World Championships!!

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
Well, I was just invited to the Women's World Championships in Tapai, Taiwan. It will be held April 29-May 3. I am really excited since this will be my first time playing in this event and my first time to leave North America! I have been invited in years past and I turned it down because I felt like I wasn't ready for that task. Finally, I think it is my time!

The only catch with all of this is the struggling economy. Because of this the BCA cannot give the players any type of stipend to get to the event. Therefore, I am looking for a little help. If you would like to make a donation you can do so on my blog.. I offer signed pictures and cueballs in return. I am also going to have a patch that each person that donates or has donated will receive. I will wear the same patch to give recognition to everyone while I play. Soon I will also have T-shirts, hats and other merchandise. If you make a donation and specify what you might be interested in I will send it to you when they are available. I am guessing the trip will cost around $2500. I'm not asking for that full amount from one person (though it would be very generous). This is a group effort. Any little bit helps!

Thank you all in advance...even if you just say congrats!

Sarah

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I was just invited to the Women's World Championships in Tapai, Taiwan. It will be held April 29-May 3. I am really excited since this will be my first time playing in this event and my first time to leave North America! I have been invited in years past and I turned it down because I felt like I wasn't ready for that task. Finally, I think it is my time!

The only catch with all of this is the struggling economy. Because of this the BCA cannot give the players any type of stipend to get to the event. Therefore, I am looking for a little help. If you would like to make a donation you can do so on my blog.. I offer signed pictures and cueballs in return. I am also going to have a patch that each person that donates or has donated will receive. I will wear the same patch to give recognition to everyone while I play. Soon I will also have T-shirts, hats and other merchandise. If you make a donation and specify what you might be interested in I will send it to you when they are available. I am guessing the trip will cost around $2500. I'm not asking for that full amount from one person (though it would be very generous). This is a group effort. Any little bit helps!

Thank you all in advance...even if you just say congrats!

Sarah

Post a link and I will make donation.

You need to get started on your passport immediately (like today).

Ken

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd be happy to help support you........ it's obvious 2009 is definitely your year!

See you at VF and don't forget to say, "Let a sista hold somethin'.." ;)

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You need to get started on your passport immediately (like today).

When I got my passport a few years ago, I had to pay the expedited serivce fee ($60) and it still took a month to get there. Ken is right.

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
Thanks guys. Sarah's blog There is a donation link on the right side. It goes directly to my paypal. Be sure that your mailing address is correct on your paypal account so I can send you things in return. I really appreciate the help!

Ken, I have to passport ready to go. I went through all of that last summer when I visited Canada. An expensive, expedited service!

Ross, I have something for you. Want me to send it or do you have room in your suitcase at VF for something that weighs about 2 pounds? No, it's not a cue, obviously.

Sarah

Last edited:

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Thanks guys. Sarah's blog There is a donation link on the right side. It goes directly to my paypal.

Ross, I have something for you. Want me to send it or do you have room in your suitcase at VF for something that weighs about 2 pounds? No, it's not a cue, obviously.

Sarah

Post your Paypal address here,I will throw a few bones your way Sarah,have fun over there and kick some ass. :wink:

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It would be a heavy cue or I get to take you home!!!! :D

I'll see you at VF in 2 weeks, so we'll hold off until then.....

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
So the $ 10 I donated about a month ago wasn't enough? I knew it... Guess I will have to log in to paypal once again... :)

Good luck Sarah!

I wish you all the best and hope you do very well, but if you happen to play either Line Kjorsvik or Jasmin Ouschan I just can't root for you. Then you are "on your own" ;) (And if you beat one of them, or both, I will have to kill you, just as you know)

I haven't been in Taiwan myself, but based on my experiences from the country just southeast, you will have a wonderful time there. You will be treated like a pop-star. Don't be surprised when you walk around and notice that people in restaurants, bars etc. are watching the World Pool Championship on TV, and be prepared to sign autographs!

Enjoy the trip and keep us updated on the blog!

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
Thanks Roy. By the way, did you ever get that picture I sent. That was my first time mailing to Europe.

Please, if you have to kill me at least make it quick and painless!

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to need it! And as always, the blog will be updated!

Sarah

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
Thanks Roy. By the way, did you ever get that picture I sent. That was my first time mailing to Europe.

Please, if you have to kill me at least make it quick and painless!

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to need it! And as always, the blog will be updated!

Sarah

Haven't got any picture yet, but I wouldn't sweat it yet ;)

When will you sell t-shirts? I want one of those, unless they will be in some really feminime colors like pink... :eek:

FYI, I won't make any promises regarding any reactions of your possible victories...

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
Roy, I will definitely get you a shirt...in hot pink! Just kidding. I'll get you manly shirt. They will be ready in about a month.

Send me a PM with your real mailing address, not the one on your paypal. I'll have some other stuff to send you too and I'd like to make sure it actually gets there!

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
Johnny, I'm not sure who else will accept the spot. I know it is quite a financial burden. I had to accept it though! I will let you know soon. We have one week to fill the spots.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Haven't got any picture yet, but I wouldn't sweat it yet ;)

When will you sell t-shirts? I want one of those, unless they will be in some really feminime colors like pink... :eek:

FYI, I won't make any promises regarding any reactions of your possible victories...
WELL WELL ROY :) You are supporting a US Player??? NAH I'm in a dream right??? Hold on what is the national origin of Rousey??? scandanavian I imagine. Well It is nice to se you come around to the good side of the globe, GO USA :) YOU OLD Viking.

Having said that, thanks for supporting one of our players you aint that bad after all right>?? Go Archer.

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
WELL WELL ROY :) You are supporting a US Player??? NAH I'm in a dream right??? Hold on what is the national origin of Rousey??? scandanavian I imagine. Well It is nice to se you come around to the good side of the globe, GO USA :) YOU OLD Viking.

Having said that, thanks for supporting one of our players you aint that bad after all right>?? Go Archer.

I knew I did a mistake posting in this thread...

But I haven't gone completely mad!

Sarah is the only American player I will ever root for, as long as she doesn't beat the Europeans, especially Line and Jasmin ;)

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
I knew I did a mistake posting in this thread...

But I haven't gone completely mad!

Sarah is the only American player I will ever root for, as long as she doesn't beat the Europeans, especially Line and Jasmin ;)
Are you going to be at the SBE at the end of this month?? I would like to meet you and so would my buddy. We will force to do sho0ts with us, My buddy wants to meet you in a nice way honest just to F with you. And we will if you are there.