Who Won the Red Shoes Bank Tourney?

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Watched as much of the stream as I could but it was just too choppy. Anyone know who won?

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
CaliRed reports on Onepocket.org that Mr. Brumback won... imagine that!!!!

That is a great win for John on the Chi-town boy's home turf. Congrats John!

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went down last night till about 11:30 and it was a blast. The surprise of the event to me and my friend Bob was watching 18 year old Eric Hinks!! He played fantastic and was totally fearless on the table. Really good showing by a young and very talented player..

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I wish Jason Miller would come out of retirement. He's a good challenger for John.

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats John. Not surprising you took them down.

I tried to watch for a couple hours last night and the fees was unbearable. I know it wasn't their fault, but it was so choppy I couldn't even tell what was happening.

I hope they put up the recorded matches soon. I would love to see some of the later round match ups.

Red Shoes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of course COMCAST straightened everything out late...after most everybody stopped watching. The matches are archived.

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Red shoes bank event

Of course COMCAST straightened everything out late...after most everybody stopped watching. The matches are archived.

We always have problems with anything to do with comcast. It seems they 'throttle down' a feed to where it gets real choppy - which they will deny.
We cannot emails anything to a comcast address. They have blocked us as spam or whatever.

There are many in our same position and there is some kind of complaint or reporting page - it has numerous similar stories.

But they will not respond or resolve. I suggest finding another company to do business with.

Mark griffin

yobagua

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While we got Mark Griffin on this thread Id like to ask a question. Isnt it about time there was a full rack bank contest at the Derby? I know there is the Ring Game but it would sure be nice to have a full rack bank tournament.
The 9 ball banks doesnt show the intricacies of the full rack game and there is so much quality bank players now.
Its right in the middle of Bank country and would be a nice addition to the event.

The Chinchilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While we got Mark Griffin on this thread Id like to ask a question. Isnt it about time there was a full rack bank contest at the Derby? I know there is the Ring Game but it would sure be nice to have a full rack bank tournament.
The 9 ball banks doesnt show the intricacies of the full rack game and there is so much quality bank players now.
Its right in the middle of Bank country and would be a nice addition to the event.

Nice post.

Can anybody direct me to some good online bank pool? It doesn't have to be live, just anything with great bankers. Thanks.

J-Flo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was a great time

I was lucky enough to be there. It was amaizing watching J.B almost run a full rack in his first match. THe match against Mr Redshoes him self John Zaksas was a great one as well with a lot of safty play till JB finlly broke out of a one ball lead and then took charge and finished him off. Piggy banks and JB put on an exibition like no other, this was my favorite match. Great time was had by all. cant wait till the next one.

curlyscues

we're watching
Silver Member
due to the problems we had trying to do the stream we could not archive them while streaming. we will try and get them up as soon as we can and will be posting when they are up.

these will all have to be done in real time and we may run some as a rebroadcast as we do some of them.

archive link is: http://www.ustream.tv/user/Mi_Billiards/videos

we are sorry things did not go more smoothly, it was not due to anything relating to the venue. red shoes is a great place and have treated us well and had done all they could to provide us with anything we needed of asked for.

for those that have some technical knowledge we had a nice upload rate of around 3 mg or so to start and after about half an hour of being online it dropped to 1.2. shortly after that it started going up and down between around 0.78 and as low as 0.16. we kept thing going as best we could by dropping the feed rate down as far as we could (down to 196) for most of the remaining night.

i do hope that this does not detract from a great event with great players that was run very well.

M.C.

Last edited:
Reactions: sde

John Brumback

Silver Member
Thanks alot

Just wanted to give my thanks to everyone for all the congrats.
It's very much appreciated.
It was a very good tourny.Good poolroom with alot of good friendly folks and good players.The owners are class acts.
I had a real good time and can't wait to go back.Thanks again,everybody.
John B.