VF coming up

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
As with every other builder on the planet, i'm getting ready for VF. Here's a sample of things i'll be sending to the show. As always, it'll be a mix. This cue fits right in the middle. Simple bocote & ebony with phenolic.

I'm actually attending this year so I hope to meet some folks out there. Should be fun.

mycue001.jpg

mycue002.jpg

mycue003.jpg

mycue004.jpg

mycue005.jpg

cyrex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bocote

@!##!(!&*!4$^2&5^!!

That is just sweet. Far from simple bocote! Even the phenolic rings compliment the wood. Really clean and simple design but nice aesthetic balance. Beautiful!

clandis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not a big Bacote fan, but man that looks good with that ebony and brown phenolic. Nice work Eric. Hope you have fun at VF.

Chuck

astandrich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have to agree - that is one deceivingly simple beauty of a cue!

The phenolic almost looks like Bacote itself... and the ring work adds some great detail to dress it up. It would definitely catch some eyes from across the pool hall.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Sweet cue, never hit with one of your cues but have been admiring the work for some time now. Anyone got one in AZ that I can hit with? :smile:

DogLoop

Doing some cueing ?
Silver Member
what's the word ...

The bacote looks ... Spalted ?

I agree that the phenolic rings compliment the hardwoods.

Eric, the cue is understated and striking at the same time. I can only compliment the completed work.

-Ivan

plshrk22

A Holes Billiards
Silver Member
I would be more than happy to let you hit with mine if we were closer haha. Otherwise you will have to pry it from my dead body :).

Mehhh yeh its just some simple Bocote.... Yeh right!? That thing is narly! I love it and look forward to seeing my 8 Pointer :).

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Eric...another amazing use of bocote in a cue!! I am a bocote fan, and love seeing what you do with it...just beautiful, thanks for sharing!

Lisa

mair23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another perfect looking masterpiece from you, Eric.
Congrats to one more "wood - wonder" :thumbup:
Erich

CMD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eric, you are killing me...

Love the woods. I especially like the curly shaft. I bet this cue plays incredible.

Chris <~~~~~ will have plenty beer available at the Forge :smilewinkgrin:

Quality Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As with every other builder on the planet, i'm getting ready for VF. Here's a sample of things i'll be sending to the show. As always, it'll be a mix. This cue fits right in the middle. Simple bocote & ebony with phenolic.

I'm actually attending this year so I hope to meet some folks out there. Should be fun.

mycue001.jpg

mycue002.jpg

mycue003.jpg

mycue004.jpg

mycue005.jpg

Hi Eric:

In a word -- STUNNING. Your choice of wood combinations is incredible.

Brown Bear

Registered
Wow!!!!

It's almost obscene how you showcase woods natural beauty with such simplicity. Amazing!!!!:bow-down::bow-down::bow-down:

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
I've seen two cues with bocote that I liked, both of them you made. One was a cue that you made for Koop a long time ago, and then this cue.

Nice work Eric. Have a great show.