World Championships!!

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
I read a article about some travelers that were not allowed into a foreign country because they did not have a VISA. They thought that the only requirement was to have a passport. They flew there for a tour but were not permitted out of the airport.

I thought this was strange because they were not going there to work.

I was told that some countries do require a VISA besides a passport.

This might be worth looking into. Would hate to see you get there and then be turned back because of a oversite.

Good Luck

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Congrats, Sarah!

You can put me down for a lil something.

Also, if you need any info about Taipei, I'm familiar with that section of the city where the tourney is (just there last week, for that matter) and can give you suggestions. I'll bring it up next time we talk.

Regarding the visa issues; there are no issues. If you have a US Passport with more than 6 months til expiration, you are good to go.

Eric

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
TheBook, I have to say you got me a little paranoid after reading your post so I had to check into it. As Eric said, all I need is my passport. Things are usually made difficult for me so I'm hoping that this is not one of those things! Thanks for the heads up though.

Eric, thanks for your donation! I'll be hitting you up for some of that info I'm sure. The bit you have given me has been quite helpful!

And to let everyone know, I should have the patches by the 19th. I will start mailing them out as soon as I get them. If you are going to be at Valley Forge and I owe you a patch, let me know and I will give it to you there. I look forward to seeing everyone!

Sarah

jhendri2

Rack'em Sausage
Silver Member
Congrat's on the invitation Sarah!! I sent a little bit your way. Hey, how about a countdown, so we know how much more you need, or is that a little "stalker-ish":wink:

Do well in the Tourny! My money is on you!!!

Jim

Melissa Herndon

Pro Player
Silver Member
Bump.

Sent a little something...be sure to bring me my patch in San Diego. That sucker is going on my case :)

I'll give you more tips about traveling abroad when I see you!

Love ya,

M

Cuaba

Livin Large
Silver Member
Congratulations Sarah! Donation has been sent. I'll see you in Valley Forge and I may be able to make it to Taipei? I'll be in Asia at the time.

I would recommend that you get there a few days before the tournament. Adjusting to the jet-lag is the hardest part.

Good Luck!

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
Thanks allpro, jhendri and melissa. Thanks everyone for being so generous! I get the patches next week and I will start sending them out ASAP to those of you who will not be in Valey Forge. For those of you that are going just stop by the MezzUSA/Billiard Life USA booth and introduce yourself!

Melissa, don't worry, I definitely won't forget yours!

Sarah

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
Congratulations Sarah! Donation has been sent. I'll see you in Valley Forge and I may be able to make it to Taipei? I'll be in Asia at the time.

I would recommend that you get there a few days before the tournament. Adjusting to the jet-lag is the hardest part.

Good Luck!

Thanks so much! Melissa has been pretty good about giving me some travel hints. And Eric has helped a ton too. I booked my flight a couple of days in advance so I can somewhat adjust to the time difference and jetlag. That would be great if you were there at the same time and I will see you in Valley Forge.

Sarah

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
My wife got her passport a couple weeks ago, as we are going to Aruba, but she turned in her paperwork on Monday, and it arrived that Saturday in our mailbox. She didn't rush it or pay extra.

Good Luck Sarah! I know you'll do us proud.

I have donation for you, I'm going to head out now and see about doubling or tripling it for you. :)

Can you give me more info about how and where you got the patches from? I'm looking to make a few for my site and see if I can sponsor a few local players with em.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Patches?

Thanks allpro, jhendri and melissa. Thanks everyone for being so generous! I get the patches next week and I will start sending them out ASAP to those of you who will not be in Valey Forge. For those of you that are going just stop by the MezzUSA/Billiard Life USA booth and introduce yourself!

Melissa, don't worry, I definitely won't forget yours!

Sarah

Sarah:

I'm kinda caught-up here at a customer site in Westchester County (north of NYC) for all of this week and the first part of next week, so I won't be able to make it into Manhattan. However, I'll be at Valley Forge for the entire period (competing in one of the events). I'll be sure to stop by the MezzUSA/Billiard Life USA booth. Now this patch you speak of; what does it wean the wearer off of? Cigarettes? Alcohol? Do you put it behind your ear to prevent motion sickness? :D

-Sean

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
Jerry, I sent you a message on Facebook about the patches. I hope it helps! And thank you for your help!

Sean, I guess I will forgive you! Just kidding, I look forward to meeting you at Valley Forge!

Sarah

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
No problem Jim. Glad it made it there safely. If anyone else hasn't received an autographed cue ball or picture and they were supposed to let me know. If you are going to be at the Super Billiard Expo and need to get something from me, just remind me, I have all of the stuff with me. I also will have the Heartbacker patches for those of you that donated. If you are there please stop by the MezzUSA booth and pick one up! If you aren't going to make it to the SBE, I will mail them out as soon as I get them.

Thanks again,
Sarah

cyrex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Vf

Sarah,
It was very nice meeting you this weekend (I was the one that's friends with EL) and I was very impressed with how much time you spent promoting your sponsor and pool in general. My friend's booth was directly across from yours so I got to hang out in your area quite a bit. You were smiling and greeting everyone.... just being very professional. Much respect your way. Hope you have a great year and looking forward to seeing you at future events. :R:

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
HellFish and cyrex, it was a pleasure meeting both of you. Thanks for stopping by to chat and thanks for the kind words. It was a long grueling show but it was a great opportunity to meet people and hang out. It was great to meet everyone that came to the show!

Also, I'm glad everyone has been receiving their items. If you haven't, let me know. I was waiting to get more cueballs in. Sorry for making you feel like you joined the Sarah Rousey fan club but everyone will be getting a patch in the mail soon...then I'm done mailing stuff!

Thanks again,
Sarah

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Sarah, do you know if the World Championships will be streamed (sorry if this has been answered, I admit to not having read the entire thread :embarrassed2:)? I'm sure many of your supporters here would love to follow your matches online.