Varney Custom No WAIT!

Nine Out

THANK YOU AZBILLIARDS
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Varney Custom Hoppe PLAYER --> Ready to Ship!

I've had this Varney for approximately 2 weeks. I just found a cue that I want to buy but I have to move one to make room! THIS IS A PLAYER!

Specs and pictures are below

*NOTE upon receipt I noticed some very fine surface blemishes in the clear. Kevin offered to look at the cue and buff it as its only about 2 months old. At any rate I disclose everything so I just wanted to point it out. No big deal this is a lights out player!

Current Weight 19.oz - I believe it can be adjusted
Forearm and butt are Cocobolo
Wrap is maple
Hoppe style cue with no bumper and a Hoppe ring on the butt
Flat face joint with a really sweet G10-Black 3/8-10 Pin
Shafts have dashed ring work
Shaft 1 is a Varney 12.75mm with Kamui tip and low deflection ferrule, Plays VERY SOLID!
Shaft 2 is a matched Predator 2 12.75 with a new Elkmaster, plays great!

Both shafts taper identically ferrules are the same length and diameter!

725.00//// ACTUALLY; 625.00 is what I meant to price it at. This is what I have in the cue I do believe.....

Thanks for Looking!

NINER

*Images from Kevin Varney After Completion

Varney1.jpg

Varney3.jpg

varney2.jpg

Last edited:

Nine Out

THANK YOU AZBILLIARDS
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Wow Lots of inquiries!

Varney creates some serious cue that get crazy ATTENTION!

I'm gonna move this cue quick. I found another that I've gotta have.

Thanks for the offers, If your interested in a nice Varney with no wait; here is your shot I think its fair to say it will be gone by tomorrow!

Thanks again,

NINER

Nine Out

THANK YOU AZBILLIARDS
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Pricing

I intended on pricing the cue at what I HAVE in it. I copied most of the specifications from the previous owner.

I will sell the cue for only $625.00. We all know what Predator shafts go for alone; and the wait for a Varney is pretty long. I think I got a GREAT deal on the cue. I'm looking to pass the deal on to make some room!

Thanks Everyone!

NINER

Nine Out

THANK YOU AZBILLIARDS
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
To the Top

Afternoon Bump,

I cant believe this cue has not sold!

Trick Varney, Plays and looks great allot of cue under $700.00:eek:

NINER

Dawgie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question about the Hoppe design. I play in some halls that have concrete floors. Wouldn't this cause damage to the cue as you are waiting your turn and resting the cue butt on the floor or is there something protecting the butt?

our_auctionguy

The Wall.....
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Soft market - try dropping the price.

Nine Out said:
Afternoon Bump,

I cant believe this cue has not sold!

Trick Varney, Plays and looks great allot of cue under $700.00:eek:

NINER
Tax man is just around the corner.

poohkiller

Still life.
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Dawgie said:
I have a question about the Hoppe design. I play in some halls that have concrete floors. Wouldn't this cause damage to the cue as you are waiting your turn and resting the cue butt on the floor or is there something protecting the butt?

I am pretty sure that the concrete floor would damage the cue... However you can hold it on your feet and/or put it down carefully (perhaps the earlier idea sounds better).

I love this cue and if I could sell mine now I would be AAaaaaall Over This One!

Very-very nice cue!

Nine Out

THANK YOU AZBILLIARDS
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Thanks

I appreciate the kind words. I dont have to sell it today, I think the seller of the cue I'm buying can give me a few days (I'll ask)

A varney sneaky is 350.00/400.00 ALL DAY! My cousin has one that plays the nutz!

This is a custom Hoppe with a $200+ 314-2

Surprised its not gone?????

Thanks,

NINER

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 98.6%
69   1   0
You should post some of your pictures so we can see how minor the finish blemishes are. it is a good looking cue and i like the no bumper thing (for looks not function) adds a classic feel

Nine Out

THANK YOU AZBILLIARDS
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'll be glad to do it

But I dont think you can see them I'll try. Its micro fine scratches but its not really scratches. I had already made arrangements to send it back Kevin offered to look it over and buff it if necessary even though I'm the 2nd owner, I thought that was a nice gesture.

At any rate I'll get some new pictures up, the cue plays nice (reduntant) and has a great sound.

I ran across a cue that is almost identical to one i spoke to Darrin Hill about building earlier in the day, Irony i suppose.

Thanks,,NINER

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 98.6%
69   1   0
yeah light finish problems don't usually show up well in pictures. a friend of mine had a cue with no bumper, it really caught my eye. good luck with the sale

Nine Out

THANK YOU AZBILLIARDS
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Varney

Thanks ONTHEBREAK (I didnt want to post your name)

The cue is available, i do have some offers several trades, I should of mentioned no trades as I'm moving this cue to get another.

The cue is 58" and 19.0oz The Varney shaft has great growth rings and straight grain. I like the way it hits!

I thought I got a great deal on the cue. I'm not looking to make money I just need to move this one to PAY FOR THE OTHER, (On The Break) your gonna love the new cue its a secret right now! Its almost identical to what I was going to have Darrin Hill build for me, I had just got off the phone with him and I found this one CRAZY!

Thanks Everyone, I'll post current photos tonight. I took some and as I thought the marred places dont show up they are tooo smalll!

You can however see the butt with the screw in it which was missing in the current photos and completes the cue, it looks great and creates a very unique and pleasant sound.

Thanks,

NINER