One Pocket is so slow....

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
The last time I played 1-P, I brought a mirror with me.....

....that's cuz I'm watching my wait.

Jeff Livingston

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
One pocket is so slow.......
I know a cop who plays 1-hole....he gave a tortoise a speeding ticket...:eek:

Banks

Banned
This is a great thread, I like to catch up on it after each turn.

One pocket is so slow, payouts are adjusted for inflation.

One pocket is so slow, barking is done by registered mail.

Buckzapper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some old guys at our poolroom play one-pocket. Play is so slow, they all carry a couple changes of underwear.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
One pocket is so slow you bring a second pair of shoes in case you outgrow them.

One pocket is so slow players are required to wear a MedicAlert bracelet.

One pocket is so slow that when you cut a ball, you must factor in throw, skid, and erosion.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
One pocket is so slow that when you cut a ball, you must factor in throw, skid, and erosion.

This one ^ is my favorite, so far...it'll take some surpassing.:eek:

One pocket is so slow....
...a man elected to play a ball in....3 Presidents got elected first...
...the 3rd President was a Conservative...so he elected to play safe after-all.

And don't blame it on Bush...the President was Regan.

darmoose

Shutin@urhole is OVERATED
Silver Member
Slow, Schmo

Not being a 1P player, I'm not sure why these jokes just jumped into my mind yesterday. But here they are... Please add any of yours.

One Pocket is so slow....

...One time, I air-barreled $500 on a 1P game...

...I lost but could cover the bet because by then my Social Security had kicked-in!

Jeff Livingston

Perhaps because they have difficulty comprehending a game that lasts more than a minute or two and doesn"t allow for banging all the pretty colored balls allover the table, seems many speedballers avoid the more difficult game of one pocket in favor of the far simpler games, claiming a need for speed.

I wonder if they ever notice that almost all the great players eventually evolve to include one pocket in thier dossier, if not adopt one pocket as their choice of games.

:D

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
FTR while I am not a big fan of one pocket I do acknowledge the skill involved and respect the game however...

One pocket is so slow by the time the game is over science and technology would have advanced so much you could literally hit a ball at warp speed. #gradyism

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
:boring2: :boring: :boring2: :boring: ....... huh ?? what? ...... oh
its my turn. ok.

One pocket is so slow.....

That Uranium is no longer radioactive.

Carmakers are already introducing the new model year

The coin slot-needs to be wire-brushed before you can start a new game.

Hell froze over before the match ended.

Justin Beeber got an AARP card.

I like the game, but can only tolerate it with a few ppl that know how to play,......... and even then :boring:

Seriously, itsa good game most of the time. :smile:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Perhaps because they have difficulty comprehending a game that lasts more than a minute or two and doesn"t allow for banging all the pretty colored balls allover the table, seems many speedballers avoid the more difficult game of one pocket in favor of the far simpler games, claiming a need for speed.

I wonder if they ever notice that almost all the great players eventually evolve to include one pocket in thier dossier, if not adopt one pocket as their choice of games.

One pocket is so slow.....
...Darmoose made this post standing up for 1-hole in January 2010...
...it just came in now...

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member

Hey bro, sorry for the confusion, this is actually the thread for people with a sense of humor about it! I can totally see how you might mistake it for the thread where we take slowness complaints dead serious and try to address them and defend 1p. That thread is like right next door to this one.

flyvirginiaguy

Classic Cue Lover
Silver Member
You must not be able to play 1P, or it wouldn't be so slow if you knew what you were doing.
And I never heard any of the saying your saying.--Smitty

Having been around Grady quite a few times, one thing I noticed about one pocket is if you are playing one pocket fast:
1) Your opponent is not playing correctly and leaving you an out.
Or
2) You are not playing correctly and leaving your opponent an out.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member

(snip)

1P is so slow it takes a long time to finish a game, but not as long as it takes to explain the superiority of it.

Jeff Livingston