Screwed by Sneakypete76

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
928   0   0
It would appear that I have been given the shaft to the tune of $450 by Sneakypete76. He offerred a couple of Nova cues for sale a couple of weeks ago. I bought one with the stipulation that he would ship it to me so that I would have it NLT 14 March for SBE. Needless to say, I did not receive the cue.

I have tried to contact him/her via PM and email, but have received no response. I asked for shipping/tracking information, and received no response, even though he/she was logged on after I sent the PM. I asked for the same information via e-mail, and have received no response.

I asked that, if the cue had not/would not be shipped, simply refund my payment. That has not happened, either.

A delay in shipping can sometimes occur, for a variety of reasons, but there is no reason not to respond to inquiries.

The Paypal payment went to an individual identified as Sandy Thompson, if anyone knows that person.

Joe

VonRhett

Friends Call Me "von"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I am so tired of these SCUMBAGS frakkin up AZ.

If anyone knows this SCUMBAG Sandy Thompson, please put pressure on him/her/it to make this right and issue a refund.

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It would appear that I have been given the shaft to the tune of $450 by Sneakypete76. He offerred a couple of Nova cues for sale a couple of weeks ago. I bought one with the stipulation that he would ship it to me so that I would have it NLT 14 March for SBE. Needless to say, I did not receive the cue.

I have tried to contact him/her via PM and email, but have received no response. I asked for shipping/tracking information, and received no response, even though he/she was logged on after I sent the PM. I asked for the same information via e-mail, and have received no response.

I asked that, if the cue had not/would not be shipped, simply refund my payment. That has not happened, either.

A delay in shipping can sometimes occur, for a variety of reasons, but there is no reason not to respond to inquiries.

The Paypal payment went to an individual identified as Sandy Thompson, if anyone knows that person.

Joe

Sounds like it might be time for a charge-back. So sorry this happened to you Joe...not sure why these yahoos think they can continue to get away with this sort of thing...that we here on AZ fight back!

Lisa

rodcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
202   0   0
Joe, Sorry to hear about this. Is there a city and state available for us to do a little "research" on this person. Hope some AZB'er out there will be able to help.

Monto P2

Asia Billiards
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
With the paypal payment it would also show the shipping address.try and look into that.
You can always file a claim with paypal

Good luck joe

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I'm with Lisa. I would contact paypal and dispute the charges. If I do not feel comfortable with someone I have never dealt with before, I will use a credit card so that I have the ability to dispute the charge. I sent someone a payment in Italy once and they screwed me. I never received the item. Fortunately, I paid with the card; I called Visa and they credited me back. They asked for all communication between the individual and I and after that, it was on them to find him and prosecute.

I figure if you have to pay interest on your money, you might as well have them working to get it :).

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
928   0   0
With the paypal payment it would also show the shipping address.try and look into that.
You can always file a claim with paypal

Good luck joe

Monto,
Where can I find that information? When I try to find out more in the details, this is all it shows:

Sent to:
SANDY THOMPSON
Email:
drnorobbie@yahoo.com
Amount sent:
-$450.00 USD

Joe

Monto P2

Asia Billiards
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Monto,
Where can I find that information? When I try to find out more in the details, this is all it shows:

Sent to:
SANDY THOMPSON
Email:
drnorobbie@yahoo.com
Amount sent:
-$450.00 USD

Joe

Oh,
I am sorry if you recieve a payment you get the shipping address but when you send you dont. Sorry about that.

But you can surely file a claim with paypal telling them item was never shipped.

Thanks.

gwjackal

Paradigm Cue Sports
Silver Member
Rating - 95.7%
22   1   0
Joe, are you looking the info up on a mobile or a real computer, my mobile only shows limited info like that.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
File a claim with Paypal. We pay those outrageous fees, we should be able to get some help.

Dont sweat the small stuff.

Good luck,

Ken

iowa_player

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Red Rep For Sneakypete76

Joe sorry to hear that this has happened to you my friend !
I went and turned Sneakypete76's rep all RED so no others
will deal with him . When and if he pays you I will make
him GREEN again !

Good luck my friend !!!

Larry :)

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Sneakypete76

I really hope this works out Joe.
You're a great person to deal with and this stuff makes me crazy.

Sneakypete76 if you are reading this thread, there is still time to make it right, and keep your reputation positive.
This won't go away and there are a lot of relentless members savvied at dealing with these issues.
Either overnight the cue to Bama or initiate a refund.
It's very simple and if you need some help let us know.

Last edited:

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
928   0   0
I opened a Paypal dispute...we will see if I hear anything.

You guys are really good on the e-detective stuff...thanks. I will certainly pay the $14.95 to get the info if I can't get it from Paypal. I believe they will provide it if I have to escalate the Dispute to a Claim.

Hopefully, I will hear something and either receive the cue or a refund. As I said, I fully understand that things can delay shipment, etc, but I don't understand the unwillingness to respond to me.

Joe

Petros Andrikop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
There is nothing new to add about Joe, everybody here knows he has a more than perfect reputation.
I only have a question: Joe (with your experience), why did you send payment to a guy with 0 itrader? Did someone else guarantee for him? If there is a 3rd party he/she should be asked about it..
Anyway, hope you get your money back or even the guy comes back and resolves this..
Petros

tommie1351

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
436   0   0
Stupid

This is a Bad thing to happen to anyone, But this person must be SUPER STUPID to pull this on you ( The King of AZ) They really picked one there.Good Luck Joe, I have a feeling it will work out.

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
928   0   0
I only have a question: Joe (with your experience), why did you send payment to a guy with 0 itrader?
Petros

Good question, Petros. I just trusted my instincts that the person was legit. I had some PM conversation before doing the transaction, and, based on the PMs, I truly felt that everything was on the "up and up". I knew they had a "0" iTrader rating, but we all did at one point, and I guess I am the trusting sort.

I still hope this is just a mistake and is rectified.
Joe