TAR - everyone is ok at Side Pockets after tornado

billiards102

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Building and vehicles damaged and power is out, but no one is hurt. Hopefully power will be back for the match tomorrow night. We will post more when we get back to the hotel, apparently more bad weather is on the way. Just have mobile phones for posting right now.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
billiards102 said:
Building and vehicles damaged and power is out, but no one is hurt. Hopefully power will be back for the match tomorrow night. We will post more when we get back to the hotel, apparently more bad weather is on the way. Just have mobile phones for posting right now.

Man, stay safe, you guys. Those doggone tornadoes suck!

I am glad to read everyone is okay! :)

JAM

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
OK, I've seen this around this forum a billion times and can't figure out what it means. What is "TAR"
MULLY

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mullyman said:
OK, I've seen this around this forum a billion times and can't figure out what it means. What is "TAR"
MULLY

theactionreport.com

check it out, you picked a GREAT week to find their website!:D

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
mullyman said:
MULLY
TAR used to stand for TheActionReport.

Now it stands for Tornadoes Are Real.

:D

We had a good scare at Side Pockets tonight. One end of the plaza was wrecked and about half of the stores on the end we are in had plate glass windows blown in. We were lucky in that no major damage was done to Side Pockets and no one was injured.

I lost the passenger side window on my car and Jason has a nice new collection of dents on his new car. We lost power and as of 4:30 local time it was stil out. Hopefully everything will be sorted out by tomorrow and we will go forward with the Schmidt/ Harriman match as planned.

You know how they always interview the people in trailer park after the tornado comes through and they say it sounded like a freight train? I am a believer now.

Here are some pics from the aftermath

The TAR camera trucks slightly roughed up after the storm.

DSC_0242.jpg

A bar farther down the plaza that had it a lot worse than SidePockets

DSC_0226.jpg

Jason checking out the damage on the far end where it was pretty bad.

DSC_0241.jpg

"Do you believe this sh!t?"

DSC_0239.jpg

No Worries

DSC_0207.jpg

cubc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
holy crap. Glad you all are ok. That's a little too close to the "action".

Tablemechanic

Silver Member
Last edited:

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
I think that Tornado too one look at Justin - thought twice about its bad attitude and did an about face.

:p

Glad to hear you guys are ok...

Good luck to both John and Danny!

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Geez.....it's just a little wind for crying out loud.:rolleyes:

j/k.... Glad to see you guys are OK. That is some scary sh*t right there.

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
Wow, I stopped watching the ring game last night around the time you were telling John Schmidt about how the end of the building was torn off previously by a tornado. A bit of foreshadowing?!?!

Glad you are all right and good luck keeping the event on schedule!

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
holy shiat! that was a close call....were the ring game players in the building when this went down? man thats some crazy pics....the tornado must have been damn close.

pletho

NON "ACTION KNOCKER"
Silver Member
Wow

I was on the second game of a race to 7 for 100 on the diamond table, the game was being streamed i think, I was shooting the nine into the side at a very, very tuff angle, just as I had hit the nine ball then "Boom, bang woosh, lights flickering, screaming running" I had no idea if the nine went in, the place went dark? About 15 miniutes later after all had got there bearings straight I looked on the table and all that was left was the cue ball!:D I made the nine just in time!!!!:p YEAH!!! We didnt finish the set yet!

What was funny is that I had headphones on and had no idea what was really going on until I took them off! Someone said there is a tornado swirling in the street, the parking lot, my car windows got blown out. Everyone said that the windows and wall to the room facing the parking lot BOWED in about 1 foot and the ceiling ROSE UP, just as it happened.

Of course I was oblivious to it, it happened too fast and again my headphones were on while I was jamming to AC/DC "For Those About To Rock" Hmmmmm!

Last edited:

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope all are well

billiards102 said:
Everything is good to go and the match is going forward as scheduled.

We are live on Ustream now with player interviews to start around 5 Central.

www.theactionreport.com to view the feed

Live feed question: If I buy the live feed-do I get a discount on the Dvd purchase once it is available? I ask since I won't be at work with high speed i/net over the weekend to view much if any of the live feed.

Glad you guys are OK-ps don't stand under those hanging sharp roof things too long. Ask Gary if it blows that hard in v/ville. Best of luck to all of you guys-great event/concept. There are enough of us pool addicts around to allow your business model to succeed.

thanks
3railkick

Madcity

Now that you TAR guys have been through a tornado which one wants to be called Dorthy?

Hope all is well and see ya on-line tonite.

Madcity

Last edited:

BRKNRUN

Showin some A$$
Silver Member
I heard the real story...It wasn't a Tornado...

God went bust to Efren and just went off.......REALLY BAD....;)

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
Blackjack said:
I think that Tornado too one look at Justin - thought twice about its bad attitude and did an about face.

Smart tornado. Too bad it didn't see him a bit earlier, that table can't play so good with all that glass on it ... not that it would hurt my game.

Dave