TAR 21: Pagulayan vs Van Boening. THE REMATCH !!!

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
$35 is a great price for what you're putting out. JCIN consider looping the night before's action during the off time or something like that so other timezones can see it at least. Okay I'm lying I'll just be in a different place and that would let me see more of it :) I'm buying either way.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
I haven't been excited about anything pool-related in a long time........ I am looking forward to this.

Thanks for getting this down.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
This is epic and the way the room should be baptized. No offense to Chris and Dip. TAR is synonymous with SVB & Alex.

Nick

8ballEinstein

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A fair price??? Nah ...

$35.00 to watch two champions for three days (probably over 20 hrs of pool) is a very fair price. It cost $25 - $75 for one night (a few hours if it's not over in a few seconds) with other sports ppv's. Add your cable cost and taxes also. If pool is ever going to go big time people like TAR putting on the show need to make a profit doing it and betting on pool online needs to happen. Johnnyt

It's a steal!!!

But, I'm still not satisfied. I've got to see this live. My plan is to try and sneak into the studio. I'm sure if I hide in the rafters and stay quiet, I could avoid being detected.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
This should be great. I hope I don't have anything going on that weekend.

I apologize if this has been covered. A lot of streams claim their stream is in HD. They might record in 1080p but the actual stream received by the viewer is 360p. That isn't even top quality standard definition.

So would it be possible to broadcast in true HD (720p or 1080i/p)? I don't think anyone has ever actually broadcast in true HD before. But no one has ever streamed from a TV Studio before either. I'd bet there could be some difficulties in viewer bandwidth. I'm not sure what your available bandwidth is there but maybe you could broadcast simultaneously in 360/480p and 720/1080p. One for low bandwidth users and one for high bandwidth users.

We can not stream in HD. Our Tricaster does not support it. We do use high quality HD cameras (Panasonic HMC-150) but the Tricaster will only output 480p. To move up to true HD streaming would cost $20,000 for the Tricaster.

For TAR 20 we ran the stream at 640x360 700Kbps and the response was good. I am going to talk to our PPV provider about doing a full 480p stream. We have tested it in the past and had some issues with stability.

Accu-stats is as far as I know the only people who have streamed in true HD. They recently upgraded their gear and the stream I saw with it was great. My goal to is to be true HD with 720p streams by next May for the US Open One Pocket and 10 Ball.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Any of you who have blogs and other outlets feel free to promote it. I want TAR to stick around so let's all help them get the numbers up:

http://jbcases.com/caseblog/2011/08/23/the-rematch-the-lion-vs-the-south-dakota-kid/

Also. 4 1/8" pockets??? THAT will be brutal. I play on tables that tight sometimes and some three foot shots nearly straight into the pocket look they won't go. This will be a true test on both sides. Frankly I like Alex on tighter pockets because of his snooker experience.

Thanks for the help John. When I get the new rails on I will post before and after pics so people can see the difference.

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How about the cloth, rails, balls & lighting (incadescent or flourescent) what's being used, and are the pockets cut the same as last time they played?
Table type?
Are the lights on the ceiling, or will the viewers have the over the table light feeling?
Sure hope there are mics picking up the balls entering the pockets, and is there going to be any background type poolroom music, I know the players during the Camel Tour wanted it.

Who's racking the balls?

do a search , there is a video of the studio around here somewhere. It one of the most beautiful setups I have ever seen for gambling.

paksat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im glad you guys are tightening the pockets, should make for some interesting pool

I'm not, I agree with Jay.

They're going to be ducking shots they'd normally fire in like cowboys in the old west.

4.25 is the way to go imo but we're not running this show

Masirib5

Klaatu barada nikto
Silver Member
I'm not, I agree with Jay.

They're going to be ducking shots they'd normally fire in like cowboys in the old west.

4.25 is the way to go imo but we're not running this show

I agree. Don't make it stupid hard. That isn't pool in my opinion. You have to be able to play thin side or thick side hit to play the shape you need to.

--Jeff

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Or we might see some of the most awesome pool on the planet as these two titans bring it to a new level with the 4 1/8th" pockets. I doubt highly you're going to see them passing up runout opportunities. They obviously both want the conditions.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Table is a Diamond 9 foot Pro am with Tournament Blue Simonis. Balls are Aramith Super Pro TV Balls. Our table now has 4 1/2 " pockets on it but we are putting another set of Diamond rails on it for this match. The new rails will give us pockets that are 4 1/8" so they will be a little tighter than last time.

There are nine Diamond fluorescent lighting fixtures suspended about 12" down from the 10 foot high ceiling. The lights are lightweight CSI lights that are used at the Nationals in Vegas. There will be a fixed high camera angle on a 8 foot jib and two cameras on tripods and dollys that will have operators moving them around to capture the best angles.

There will be two shotgun mics to pick up ambient sounds and there will be background music. Players will rack their own using a Magic Rack.

There's only one set of Diamond Pro Am rails in Nevada with 4 1/8" corner pockets that I know of, which have also been modified to play like the new Diamonds....and they're on Fatboy's ProAm....so...where are you getting the 4 1/8" rails you're talking about?;) there won't be any complaints if these are the rails being used...none at all;)

Glen

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
4 1/8" is not too tough for these two players. Some of those tables in CA. for the Seminole event were under 4", which to me is wrong for anything but practice. Johnnyt

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
There's only one set of Diamond Pro Am rails in Nevada with 4 1/8" corner pockets that I know of, which have also been modified to play like the new Diamonds....and they're on Fatboy's ProAm....so...where are you getting the 4 1/8" rails you're talking about?;)

Pool tables get setup everyday, all over the world, without you even knowing about it. Crazy huh?