sde

Silver Member
you know you have to bring enough for everyone

I'll get more if needed.

popcorn.jpg

TVmike

Professional Live Stream
Silver Member
enjoy the show you wanted the show the film...

Of course you’re going to post first about this experience because you think people will believe you more than they will believe me because your Mr Pool. Up until recently I had nothing bad to say about you to anyone. My question is why do you think after mailing you Mika DVDS got paid, Schmidt DVDS got paid, Alex DVDS which you say you didn’t get then 1 week later mailing you a Bad Blood Box set which you got. Why do you think out of those 4 packages mysteriously you get all psychotic on me claiming I outright ripped you off for package 3, and why is it that you didn’t receive package 3. So I know that facts to be that they were mailed as I exactly stated within a week of us decided the format to building the DVDS for the Alex set. I don’t know how many times I told you to check your po box because they should have been there. Why else would I be asking you for payment for the DVDS if I didn’t know you got them already? Yes I did ask you if you could send me the money upfront because I was going to send them shortly anyways.

Your story has many many holes and inconsistencies and out right inaccuracies. Honestly I really appreciate that you paid me when you got the DVDS so why do you think I would be dicking you around for these Alex P DVDS when I need the money to live? Wouldn’t I be rushing to get them to you so I could get the money? Yes of course I would.

Do you really want me to post all our communication with dates and so forth on here and also divulge certain specifics of how business was handled at DCC? I should just for the fact that you think *I* do not have intellectual property rights for this material and that you will somehow stop me from selling DVDS. Is this a comedy act or something? First of all anything recorded on my cameras is instantly my intellectual property. You couldn’t or anyone else for that matter tell me that anything I didn’t cover was not my property to do with as I pleased and you sure as hell couldn’t legally claim it unless you had an agreement on paper which stated such. FYI I wrote a contract for Bad Blood that secured them in writing that were inherently mine anyways but I wrote a contract just in case anyone would think otherwise.

Actually contrary to many people’s views I’m not a nasty unprofessional person and for you to publicly slander me about this is ANOTHER reason why pool is where it is. It is a HUGE reflection of the character of people involved in pool.

So we are at somewhat of an impasse because I mailed the DVDS and I know they were mailed so it’s either 1. Your lying about getting them or 2. Out of 4 packages 1 was lost even though it was sent via Po Box to Po Box method which is very unlikely considering you got the other package which was addressed the same. Your issue you raising what address was used and “he keeps lying about a track numbers” are red herring distractions which obfuscate either that You got them and your lying Or you didn’t get them. I really don’t like the way you communicate so it’s leading me to believe that, You are lying because you know how bad I need the money to survive so how easy would it to screw me out of $160? Quite easy and at the same time take it out on me for actually paying me for my work in shape or another. As we both know and you admitted that you didn’t pay me anything to do the job out of courtesy considering how much work and skill was involved when the tale of tape was read I was really surprised to not be offered anything. I enjoyed collaborating and the way we in general worked together and our conversation and insight into the players but was disappointed because I must of spent $600 out of my pocket for expenses. Hence when I got home I was not very keen on the idea of just sending you DVDS and having you pay me some money later. On top of the work it took to create the authors in the first place there was no way in my right mind could just roll over in that fashion. This IS work and a considerable amount of skill.

So that is where we are right now. I do not want turn this thread into a trainwreck full of negativity so if possibly I would like to work something out with you where you either pay for the package lost at a discounted rate or pay for these dvds upfront or something. I seriously cannot afford to just be some push over here. I understand you have a good reputation in the pool community and you can do people favors and you giving me compliments or a job referral would hold some weight. But I feel thoughly disrespected for the many comments you have made regarding my honesty and character.

TvMike

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey TvMike, I have a question. How much would it cost to send him another set of DVDs and do the right thing? If he says he never got them, why would you assume he is lying? He obviously told you he received the others.

If I bought a DVD from Tar or Accu-stats and it never showed up, do you think they would say "Just send us some more money and we'll send you out another one"? I realize this is between the seller and distributor but the same general principle applies.

It couldn't cost you more than $10-20 in DVDs and cases to send him another package. Why isn't that the best thing to do to keep your name intact?

Am I missing something? It seems strange that anyone would lie about 1/4 packages. I don't even care that it's Jay, it could be anyone.

jrt30004

just jokin' around
Silver Member
Do you really want me to post all our communication with dates and so forth on here and also divulge certain specifics of how business was handled at DCC? I should just for the fact that you think *I* do not have intellectual property rights for this material and that you will somehow stop me from selling DVDS. Is this a comedy act or something? First of all anything recorded on my cameras is instantly my intellectual property. You couldn’t or anyone else for that matter tell me that anything I didn’t cover was not my property to do with as I pleased and you sure as hell couldn’t legally claim it unless you had an agreement on paper which stated such. FYI I wrote a contract for Bad Blood that secured them in writing that were inherently mine anyways but I wrote a contract just in case anyone would think otherwise.

Actually contrary to many people’s views I’m not a nasty unprofessional person and for you to publicly slander me about this is ANOTHER reason why pool is where it is. It is a HUGE reflection of the character of people involved in pool.

TvMike

ok first off, i am not going to comment about you and jay and the fight. not my fight so nothing to say.
i will comment on the first paragraph i quoted like this: it is not automatically your property if you were hired as a camera man and nothing more. if you have the contract that says it yours than it's yours. if there is only a verbal contract than good luck in court to both of you.
now my comment on the second paragraph. you are nasty and unprofessional. we have those views based on how you have presented yourself. you were rude during the bad blood event when we all paid and coulnd't see the event and you did nothing to make us feel better about getting screwed. your reply here is borderline hostile as well. if you have the proof you are right just say so. say you have a tracking number for the package and the contract to say you own the rights and then tell jay you'll settle in private. no, you get on and write a novel about how you're not this and that and you've done this and that. you already got a time out here for shameless self promotion bordering on spam and then you sold that horrific box set of the botched bad blood event. seriously, quit while you're behind.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Mike;

With all due respect, you have not addressed some important points that Jay brought up about how you came to DCC with no promise of being paid there, but rather, that the deal was you'd be paid from proceeds of the dvd sales.

From what you wrote above, it looks like you had a change of mind and that, after the fact, you are saying what you did must have cost you $600 out of your pocket. What's the point? Either you had an agreement that your pay was going to be coming from post production dvd sales by Jay, or not. Which was it? :confused:

You mentioned something about red herrings. Did you bring up the fact that legally, what you shot with your camera is your intellectual property? I think that even if this is the case, it has zero to do with whether or not you had a deal with Jay, and more importantly, whether or not you are honoring it.

Regarding the missing package that you said you sent to Jay's PO box, unless you have proof by way of a receipt or tracking number, you have to take the man at his word that he didn't receive it. Offering him to repurchase that order at a discount is pure nonsense.

Please comment on why, if you had a deal with Jay in advance, you changed up by first asking for $200 which wasn't part of the original deal, then why did you demand Jay pay you in advance on orders rather than sticking to what you guys agreed to, a percentage of the dvd sales?

I know you said that you need the money to survive, been hearing a lot of that around the pool world. However, I don't think this is an acceptable reason to break the terms of a deal.

You have been doing this long enough and you certainly seem bright enough to know what you were getting yourself into when you went to DCC to do this project. If you thought the way it was laid out, that Jay was getting the best of it, why did you show up?

Best,
Brian kc

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Of course you’re going to post first about this experience because you think people will believe you more than they will believe me because your Mr Pool. Up until recently I had nothing bad to say about you to anyone. My question is why do you think after mailing you Mika DVDS got paid, Schmidt DVDS got paid, Alex DVDS which you say you didn’t get then 1 week later mailing you a Bad Blood Box set which you got. Why do you think out of those 4 packages mysteriously you get all psychotic on me claiming I outright ripped you off for package 3, and why is it that you didn’t receive package 3. So I know that facts to be that they were mailed as I exactly stated within a week of us decided the format to building the DVDS for the Alex set. I don’t know how many times I told you to check your po box because they should have been there. Why else would I be asking you for payment for the DVDS if I didn’t know you got them already? Yes I did ask you if you could send me the money upfront because I was going to send them shortly anyways.

Your story has many many holes and inconsistencies and out right inaccuracies. Honestly I really appreciate that you paid me when you got the DVDS so why do you think I would be dicking you around for these Alex P DVDS when I need the money to live? Wouldn’t I be rushing to get them to you so I could get the money? Yes of course I would.

So we are at somewhat of an impasse because I mailed the DVDS and I know they were mailed so it’s either 1. Your lying about getting them or 2. Out of 4 packages 1 was lost even though it was sent via Po Box to Po Box method which is very unlikely considering you got the other package which was addressed the same. Your issue you raising what address was used and “he keeps lying about a track numbers” are red herring distractions which obfuscate either that You got them and your lying Or you didn’t get them. I really don’t like the way you communicate so it’s leading me to believe that, You are lying because you know how bad I need the money to survive so how easy would it to screw me out of $160? Quite easy and at the same time take it out on me for actually paying me for my work in shape or another. As we both know and you admitted that you didn’t pay me anything to do the job out of courtesy considering how much work and skill was involved when the tale of tape was read I was really surprised to not be offered anything. I enjoyed collaborating and the way we in general worked together and our conversation and insight into the players but was disappointed because I must of spent $600 out of my pocket for expenses. Hence when I got home I was not very keen on the idea of just sending you DVDS and having you pay me some money later. On top of the work it took to create the authors in the first place there was no way in my right mind could just roll over in that fashion. This IS work and a considerable amount of skill.

So that is where we are right now. I do not want turn this thread into a trainwreck full of negativity so if possibly I would like to work something out with you where you either pay for the package lost at a discounted rate or pay for these dvds upfront or something. I seriously cannot afford to just be some push over here. I understand you have a good reputation in the pool community and you can do people favors and you giving me compliments or a job referral would hold some weight. But I feel thoughly disrespected for the many comments you have made regarding my honesty and character.

TvMike

Nice speech Mike. I KNOW you never sent the DVD's in question. You have continually side stepped my questions about a tracking number. And by the way, the first two DVD's of Mika and John S. were sent to my home address. Maybe you forgot this relevant fact. Why all of sudden do you decide to ship them to my P.O. Box. I specifically asked you to only ship to my home address.

If you want to keep what reputation you have left intact, I would suggest you IMMEDIATELY ship the Alex DVD's to me, as promised months ago. Quit stalling and begging for money, and just make them up and send them out. Nothing less will suffice anymore. Please save your speeches for someone else. I'm not impressed.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
ok first off, i am not going to comment about you and jay and the fight. not my fight so nothing to say.
i will comment on the first paragraph i quoted like this: it is not automatically your property if you were hired as a camera man and nothing more. if you have the contract that says it yours than it's yours. if there is only a verbal contract than good luck in court to both of you.
now my comment on the second paragraph. you are nasty and unprofessional. we have those views based on how you have presented yourself. you were rude during the bad blood event when we all paid and coulnd't see the event and you did nothing to make us feel better about getting screwed. your reply here is borderline hostile as well. if you have the proof you are right just say so. say you have a tracking number for the package and the contract to say you own the rights and then tell jay you'll settle in private. no, you get on and write a novel about how you're not this and that and you've done this and that. you already got a time out here for shameless self promotion bordering on spam and then you sold that horrific box set of the botched bad blood event. seriously, quit while you're behind.

Out of respect for Mike, who may have been having a bad day, I have not posted a word about the language he used in communicating with me privately. Let's just say I was a little shocked by his choice of words, when I have only been professional in my dealings with him. It took a lot to bring me to make the original post. I was just fed up with all his BS'ing me.

Hierovision

Dios mio, man.
Silver Member
Never deal with people desperate for money. He freely admits he needed the money to survive... people in situations like that are at a much higher risk to do immoral/illegal things to get the money they need. This is why credit checks are performed for a large number of reasons.

I'm not saying that's the case, but it's a good rule of thumb... and the gov't uses financial security as one of many standards for a security clearance. They didn't decide to make that part of the criteria out of the blue... desperate people do desperate things.

Wags

2 pocket-one pocket table
Silver Member
they been pimp'in the players forever-a shame, believe me if this ever happened NONE of the players would have got paid. So the thiefs and liars are just cheating each other, as of now. If they do produce a video then they would be screwing the players.

I have a email I might just go public with. then the shit would really hit the fan, Should I do it Jay? remember who is working for who? LOLOL oh shit this is rich.....

Does this mean that this was done at your event without your knowledge? Don't put out something like this and not follow through. Jeez, that's like the pool player barking at everyone and never stepping up to play. :)

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I implore the Mods to leave this up...
These are the type of threads that somehow go missing but are VERY relevant for future dealings.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I appologise

no there is alot more going here than the OP, I'll leave it at that. I been around 26 years I aint that slow to figure that out-u should know that.:cool::cool:

I replied to spanky79 with this post, I meant to just bust his chops, it was late and a poor choice of words. I never had those intentions, instead of just deleting it, I'm leaving it up and makig a appology to him. I never intended to insult him, or brag etc. It just came out wrong and the spirit of my feelings was not conveyed, me being a asshole was being conveyed and that was not my intentions.

I hope spanky79 accepets my appology and i'll do 10 push-ups, as a plenality Sir! yes sir! sir!

sincerly Eric

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to hear this jay, you shouldn't even send him the money upfront as he asked, the 160$ , but its really wise of you to not send him before receiving the DVDs.

Let me tell you guys, the minute I saw this guy tvmike chatting in ustream, or writing in here, I knew he is a nutjob, and that he's a really bad business man, I even said it long ago in one of the streams, I told him to find another job because this isn't for him, he wouldn't listen.

I hope that he never, and I emphasize NEVER, ever have a streaming event again, because if it happened , it will make me sad, not because he is getting money, but because I love to watch big events, and if he has the cover , I wouldn't buy it, he's just inconsistent, he can blew everything away in a matter of seconds, and then blame some other party easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.