The Action Challenge Tickets on Sale Now !!!

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Tickets for the First Action Challenge are now on sale. This is going to be a special weekend that people will talk about for a long time. The venue is Lucky's in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.

Lucky's is Shane's home room. The room is a nice size but not laid out for large events. Due to this we are limited on our seating. Right now there are 40 tickets for Friday and 40 tickets for Saturday available.

The tickets are $10.30 for each night. They are first come first serve. No refunds unless the match is canceled. I am 100% confident this event will go off smoothly, but in the case of accident or injury to a principal, loss of power at the venue or other freak accident all tickets will be refunded.

All seats are of the bleacher variety and servers will be coming through the room to take drink orders throughout the evening.

The tickets are located in our brand new store here: www.theactionreport.net

If you want to see both nights make sure to buy a ticket for Friday and Saturday. I want to stress that this a small venue and if you are going to travel to watch this match I highly suggest you buy tickets now. Once they are gone that is it. We just don't have the room.

We currently do not have any deals with hotels. There is a German festival that weekend and most of the hotels we spoke with that are close to the room are full. If you want to come you may have to use a little google-fu to find the room.
 
Awesome what you are doing for pool, the viewers, and the players... I tip my hat. I will be buying a ticket.

Check your PM's, I sent you a reply yesterday, not sure if you got it.
 
AZE said:
Awesome what you are doing for pool, the viewers, and the players... I tip my hat. I will be buying a ticket.

Check your PM's, I sent you a reply yesterday, not sure if you got it.
AZE if you sent something to me I did not receive it.

Also just to make it clear, these are tickets for the actual venue not the pay per view stream. I received some messages that had the two confused. The PPV will go up probably Tuesday or Wednesday of the week of the match.

We have been testing the stream a lot lately, and I think people are going to be very happy with the quality.

Thanks to everyone who is getting behind this event and supporting us and the players.
 
JimS said:
Shane's home room. Tough to fade.
Unless a guy is confident enough to know that if you can beat a champion in is home room there is usually a pretty big score to be had. Billy Chips has already stated that for anyone who likes Shane, and is at the event, the window is open.

That is why this is going to be so cool. Corey basically is saying "I will come play you in your room, in front of all your people, for whatever you want to put in the middle" Pretty strong.

Shane now has the chance he has been looking for, to beat one of the top tier American players in a long head to head set. He has done most everything except beat a top tier player head to head playing an even rotation game. A win here will cement his status as one of the elite.

There is a lot more on line here than what is in the middle.
 
hotel..

if your thinking of coming to this event pm me and i will direct you to a hotel in the area! get your tickets at the store they will be gone soon! :cool:
 
are they each putting up 5? or is the 10 being put up in some sort of sponsorship deal???

thanks guys.
 
it was an invitational...

derekdisco said:
are they each putting up 5? or is the 10 being put up in some sort of sponsorship deal???

thanks guys.
we invited them to play the game they are putting up 10k each! no deals!:cool:
 
Start Time???

I probably missed it, but what time is the match going to start on Firday and Saturday?
 
it starts...

cshots said:
I probably missed it, but what time is the match going to start on Firday and Saturday?
it will start at 6 pm central friday the 14th and then at 3pm central sat the
15th! :D
 
Got Mine, Yesterday

bignasty said:
they are going quick folks! dont miss um!:eek:

See you guys Saturday, should be cool:cool: :cool: . What time will the room open on Saturday

-don
 
it...

Thecoats said:
See you guys Saturday, should be cool:cool: :cool: . What time will the room open on Saturday

-don
it opens at 11 am saturday morning! gonna be a great weekend! cant wait to see the outcome!:D
 
3 weeks to go till the big event.

We have 20 tickets left for Friday and 16 left for Saturday. If you want to come sweat this in person get 'em now. Once they are gone we are out of room.

This is going to be a good time for everyone, won't be long now.:D :D
 
bignasty said:
we invited them to play the game they are putting up 10k each! no deals!:cool:
Just a simple question for you guys. Are the players going to get a piece of the gate? If so, judging from a past event that I can recall from quite a number of years ago, envolving one pocket with Ronnie Allen in a winner take all.

In that event it seemed to me that some of the intensity of the match was gone. I got a feeling from some of the play that the players were in it just to put on a show. It looked to me like they were tring to put on a one pocket clinic that fizzled, and a paycheck was already secured. Just my opinion on that match.

I want to see a match played as if their stakes is what's at stake.
 
dabarbr said:
Just a simple question for you guys. Are the players going to get a piece of the gate? If so, judging from a past event that I can recall from quite a number of years ago, envolving one pocket with Ronnie Allen in a winner take all.

In that event it seemed to me that some of the intensity of the match was gone. I got a feeling from some of the play that the players were in it just to put on a show. It looked to me like they were tring to put on a one pocket clinic that fizzled, and a paycheck was already secured. Just my opinion on that match.

I want to see a match played as if their stakes is what's at stake.

The starting thread states that there only about 40 tickets for each day, that is 800.00, not much to cut up between two players and the promoters. I am guessing these guys will be playing their hearts out to:

A: Prove who is the best.
B: Get the 20dimes.
C: Avoid losing 10 times.

I think we are all in for a big treat:D :D
 
dabarbr said:
Just a simple question for you guys. Are the players going to get a piece of the gate? If so, judging from a past event that I can recall from quite a number of years ago, envolving one pocket with Ronnie Allen in a winner take all.

In that event it seemed to me that some of the intensity of the match was gone. I got a feeling from some of the play that the players were in it just to put on a show. It looked to me like they were tring to put on a one pocket clinic that fizzled, and a paycheck was already secured. Just my opinion on that match.

I want to see a match played as if their stakes is what's at stake.
I've said it a few times before and I really don't know how to make it any more clear. These guys are each bringing $10K to pay the entry. A portion of the entry has already been posted. Somebody is gonna leave on Saturday night with $10K less than they came with.

I can't speak about any previous events because I was not involved in them. I can say that with the time and money we have invested in this it would be idiotic to be anything less than truthful. We want to do more of these types of events and we realize that anything less than the real deal will be nothing more than a show. I wouldn't enjoy watching that and I sure as hell am not going to put my name on a scam.

As to our deal with the players, yes they are being compensated.
If you know either of the players call them and ask, we told them to tell whoever they want about exactly what they are getting. We didn't ask them if they wanted us to disclose it, so for now I won't. I will say this, what they will receive from us is not on par with what they can win.

I am guessing you do not know either of these guys very well. The reason I say that is if this thing was being played for a $1 in front of basically everyone in the pool world both of these guys are going to try to blank the other guy. You don't get to their level by not caring if you win or lose.

To be honest I think the money, while important, is not the main thing here. Shane wants to beat Corey and show the world he is one of the best American players. Corey wants to beat Shane because Shane thinks he can beat Corey :D Remember not too long ago Corey gave Shane the 8 and won. Now this kid is challenging him in front of the whole world.

I can't really explain it any better than that.
 
Back
Top