robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dcb21e6f7573a3587806b779e0ad3c7d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LegitStick1234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love to see that! That is great! Nice to see someone of that calibur doing stuff to help other pool players!

master_cueist

pick your poison
Silver Member
This is cool but in all honesty...no surprise. Shane does this kind of stuff ALL the time. He has went to junior tournaments just to give free lessons. I have seen Shane do all kinds of nice things purely out of the kindness of his heart.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Hat's off to SVB!

It's actually a very good way for a pro to get action. Play 20-30 people for $5 a game for charity...identify the 2-3 who would be willing to gamble for the right spot...make a few games. All done under the banner of being of big-hearted guy.

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is cool but in all honesty...no surprise. Shane does this kind of stuff ALL the time. He has went to junior tournaments just to give free lessons. I have seen Shane do all kinds of nice things purely out of the kindness of his heart.

You are correct. Last night he had a about 10 people around the pool table in Fargo just playing, and helping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
One of the best ambassadors of the game and a true professional.

Now let's just wait till someone comes on and says “Yeah that's great and all but he doesn't have a World WPA title.“

I wish more pros would do this, interact with their fans and in the process gain more fans and spark some interest in beginners/amateurs. That would truly help evolve the game. The problem is no one knows any of the pros or that there are even people who play pool professionally...

Everytime I'm at the pool hall, I try to have conversations with others who have their own cues and seem to play pretty good, so I would ask who's your favorite player or who do you like watching on YouTube, and all of them say that they don't watch any pros.

I wish pool was like basketball where you can just go to class and be like hey man did you see that game last night, SVB totally demolished Earl, and my friend would reply awww man I didn't get to watch the ending, what was the finishing score? With super enthusiasm and curiosity. And then like 5 other people join in and start arguing over which player is better. A man can only dream.

Dockter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who goes ice fishing today?! If it's anything like South Dakota it's gorgeous out, he may end up swimming.

Can't wait to get up and see this room I hear so much about. Sucks to be this close and never had made it there.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
$5 is too cheap, people should be paying $10 minimum! Great thing he is doing for sure and more pros should be doing this. :smile:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Pisses me off that Shane doesn't get much press for all he does for pool. I this happened in just about any other sport it would be on sportshows and in newspaper sport pages. Johnnyt

david(tx)

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane needs to step it up. Johnny Archer plays people for $20 and pockets it?

The question mark is throwing me off.Are you saying Johnny gambles or he only plays people outside tournament pool for 20 dollars a game ?

fat Albert

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are interested Johnny has done several exhibitions where he will play two out of three games the challenger always breaks. if you win you get your $ 20 dollars back. As well if you want pictures or things signed he is obliging you don't have to pay for that or you don't have to play .It is a fun time time and well attended.

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
charity in pool

A couple years ago Shane came to Clinton Ia, and played a charity match against a local player Chad Vilmont for MDA. Shane played jrs. and challenge matches. Pat DIVINNEY MADE A SPECIAL CUE for the event we raised several thousand dollars, Some in pool do give back,

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Shane is a great guy in and out of pool. I was able to talk to Shane the night he played Dippy for the big $$$, the match that started the whole Dippy challenge match crap. He invited me to hang out that night with him and I had to turn him down. I will never forget how down to earth this young man was and look forward to talking to him again someday.

Five frogskins a game is a deal!:cool:

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to downgrade Shane- I think I unconsciously did this because he would beat some of my favorite players- Corey Deuel, Earl, Rodney Morris, Mika, etc. I was always looking for some excuse as to why he isn't really as good as those guys- well I've come to realization that he really is as good as those guys and on many occasions better. His performance in the US Open this year was one of the best matches I've ever seen. I have the utmost respect for him now and it sounds like he is a great guy on top of it all. Hats off to him.