From Grady

tanco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From his Facebook:

"My Daughter posted sensitive personal health information about me without my knowledge or consent. My doctor has never used the word "terminal" with me. I saw the word first on her post. I'm going through chemo, First three done, next three start Oct 27th. I had hoped to finish the 10 chemo treatments, then get a long term prognosis, maybe followed by rehab. Please don't call me, voice is shot. Don't have time or inclination to do E-mail.
Love and prayers will help
Love Grady"

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is very encouraging to hear.

Could well be your best escape ever! :smile: :thumbup: :smile:

Prayers and plenty of positivity sent your way, Grady.

Best,
Brian kc

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
From his Facebook:

"My Daughter posted sensitive personal health information about me without my knowledge or consent. My doctor has never used the word "terminal" with me. I saw the word first on her post. I'm going through chemo, First three done, next three start Oct 27th. I had hoped to finish the 10 chemo treatments, then get a long term prognosis, maybe followed by rehab. Please don't call me, voice is shot. Don't have time or inclination to do E-mail.
Love Grady"

This makes me feel a little better.
You've been in tough spots before, Grady.
Fight bravely, like you always do

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My brother went through chemo a year or so ago, and he is now one healthy man. I've never seen him happier, in fact. He's soaking up the sun in good ol' California, loving all of California's amenities. :grin:

Keep up the good fight and I hope you kick this, Grady. You are strong and can do it.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
It ain't terminal till you're done.

If you're still fighting, then it ain't terminal.

Keep up the good fight, and realize that you are in many, many peoples prayers now. All my (our) best to you, Grady!

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Grady...That's a LOT better news...even though the Big C is crappy news for anybody. You're one "tough ole fart" and can beat this thing! :D One thing you already know for sure...everybody here is pulling for your recovery! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
Your daughter had the best of intentions, Grady. The end result is your friends in the pool world expressed their appreciation for what you've done for our sport, their admiration for your accomplishments, and their love for you as a person. You need to be reminded of how much you mean to us...particularly right about now!

...and there's no reason you need to fight alone.

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
Grady

I wish you the best Grady and one thing I found out when I had my health problem and that is to "Keep a positive attitude". I don't know how it helps, but it does.

I feel like I know you personally since I've listened to you so much on Accu-stats and I always enjoyed hearing your comments and knowledge about pool. I'm sure your daughter only had the best intentions when she posted information about you.

James

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Grady,
Glad to hear we aren't about to lose you yet! Good luck with the chemo, you'll be in my thoughts.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Never count Grady Mathews out, its still his shot...a favorite to win while he's at the table !!!!! keep the prayers coming

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thats the spirit Grady,its not terminal,its not shit until you say it is,cancer dont have u,u have cancer,now fight it off and take full control of your body and grab this bastard by the horns and let em have it and maybe it will think twice before it fs with you again!

powerlineman80

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree don't be too mad at her as I'm sure she meant well. Sometimes you hear the word "cancer" and people always think of death, that's not always the case in life though. I can't stress enough keeping a good head and good mind in fighting this as that is MOST IMPORTANT. Like others said bringing it public only gets you more prayers which is very important as well. God never gets mad at us for asking for prayers, as I've said many and asked for many and you can better believe I've had them answered.

Mr. Wiggles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Survivor!

From his Facebook:

Love Grady"

You are not alone my friend. Many have walked this path and are still plugging along. Mine was bladder cancer and no chemo for me. I don't know you, just of you. We belong to the same fraternity. The fraternity of pool players. We are diagnosed on Monday and we are survivors on Tuesday! And above all, your work is not done! There is a boatload of players that still need your expertise. My one pocket game has a long, long, long way to go. I may hit you up for some lessons someday so get well and get back on the green box. I and many others have and will again pray for your recovery.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
That's encouraging news Grady. Everybody at AZ and in the pool world is pulling for you pal.

know it all

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Grady

My precious close friend,this hurts me as much as you. If there is anything I can do for you ,call me friend . Rich aka the skunk.