US Open 9-ball updates thread..

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What was Kevin Cheng's Fargo before winning the USO? Why was it a shocker he won it ?
His Fargo was I think around 770-780 then (Note that highest Fargorate then was about 10 to 15 points low around 810-815. He was weakest of the Taiwanese contingent not even top 5 then. Winning US Open was confidence booster and his performance went up after that. :D

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are ~5800 watching free on YouTube worldwide

I wonder how many people are paying to watch?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
What evidence do you have that gambling is what's holding back American pros? And if gambling is so bad for your game, how do you explain why players like Dennis Orcollo, Chang Jung Lin, Carlo Biado, etc, are so dominant?
Counter question for you, why has SVB been the ONLY American Professional pool player to reach the final 16 in the US Open since he won it last in 2016??

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Hey Glen I'm curious, are you watching the Dazn stream? If so, what do you think they are doing right, and what do you think they are doing wrong? How will your Netflix broadcast compare? What will you do similar? What will you do differently?
Not posting that information here, call me if you want some insight 702-927-5689

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Oi kicks in a dead 1-9 to go up 3-2. Even Fedor cracked a bit of a smile at the end of it.

something_pool

Registered
Counter question for you, why has SVB been the ONLY American Professional pool player to reach the final 16 in the US Open since he won it last in 2016??
SVB gambles as much as anyone. Not sure what point you think you're making here... Also I don't believe this is even true. Sky Woodward has made the final 16 in 2018 or thereabouts.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anal rules, Al?
These are the people that have produced many billiard millionaires.
...they don’t do bar rules
Their warning is a beep. Shane Van Boening is deaf. Just give the player an extension if he has one.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
SVB gambles as much as anyone. Not sure what point you think you're making here...
Shane also practices more than anyone, and when he does gamble, its against players that better than the rest of the American players, so he's not stealing anyone's money. When was the last time another American player play DO on a 9ft race to 120 twice, 9b and race to 100 playing 10b?

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The world is a smaller place now and travel is much more affordable. This contributes to having more foreign players l, which is a good thing IMO.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
How about we just don’t do any of that nonsense.
How about we just don't believe in myths, I've been working on pool tables now for over 39 years, and in ALL those years, have never seen cloth damage from tapping the balls to keep them in place, and I'm talking about working on 1,000's of pool tables!!!

Woof Biscuit

and gravy
Silver Member
How about we just don't believe in myths, I've been working on pool tables now for over 39 years, and in ALL those years, have never seen cloth damage from tapping the balls to keep them in place, and I'm talking about working on 1,000's of pool tables!!!
Whatever dude. In all of those years, plus the years you’ve been alive, you’ve never been wrong.

middleofnowhere

Registered
Average income in the Philippines is around $3000. A year. Pool is worth doing.
In the US pool is a waste of time as a profession. That's is the actual answer.

Pool is fun for a pro when he's young and irresponsible, but once they get a little bit older they start pursuing something that's actually worthwhile and pool falls to the wayside. Some like Nick Varner own businesses that are pool related or pool rooms, but the actual playing of pool become secondary.