Biggest spot you gave or received.......

sokaiba

1-Pocket Addict
Silver Member
What was the biggest spot you gave or were given, and what happened?
I was at a local room one night and this local guy kept woofin that he wanted to play me (he doesn't gamble or I would be rich) and was gonna beat me. So we started playing some one pocket even, which I won 8-0, 8-1, 8-0 in about 10 minutes time and he's still woofin that he should be spotting me and this and that. I told him I would beat him playing 13-3 for whatever he had in his pockets, he declined, but said there was no way in hell I would even get to 4. He lasted 2 games, losing 13-2, 13-1 and walked away still woofing that he should be spotting me. Everyone on the tables next to us were dieing with laughter. To this day he still wants to spot me but won't play for a cent.

#Cruncher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The biggest spot I ever got was the 4 and the breaks from a pro. I won the set. :eek: I won't say how I did with the 5 and the breaks though :(

The biggest spot I've ever given was the 5 and the breaks to an 11 year old kid. Races to 5 for $5. His dad (a friend of mine) was staking him so the kid could get some seasoning. I was one set winner.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I got my nuts drilled by SVB getting the 5 out on his home table. It was then that I realized that it doesn't matter what spot you get if you never get to use it.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was at a local room one night and this local guy kept woofin that he wanted to play me (he doesn't gamble or I would be rich) and was gonna beat me. So we started playing some one pocket even, which I won 8-0, 8-1, 8-0 in about 10 minutes time and he's still woofin that he should be spotting me and this and that. I told him I would beat him playing 13-3 for whatever he had in his pockets, he declined, but said there was no way in hell I would even get to 4. He lasted 2 games, losing 13-2, 13-1 and walked away still woofing that he should be spotting me. Everyone on the tables next to us were dieing with laughter. To this day he still wants to spot me but won't play for a cent.
Joe Salizar (sp) gave me the 3 & 5 and took the break on a bar table. As it turned out he could have given me anything. I shot once in 2 sets of race to 7. I know, why did I play the second set.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
I've played one pocket 90-2 and lost 88-2 and given b/t 20-45 to 5 quite a few times....but very weak players of course.....actually the 90-2 game was the only super weighted one pocket game i've lost

now I happened to play one of the locals last night....I'm not sure if he's a 4 or a 5 but not very good at all....We raced to 10 last night and I gave him all the breaks and the call 5 out.

I won 10-9......was a friggin close one.

He is now my slave for all eternity lol.....

I've never seen anyone give the rainbow but I've seen a guy get all the breaks and give up the 1,3,5,7......he would close break and play safe off the push and run out or safe when he needed.....was for 100 a rack and I think the opponent (guy receiving weight) lost about a thousand.

The most weight I've ever given in a rated tourney was playing as a 10 in joplin,mo and I had to play a 2sp ! Race was 10-2 and I won 10-1.....had me sweating too.

I've given the 3 hole quite a few times in golf also.

The most weight I ever got was the 7 out in 9 ball, and 10-6 in one pocket when I first started playing the game not many months later i robbed him with 10-8

-Grey Ghost-

Last edited:

aldavis33

Registered
I got the last 7 from a Pro after he just lost at the track and said he had to bet his last 50. He broke, made 2 and scratched. I made a ball and won.
Get Some!!

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
The most I've seen was the 3-out & breaks between a local pro & a local (high C/low B) player. The amateur was slaughtered.

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
I've been given 75 points in a snooker game .... against a Canadian champion ... and I don't play the game. He ran 104 iirc .... covered the spot easily :eek:

Dave

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

there's no way in hell you should have gotten in the box with that guy for free. if he's going to talk that kinda trash he's gotta bet something. sounds like you wasted your time

i got the 7 out from some guy in san diego years ago. actually i got the 7 out from some guy a few blocks from me. i got run over both times

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've given lots of folks 5 balls in 8-Ball & I get the Breaks. Most will race you to the table for this hustle.

I once gave a guy the Orange Crush with 2:1 money, the stipulation was that he couldn't hit a rail. Another hustle.

I've given the 7,8 & 9 only once... it was too nerve-rackin' for me... the guy was a good 5 Speed & loved cheezin' the pay-ball....

Gutz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what it mean

So can someone explain to me what it means when its "7 out" or "7 and out" or "I'll give you the 7"

BREEZY B

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got the call 7 Free 8 and the breaks playing 9 ball. 2to1 on the money, His 160 to my 80. I won 7-2 or 3 cant remember

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
I got the break, ball in hand 5 out playing 10 ball from a local open player.
Break ball in hand in 8ball from same guy. Won both easy.

Last pocket 8ball, I got breaks and he had to bank his last pocket. Won

Got 11-4 one pocket from and A player. Lost

I'm bad... But get myself in good games.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
The most I've given,

14.1 - a 90 point start in 100 point game. I won 100-98

Snooker - 70 point start. I won 113 - 82

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not the biggest but resulted a nice score.
i gave up the 4-5-6 and the break playing 6 ball on a 4 ft X * ft table several years ago for $2500 per game. i came out 24 games ahead!!

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not the biggest but resulted a nice score.
i gave up the 4-5-6 and the break playing 6 ball on a 4 ft X * ft table several years ago for $2500 per game. i came out 24 games ahead!!

Maybe not the biggest but certainly the biggest eye opener here. Whoa!!
I was going to post but decided not to after your post.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ive been given the last 4 in 9 ball, from Bob Dickerson. His wife, Christy often gave me 1 game going to 3 in 9 ball.

Ken

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
on a barbox I used to give pigeonsthe spot in 8-ball that all their balls had to be pocketed (after I pocketed mine) before I could shoot the 8-ball. :grin-devilish: