What's the best advice you've ever gotten...

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Along the lines of KISS, don't spin the ball if you don't have to. The less you have to do to the cueball the better.
Chuck

thefonz

It's not me...it's my ADD
Silver Member
best tips

1- learn the "double clutch"
2- cash in the pocket!
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
...for any part of the game (shot making, shape play, mental aspects, gambling...), and any source (books, DVDs, other players, forums...)?

Focus on the game your playing and pay little or no attention to anything that will distract you from doing so. When not shooting sit quietly and relax your body and mind, do not sit with a death grip on your cue, or with clenched teeth. If you do, when you return to the table you will bring this tension with you, and it will effect the fluid movement of your stroke. While waiting to shoot focus on your opponents game, and find their flaws and weakness, I don't care who we are talking about everyone has some weakness or some flaw with their game or they would never miss. While you are doing this clear your mind of negative thoughts and relax every muscle in your body, everyone has fear and everyone experiences situations that put them under pressure but how you use this energy makes all the difference.

Pressure can make you a winner or a loser it all depends whether it controls you or how you use it. Pressure can be used for strength as well as weakness, ever hear some one say fear is the mind killer well fear and pressure both can have that effect if they are left uncontrolled. However, if they are kept in check and controlled they can also keep you alert, and focused.

It all comes down to how you channel the energy, and this is done while you are quietly waiting for your next shot, this is how you prepare before you come to the table.

JIMO

cmsmith9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My mom...she was watching me play in a tournament and says "you should try keeping your eyes on the table instead of every waitress passing by".

Christian

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
"Don't hurry. Don't worry.
You're only here for a short visit.
So be sure to stop and smell the flowers."___golfing great, Walter Hagen 1910 :)

14oneman

Straight, no chaser!
Silver Member
If you gamble , post the money. If I had a dollar for every person I saw stiff someone or who bet money they never had and busted someone, I would be able to buy a nice Zsamboti.

Are you talkin' a Ugss Zsamboti or a Abrry Zsamboti? LOL!!! :rolleyes::groucho::poke:

Murdoch7627

Frank Reid aka "Fly Man"
Silver Member
Go take Stan Shuffett's course. It was Steve Lomax who told me to do so and I will be forever grateful.

Hierovision

Dios mio, man.
Silver Member
My sig about covers it. On the other end of the spectrum only those who truly want to rise to the top will rise to the top.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mr lassiter was playing a exhibition at imperial billiards, downey ca, and was playing different local players. after he played me, i was begging for any info that might improve my game. his answer.

NEVER MISS AN EASY SHOT
Eh, what did he know? ...he rarely took a hard shot:eek:!

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Take 2 weeks off then quit....

Seriously though. Best advice I ever read was in a Billiards Digest article on Stevie Moore. Stevie said something like, if its not easy, then don't do it. Sure if you make that hard shot your are the champion, but if you miss it, then you lose.

So yeah, that and like Randy said. Practice how you want to play. Doing that and you will play like you practice.

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
"Don't worry about the hard-shots, we all miss them every now and then! If you make sure you don't miss on the easy shots, you will win!"

So true

bes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't try to "get" shape when you "have" shape. Old-timer told me this after I made an easy shot and nearly got shape after sending the cue ball three rails. He pointed out that a stop shot would have worked just fine...