Str8Shots Has Not Paid for CO State 8-Ball Championships

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
Nothing, it's as if the sponshorships never existed. Their facebook page, at least the one they used before is dead. Although I keep hearing from people that they still were talking to Str8shots about things recently, to me is seems they cut off all prior commitments and either closed up shop or are just starting fresh.

i just reread this thread. it's a short read, and KVIN BRWR posts in it (he was such an instigator :cool:).

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=367031&page=2

if i were a pro and my name/reputation were on the line "for the benefit of the Juniors", i sure as Hell would want to know what's been going on. especially if i had been compensated and/or reimbursed expenses.

as vast as the pool industry is, it's actually very small. everyone knows someone, who knows someone - and we all talk to each other. i would certainly hope, that several AZers herein, have already made the obligatory calls to the (4) Pros involved, to give them heads-up - in an attempt to help rectify the situation(s), and preserve their reputations.

likewise as laypeople, there is an obligation to bring it to the forefront via vendors & prospective players/parents - which is (i'd think), the OP's objective.

JeremiahGage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update: I have heard from an acquaintance of Kimberly's that she thought I had received my 2nd place winnings, so she is "going to get to the bottom of it and make sure I am paid".

This thread was primarily an attempt to get in touch with Str8Shots, but I also thought everyone should know the facts of the situation from my perspective. Trust is a major component of business, and I think the pool & billiard community deserves better!

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
she thought I had received my 2nd place winnings

Well, see how easy that was. After all, it was obviously a huge misunderstanding.

I can't tell you how many times that I have sent someone a 1000 dollars and forget to check and make sure that they had received it.

Originally, I thought that maybe you had received the $980, spent it on buying rounds and nacho platters for everyone in the hall and forgot that you spent it.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update: I have heard from an acquaintance of Kimberly's that she thought I had received my 2nd place winnings, so she is "going to get to the bottom of it and make sure I am paid".

This thread was primarily an attempt to get in touch with Str8Shots, but I also thought everyone should know the facts of the situation from my perspective. Trust is a major component of business, and I think the pool & billiard community deserves better!

start holding your breath NOW!

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, see how easy that was. After all, it was obviously a huge misunderstanding.

I can't tell you how many times that I have sent someone a 1000 dollars and forget to check and make sure that they had received it.

Originally, I thought that maybe you had received the $980, spent it on buying rounds and nacho platters for everyone in the hall and forgot that you spent it.

That reminds me. Did you get that $1,000,000 I sent you last week?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Update: I have heard from an acquaintance of Kimberly's that she thought I had received my 2nd place winnings, so she is "going to get to the bottom of it and make sure I am paid". ...
It may have been a problem with scheduling/organizing the payouts. If you talk to her you should suggest that she pay people right after she collects their W-9 forms.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member

Unfortunately and apparently she didn't think enough of you, or her reputation, to contact you herself. My opinion hasn't changed.

Wish you the best.

J

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
That reminds me. Did you get that $1,000,000 I sent you last week?

Darn, thanks for reminding me. I can be such an Air Head at times.

I will check my Pay Pal later. Did you at least pay the Pay Pal fees for me.

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like there is always a misunderstanding when Str8 Shots name is involved. :boring2:
Why was that TAR match not allowed, because it could tarnish their name.
I agree they don't need any help along those lines. :D

Last edited:

RogerO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We're all different in how we deal with things, but if I owed you money and heard that you didn't receive it, my very next step would be to call you. I'm guessing that didn't happen.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member

Forgive me for pouring gas on the fire but why the hell would she have not "got to the bottom of this " the first time(s) you asked. Why would you be banned and defriended from facebook? Why did they claim you had already got paid? It's pretty easy to look at a checkbook, or bank account or credit card account and see where the money went.

My opinion has not changed either. Even if she pays you tomorrow, there are too many other people they have shat on without any kind of an apology, the least of which are the junior players they dumped without uttering a word.

I'm a nice guy but it makes me sick.

mowermarty

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
was this added money or entry fee only money?

Was wondering if this was a added money event or just entry fee only payouts? Does not matter just wondering?

GoldenFlash

Banned
The bottom line of this entire circus is simple....especially when it comes to pool players and their cohorts.
IF YOU LAY DOWN WITH DOGS, SOONER OR LATER YOU WILL GET FLEAS