Smorgass Bored Update

pooltableproCP

Is there a problem?
Silver Member
Doug - For the relatively short time that I have been a member here, I have enjoyed your input on this forum. The sheer amount of support that you have here, is truly a testament to the type of person that you must be.
I believe, as do many others here, that your humor and generous giving of yourself to others, will be realized back to you many times over. Godspeed sir.

Chris

MJR77

Strong D Player
Silver Member
Even though I have never spoke with him or anything I am still saddened by this news. I am a strong believer that after we pass there is another life where we live as we are in paradise. I know by reading his posts that his paradise will keep him happy and he will still be there with all of his friends. Good luck with your battle.

the420trooper

Free T-Rex
Silver Member
Doug,

Whatever path you decide to take, I will always support you.
You were the first person on AZ to say Hi,(joined in April of last year)and made me feel welcomed.:)
I will always have your back buddy.:)

Stay Cool,
Always your friend,
A

Like you, Doug was the first person to ever respond to one of my posts. He sent me encouraging PMs, and gave some of the greatest advice I've ever received...He made me feel like I belonged here.

I'm not saying he will be missed, but I AM saying SmorgassBored is appreciated....a lot.

Michael

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HUGE HUGS

Nothing else to say or do, thanks for making me laugh, and ticking me off once or twice. LOL.
Morning won't be the same.
Hugs
I'm so fricking sad I can't stand it.

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
Smorg, I am blank as I start this message, but I am sure God will help me fill the space in front of me.

I am stingy. I don't want you to leave us. At the same time, whether things are too unbearably tough for only a moment, or for too much time, you need to be in charge of your own life. None of us has the right to tell you what to do, or how to be. We all want you to know you are free to go when you decide to and we will find a way to survive, but you also need to know that you are also free to change your mind and stay, which is what we all want, most. (We want you to get well and keep us rolling around until we lose so much weight we're good looking, again!) We need the laughs you bring us. Life is so tough. There were times I was ready to give up after my heart attacks and during the cancer... Sometimes, it was all I could do to even sit at the computer to read a thread. I really needed a laugh and you were there to give it. YOU HELPED ME LIVE. Thank you so much for that!

I am not sure how to repay you for what you've given me in the short time I've known you on this forum, but I want you to know this much... Whether you live another hour, another week, another year, or even another decade, I promise to do all I can to make you laugh, when you log onto the forum, or when Barbara logs in and reads the messages to you. If I can somehow give you back even a little of the life you gave me, you are worth it. I will cry when you finally decide to leave us, but I will do everything I can to laugh and help you laugh, until that time comes. My hope is that the laughter will give you back as much life as it gave me.

There is nothing to forgive you for. You have been a great and wonderful role model for many of us. Nobody can replace you, but nobody will forget you, either. For all we know, you may stick around and make us laugh for a long time to come. The decision is between you and God.

JesPiddlin

Silver Member
To Barb...

Hi Barbara... I don't know you, but I'm sure I will. A good friend of mine asked that we help you get through some tough times. I am pretty sure he is a really good friend to you, also. :wink:

They say that behind every man is a good woman. My friend is a really great man, so you must be one heck of a woman.

I want you to know that if you ever need someone to talk to, you are welcome to pm, call, or e-mail me.

I would write more, but I made a promise to spread joy and laughter and I have to start finding some funny stuff to share.

Take care and know that you have many, MANY friends out here, even if you don't know us by name or face, yet. Life is strange, that way.

God is good. Sometimes, it's hard to see, but God is good.

JesPiddlin

Silver Member
PM's

Hey, you two! I don't know if you know it, or not, but you can download all the pm's in your box to a text file, or xml file, etc.. Your box is full. Obviously, when they were updating the forum this time, they WEREN'T giving SmorganBarb an unlimited pm box.:confused::shrug::confused: I can't believe they haven't been fluffing up the pillows, expanding his pm box size, setting us all up where we can rep the great Smorgass Bored name any time we feel the need (It's terrible when you have to go for days without repping him!!!)

Hey Smorg!! I'm tryin' here. Oh my gosh am I having a tough time!! You forgot to give me funny lessons!!! :eek: :shakehead: :eek:

TorranceChris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joey,
You and so many others here have been such good support and friends over the years and I treasure each and every one of you.

The results of the test were not encouraging and the course that the VA has planned is unacceptable.I have no life, no joys, no comfort and no sense of humor.

I have reached a decision. I'm tired and worn out and no longer have the strength, energy or willpower to continue the battle.

I pray that my online friends can forgive me and have enjoyed the ride. half as much as I have.

I love you all,
Doug

*Please try to help my wife Babarba through these difficult times. I have taught her how to log on under my account.

Whereever this place you're going to, we will end up dribbling in and seeking your corner of the place so that we can hear you hold forth like old. I'll have all my hearing the more with to hear some good thigh-slapping jokes, and you will be a svelte self able to dash about with ease. Bless you for all the laughter you have given us.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Doug, you are one of the most truly amazing, and joyful people that I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. I still laugh at the mere thought of some of your posts, and marvel at the complexity of others. I have been honored to have you in my life.

I will continue to think of and pray for you daily, hoping against hope that fate will turn in your favor. I, too, respect your wishes and decisions.

Good luck and God bless you, my friend.

Jim

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While there's Life there's Hope and it is hard to hear that Doug has given up the latter. But a man knows his own body and what he expects as his quality of life.

So if you must go then
"May you be in Heaven half an hour before the Devil knows you're dead"

avmaster

Man of Reason
Gold Member
Silver Member
Joey,
You and so many others here have been such good support and friends over the years and I treasure each and every one of you.

The results of the test were not encouraging and the course that the VA has planned is unacceptable.I have no life, no joys, no comfort and no sense of humor.

I have reached a decision. I'm tired and worn out and no longer have the strength, energy or willpower to continue the battle.

I pray that my online friends can forgive me and have enjoyed the ride. half as much as I have.

I love you all,
Doug

*Please try to help my wife Babarba through these difficult times. I have taught her how to log on under my account.

Smorg,
I will pray for you, a prayer that will perhaps deliver the strength you need to continue the good fight. You are an Inspiration to us all. Barbara, My God bless you for keeping this man with us.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doug...Thank you for everything you have done for pool...for making friends, for running tournaments, for giving advice (whether tongue-in-cheek, or not), and most of all, for making everybody laugh out loud a million times! We'll miss ya, buddy! :D

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Joey,

I love you all,
Doug

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Joey,

I love you all,
Doug

Doug,

Thank you for thinking about us and making the effort to post this.

You certainly are well loved! I know you've brought a lot of good cheer to me with your humor and made my life a little more fun, a little lighter, a little easier to digest the onslaught of bad news that seems to keep coming in waves.

After months of trying, I was finally able to rep you again today.

Best wishes Doug.

your friend,

Chris

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
joey,
you and so many others here have been such good support and friends over the years and i treasure each and every one of you.

The results of the test were not encouraging and the course that the va has planned is unacceptable.i have no life, no joys, no comfort and no sense of humor.

I pray that my online friends can forgive me and have enjoyed the ride. Half as much as i have.

I love you all,
doug

*please try to help my wife babarba through these difficult times. I have taught her how to log on under my account.

you and your family in in my thoughts.....

Thanks for all the smiles, and the laughs.

THIS IS CERTAINLY THE SADDEST I'VE EVER BEEN AFTER READING A POST:(

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you and your family in in my thoughts.....

Thanks for all the smiles, and the laughs.

THIS IS CERTAINLY THE SADDEST I'VE EVER BEEN AFTER READING A POST:(
I wasn't and I am not sure what to say except that I agree that this is the saddest I have ever been reading something on here.

BVal

supergreenman

truly addicted
Silver Member
Joey,

I love you all,
Doug

Smorgie, I wish you peace. I know we've all wished the best for you, and support you and your decisions. You deserve the best, you can hold your head up with dignity knowing you've given everyone of us smiles on many occasions.

James