it!

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Sorry but who is JH? Could you post it by chance.

Thanks!!

During the interview with JH, Brandon said that he was used to the pressure but not the crowd.

He both looked and sounded confident in his ability. Remember that Mike D wasn't all that confident last year.

In other words, he wasn't freaked out. I think you'll see quite an improvement and change on day two.

Lets wait and see.

pipefitter25

Registered
My 2 cents is you have to get in the lions den sometime, weither you jump in or get pushed in, time to battle. Like the job interview that asks do you have experience? then you say i would have experience if someone would hire me:rolleyes: GO USA!

backplaying

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I totally disagree. How does one match bring you to your verdict? You odiously don't know Brandon nor do you understand the finer elements of an overall strategy. And Brandon had a very good run out during the match. The Sr players can't play every match. And either way win or lose for Brandon, he had to get that under his belt and will be better for it regardless of the outcome. A loss by Brandon gives Sr players a reason to dig down even further. A win by Brandon sends a message. I look for Brandon to have a great Cup.

And trust me, CJ is going to get the best out of this team..

CJ is mind f-ing the shite out of the World right now...:eek:

Good post. Anyone that doesn't think Shuff is ready doesn't understand the speed this guy can play under the heat. No one has to beat shuff in a race. Can anyone name 7 U.S. players that would be a favorite over Shuff. I offered to stake him at the Cape against anyone there some cheap 500.00 sets and no one got up. As far as CJ, I really wouldn't worry about this guy, he has more moves than a water bug!

BETTINGONAIR

LOVE TO GAMBLE WITH NO $
Good post. Anyone that doesn't think Shuff is ready doesn't understand the speed this guy can play under the heat. No one has to beat shuff in a race. Can anyone name 7 U.S. players that would be a favorite over Shuff. I offered to stake him at the Cape against anyone there some cheap 500.00 sets and no one got up. As far as CJ, I really wouldn't worry about this guy, he has more moves than a water bug!

Archer
SVB
Earl
Hatch
Dechaine
Rodney Morris
Donnie Mills
Corey Deul
John Scmidt
Shawn Putnam
Danny Harriman
Shannon Dalton
John Pinegar
Jermey Jones

This was just a quick thought.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Archer
SVB
Earl
Hatch
Dechaine
Rodney Morris
Donnie Mills
Corey Deul
John Scmidt
Shawn Putnam
Danny Harriman
Shannon Dalton
John Pinegar
Jermey Jones

This was just a quick thought.
Thats what I thought lol. I like Brandon but the poster that said "Nobody can beat Shuff in a race" must be his mom or something because nobody can be that stupid to sat that about any player to be honest.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
The bottom line is if those other guys are the mac, why didn't they qualify and get Shuff's spot? I've watching Shuff play a number of times and the guy plays fuggin' really good. Good enough to beat anyone in any given race, regardless of their size, race, creed or origin. Not kissing his ass, I'm just saying you guys are way outta line saying he's an empty chair.

So he played bad a few matches--- it's his first time on the Mosconi Cup and they lights are making him play a little funny. I think 100% of the posters in this thread wouldn't make the team let alone have an opportunity to dog it.

Everyone who knocked this guy in this thread would prob get spotted the world by Shuff -- it's insane.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
OK, now your thread has me irritated. I hadn't watched the opening round until now. Shuff played a great first game and won it. What kind of stuff are you smoking? He played a lock down safety and the guy kicked it in long rail. Go Brandon!!!

This isn't to just slam Brandon, I think we can only inagine the pressure out there and we all know he is a talented player. He just was thrown to the lions a little here with this enviroment at York Hall. He has won some tounaments but nothing really big in front of the cameras with an audience like this. Again this is very hard but he needs some more experience and maybe he will get it here with the Mosconi Cup but this is or should not be on the job training. He got VERY lucky in his team match as he had left it wide open and then Johnny Archer had to save him in the doubles match and then obviously outclassed in the singles against Appleton. Hopefully he can get his self together for the next 3 days and perform like we know he can. The exposure that Bigtruck gives him only because they are friends and that isn't the type of exposure that would get him ready for this. Before someone says he is already used to the cameras. GO Team USA