SVB Hotel Room Broken Into!

AnitoKid

And I kid you not!
Silver Member
From Shane's FB page:

To people in Wyoming. If any information knows who broke into my hotel room or if anyone knows who did this and I get my stuff back, I will give 2k. Otherwise, Hopefully one day I will find out who did this.

Here is my watch that has been stolen.

Stole 2k cash, my 2 watch, Hugo boss coat, deodorant and Chanel cologne. Yea, that’s right my deodorant and cologne! Didn’t take my cues and my Gucci traveling bag. Obviously the person is stupid not to take the $2500 Gucci bag.
c527a00694ad44ebe2b6263b3400aab2.jpg

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Think this happened earlier in the week. Shane has posted this a few days ago too. It is very weird that they didn't take his cues and left the expensive bag. No matter who did it, I hope karma gets them or the cops.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Word to the wise - Don't leave valuables in your hotel room! I won't even begin to tell you all the horror stories I've heard from people staying at "nice" hotels! Vegas is one of the worst.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had my laptop stolen at a Marriott hotel. I will never forget it. :angry:

Read this thread --> Word to the Wise

Lesson Learned: It turns out there's a little statute [unknown to me] called the Innkeeper's Statute, which varies from State to State. Bottom line, a hotel "may" not be held responsible for any thefts unless there is an eyewitness to the robbery. In essence, anybody who enters a hotel room, according to the Innkeeper's Statute, whether a robber or a hotel employee, can steal your belongings and you have lost your property, with no hope for compensation for your loss.

I travel quite a bit, and this is the first time I've ever had a theft in a hotel room. I had never heard of the Innkeeper's Statute. I hope this thread may provide a warning to secure anything of value, especially something that cannot be replaced, when staying at lodging facilities "on the road."

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll ask a question that may never come up. Are there cameras on the hallway that show his door?

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll ask a question that may never come up. Are there cameras on the hallway that show his door?

I speak from ignorance but perhaps in Vegas (maybe) but I doubt in a Wyoming hotel willing to host a pool tournament. Hopefully he insured the watch.

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Word to the wise - Don't leave valuables in your hotel room! I won't even begin to tell you all the horror stories I've heard from people staying at "nice" hotels! Vegas is one of the worst.

Sad theft for Shane. Hope he learns to save future problems.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
I do a lot of business travel and like my watches. Rule 1. Nobody is allowed in my room including maids. I tell them at check in. No room service period. If possible I find a maid on my floor i the morning. Hand her a tip and make it a point that I do not want to be disturbed.

I have had many a free night and meal from a hotel that forgets my instructions. Tip for those who travel with expensive small things. Roll it up in a sock and put the sock in a bag with dirty laundry in your suitcase. Only the truly motivated will go through dirty underwear.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
1. Cues are hard to conceal and fence.

2. Who wants a Cuetec?

A split second when I read Shane’s post I told myself “strange why would they want a Gucci bag over such a famous champions Cue.......tekkkkkkk...in a blink remembering he plays with one of the lowest priced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If there isn't a safe in the room, there's no way I'm leaving those kind of valuables in my room.

The regular hotel room safes are so easy to open they're just a joke. Check youtube for all the instructions .. :-(

Really valuable stuff should be left in a hotel safe if possible. The room safes are probably the first place a thief will open if he/she is only slightly skilled.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Remember back in the day when you could just walk up to the desk and say you lost your key and they would just issue a new one without checking ID? I think The Whale knew that one.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Remember back in the day when you could just walk up to the desk and say you lost your key and they would just issue a new one without checking ID? I think The Whale knew that one.

The Whale just told them he was Keith McCready and they handed him a key to Keith's room, where my Szamboti cue was stashed. He knew what to take. :frown:
Keith had just won the BC Open (and $25,000!) playing with that cue. The amazing thing is that I got that cue back. See Pool Wars for the whole story. :smile:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I speak from ignorance but perhaps in Vegas (maybe) but I doubt in a Wyoming hotel willing to host a pool tournament. Hopefully he insured the watch.

Matt, you were responding to Johnny Rosato who wondered if the hotel may have surveillance cameras in their hallways that show who entered SVB's room.

My take is this could be since such cameras have become so affordable - much less likely to be at B&B type places but I think most hotels / motels have them, even in WY.

I'm thinking Shane already checked on this but if not he def should.

effing thieves. :mad:

Got to get a Cuetec watch for road trips.

best,
brian kc

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have some nice watches. I also travel a bit.

And when I travel overseas, I put on my el cheapo watch. Gail leaves her wedding set and other nice stuff at home, and wears a simple silver band.

Going to some places -- with that kind of bling on -- does not qualify as one of the smarter ideas I've heard of lately.

Lou Figueroa

Cychotron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to travel alot for work for home inspections. I got my stuff stolen out my room of the same hotel twice. It was nuts, so one trip i borrowed my buddies small game camera and stuck it to the wall kinda hidden.
Maid came in with friend and stole my gameboy and games from the table. Also took my electric razor. But the game cam recorded everything. She rolled in her friend secretly inside a linens bin for laundry. And while her friend searched she cleaned up.
I decided to call the police as i requested her to service my room while i was there like i didnt know she stole anything.
Cops showed up at the room, she denied it all tried to tell the cops i tried to rape her do i showed the female officer the video and off she went in cuffs.
It was a learning experience. If i stay in hotels now i have mini cameras i set up when i leave.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have some nice watches. I also travel a bit.

And when I travel overseas, I put on my el cheapo watch. Gail leaves her wedding set and other nice stuff at home, and wears a simple silver band.

Going to some places -- with that kind of bling on -- does not qualify as one of the smarter ideas I've heard of lately.

Lou Figueroa

Just wearing a watch i find ridiculous. It's uncomfortable, restricts your mobility and every phone, computer, cable box, TV, car etc has the time staring in your face and 3/4 are updated continuously and accurately.