TAR 21: Pagulayan vs Van Boening. THE REMATCH !!!

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can do it, lol

It would be fun, I would love to sit in with Billy I one of these days.

"CaliRed".

High Def Videos!!!
Silver Member
I can do it, lol

It would be fun, I would love to sit in with Billy I one of these days.

hey.. no hacks for the "big one":D:p

you did fine last time, but we're just regular people, for a match of this magnitude, hopefully we can get the pros in there. ;)

You pro commentators... go easy on Justin!! I know you guys have donated and helped out more then enough already... but go easy on him.. he's got to be able to buy the 5.99 buffets for a week, after it's all said and done.:smile:

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hey.. no hacks for the "big one":D:p

you did fine last time, but we're just regular people, for a match of this magnitude, hopefully we can get the pros in there. ;)

You pro commentators... go easy on Justin!! I know you guys have donated and helped out more then enough already... but go easy on him.. he's got to be able to buy the 5.99 buffets for a week, after it's all said and done.:smile:

I am sure you know I was kidding, but it would be fun and I wouldn't say NO. talk about the best seat in the house.

"CaliRed".

High Def Videos!!!
Silver Member
I am sure you know I was kidding, but it would be fun and I wouldn't say NO. talk about the best seat in the house.

I was just busting your chops ;smile :smile:

No kidding, I'd would LOVE to come there and hang out for 3 days and watch these guys. What a blast that would be!

DippyD

Banned
billy and a stripper from the rhino in the both would be the best, then we could how good of judgment billy has and his ball pocketing skills,

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
billy and a stripper from the rhino in the both would be the best, then we could how good of judgment billy has and his ball pocketing skills,

Sunday night after the match ends someone is gonna end up at the rhino making bad decisions. Even if I have to do it myself.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Sunday night after the match ends someone is gonna end up at the rhino making bad decisions. Even if I have to do it myself.

Too bad I'll be at the Klatt/meat hooks wedding and I cant be your wing man.

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tar #21

Cleary-

Me thinks you should stream klatt/Rousey wedding- you could use it as intermission material when Svb and alex take their breaks!

That way the show is still 'pool related' and the paying public could get a glimpse of being in 'the zone'.

Everyone really does wish them both a lot of happiness.

Mark griffin

paksat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe schmidt will come down and help on the commentating. Not sure if he has something going on at his pool hall that week but if he doesn't.. what a great guy to listen to.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I just don't agree that Shane was trapped. I think Shane just fell apart under Earl's great play.

This is probably the bottom line.

Earl...when he's rollin' only jaws balls, he nevers misses, they just spit out. I matched up and played him 4 sets to 11 in the late 70's in s. cal, and to this day I've never seen someone swing the cue so straight/powerful at high speeds, his raw pocketing power of extremely difficult shots stood alone, he like Efren is a naturally born pool player. I trapped him on a damp/dirty GC II with tight pockets and 2 shot roll out. I knew what could and couldn't be made on this table and I beat em solidly by always giving him just enough bait that he would go for the shot, all the while, knowing the limitations of the conditions of what wouldn't and what would spit out, that was the difference, table management. A dry table, it could easily have been a different story.

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe schmidt will come down and help on the commentating. Not sure if he has something going on at his pool hall that week but if he doesn't.. what a great guy to listen to.

Nevermind, not the time or place

Last edited:

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Cleary-

Me thinks you should stream klatt/Rousey wedding- you could use it as intermission material when Svb and alex take their breaks!

That way the show is still 'pool related' and the paying public could get a glimpse of being in 'the zone'.

Everyone really does wish them both a lot of happiness.

Mark griffin

HAHAHA I'll have a bar to destroy that night so streaming the wedding might turn into a ppv of me passed out in the parking lot. Worth $15 to watch if you ask me.

HereWeGo

♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫♬·¯·♩
Silver Member
If it is anything like the "fish hook" night in Vegas, $15 is way under priced.

HAHAHA I'll have a bar to destroy that night so streaming the wedding might turn into a ppv of me passed out in the parking lot. Worth $15 to watch if you ask me.

gromulan

Reality police
Silver Member

Schmidt is really good, so is Shannon. I always like it when they get a good player in the booth who is also articulate and has some character, plus maybe someone who can offer some insight that you haven't necessarily heard before. Grady and Billy are great, of course, as is Jay, but it's also nice to get some fresh perspective once in a while.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jay this is one of the few times I ever disagree with you. Oscar won that match simply by controlling it 100%. The table played a huge factor obviously, but Oscar outplayed John by a large margin.

It was a figure of speech when I said the table won, although I also made that comment while doing commentary. It just seemed appropriate seeing how both players were struggling with the conditions. Oscar won that match using his head and playing better safeties. There were few (maybe two or three) run-outs in over 160 games of pool on that super tight box. Alex and Shane are at another level (the highest in pool today), but they will both miss balls and play more safes. That you can count on. They will also run some racks, but it will be a feat and require precision play from start to finish. Bottom line -This will be a real test!

Donkey Puncher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why is everyone acting like 4 1/8" is the pinnacle of difficulty?

I am sure that Shane would rather play on this table than a 10 footer. Besides, 4 1/8" aint that damn tight. If it "plays" right (ie. the face of the openings of the pockets don't shoot out balls that are struck with speed) they won't even be affected by the pockets all that much.

I will bet $20 sweat with whomever said there will not be a 3 pack (Might've been Jay).

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nice!! Should be an epic encounter.

Joe, if you have a break in your schedule, come on over to Vegas and do a little commentary with me. That would be a blast! Not many pool fans know that you can do some some pretty good pool commentary.

Big J (Justin) is often overlooked and way underrated for his excellent commentary skills. He has a nice mix of humor and insight that is delivered in a congenial fashion. His timing is spotless as well and that can't be taught. I've had the pleasure to work with many good commentators and I can say that we have an abundance of talent in the pool industry.

Last edited: