US Open 9-ball updates thread..

JC

Coos Cues
Or you could look at the live scoring 🤷‍♂️
What if I just want to watch the match and not find some other site to see the score?

There are always work arounds.

A simple flip scoreboard in the background would be a huge upgrade to the actual match being presented by matchroom is all I"m saying.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No shit it was before his backswing. Did you even read my post?

And it really doesn't matter if he's heard applause before during his shots. It got him this time, especially given the stakes and the pressure. He should have stood up and reset when he heard it and he didn't. He was nervous and excited and something broke his concentration. Occam's razor suggests it was the sound of people clapping one second before he missed a ball that he's 99.999% to make.

lol okay these guys are champions and aren't going to get rattled by some clapping.

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One thing you need to sell to large companies is a professional product. The TV arena and production values are great. For someone like Rolex or BMW to invest millions of dollars like they do in the PGA, they need to see a well represented product. As much as I like the event, Derby City would never make it. Something like this? Now that has a chance. Gotta build up the viewer numbers as well. Why spend millions of dollars on a sports event that draws 2000 viewers? Crack 100,000 first.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What if I just want to watch the match and not find some other site to see the score?

There are always work arounds.

A simple flip scoreboard in the background would be a huge upgrade to the actual match being presented by matchroom is all I"m saying.
This is our own workaround below. What is so difficult about that? Why even talk about asking Matchroom to do put scoreboard? They may send you a bill for manpower cost :ROFLMAO: Folks watching are already happy that Matchroom offering free Youtube channel

yt score.JPG

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One thing you need to sell to large companies is a professional product. The TV arena and production values are great. For someone like Rolex or BMW to invest millions of dollars like they do in the PGA, they need to see a well represented product. As much as I like the event, Derby City would never make it. Something like this? Now that has a chance. Gotta build up the viewer numbers as well. Why spend millions of dollars on a sports event that draws 2000 viewers? Crack 100,000 first.
Yes because of their quality product , Matchroom is only promoter that can sell pool content to TV/cable companies like Sky, Dazn

kkdanamatt

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes because of their quality product , Matchroom is only promoter that can sell pool content to TV/cable companies like Sky, Dazn
Not true. Accu-Stats has also sold their content to Sky in the past. May not be true for the future.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most players play in bars. Young people are not taking up the game. When I was a kid I played in a pool room there must have 20 kids who played every day.

Most thought they would be road players. We used to travel to other pool rooms matching up with their players. It was a different time. Kids don't care about pool today. That is just a reality.
No bars around me have pool tables. Same as when I was growing up.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No shit it was before his backswing. Did you even read my post?

And it really doesn't matter if he's heard applause before during his shots. It got him this time, especially given the stakes and the pressure. He should have stood up and reset when he heard it and he didn't. He was nervous and excited and something broke his concentration. Occam's razor suggests it was the sound of people clapping one second before he missed a ball that he's 99.999% to make.

It happens to everyone.

I’m usually pretty good about standing up if I hear a distraction but no one is 100%. The other day in the pool room some old ficker’s phone, which has one of those door bell ringer sounds on his phone for calls — of course jacked up to 11 because he can’t ficken hear anymore, went off at what was the end of my 71 ball run.

I blame myself but did I feel like throttling him? : -)

Lou Figueroa

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yapp wins 11-6 and through to semifinals after scrappy start and some uncharacteristic misses and errors.
I think Geronimo is not Filipino as he was unimpressive. Yapp gave him many chances but he did not capitalise :D
This will be Yapp 2nd consecutive semi in a major after World 10 Ball few weeks ago.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Yapp wins 11-6 and through to semifinals after scrappy start and some uncharacteristic misses and errors.
I think Geronimo is not Filipino as he was unimpressive. Yapp gave him many chances but he did not capitalise :D
This will be Yapp 2nd consecutive semi in a major after World 10 Ball few weeks ago.
Geronimo did as good as Shane.
Ouch!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
6 out of final 8 are Asians…and that’s with almost no Taiwanese or Chinese … what’s up with the decline in the Caucasian pool scene? Entire occidental world needs to get off the bar tables!
Stop blaming the bar tables for the Americans not having the skills to make it to the finals, the blaming falls directly on the gambling side of American pool, where all you have to be is better than the person you're gambling with and NOT practicing to take on the worlds best, where you don't get do overs, or multiple races to come out the winner!!

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Glen I'm curious, are you watching the Dazn stream? If so, what do you think they are doing right, and what do you think they are doing wrong? How will your Netflix broadcast compare? What will you do similar? What will you do differently?

something_pool

Registered
Stop blaming the bar tables for the Americans not having the skills to make it to the finals, the blaming falls directly on the gambling side of American pool, where all you have to be is better than the person you're gambling with and NOT practicing to take on the worlds best, where you don't get do overs, or multiple races to come out the winner!!
What evidence do you have that gambling is what's holding back American pros? And if gambling is so bad for your game, how do you explain why players like Dennis Orcollo, Chang Jung Lin, Carlo Biado, etc, are so dominant?