BREAKING NEWS: 8/28 Wed 9am, Archer on Today Show with Brooke Shields and Al Roker

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From Johnny Archer's Facebook Fan page:

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!! Its to have a bigger announcement than Buddy Hall being announced as my Co-Captain at this year's Mosconi Cup. BUT, here goes!! I am going to be on the Today Show live at 9am this coming wednesday. I get to be on the show with Brooke Shields (Guys eat your heart out). This is what pool needed for a long time. Being on a network channel like NBC is very good exposure. This is what pool needs to go to the next level. I will be having Brooke shoot a shot and i know already what shot it is. It will be very funny. You will have to watch it to see!! I will have Al Roker to shoot a shot, too. Then they want me to shoot the BEST shot ever seen on TV. I have to come up with the shot. I only get one chance to make it cause its LIVE. I am so nervous that i don't know if i am going to be able to hold the cue. I will do the BEST that i can. I hope that i don't embarrass the pool world. This is an EXCITING time for pool. Pool is the Big winner here. I need ALL the support and prayers that i can get. I need all of you to send me suggestions on which shot i should shoot. CONGRATULATIONS to the pool world!! God Bless you!! Johnny 'Scorpion' Archer

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
As long as Matt Lauer and Paula Dean aren't on, I'm in! ;)

Seriously though, that's fabulous news. So cool they're actually bringing out a pool table for this. This promises to be funny as hell when Brooke and Al get to shoot.

I wonder if Johnny's one "best ever" shot should be a trick shot of sorts... I don't think his one live shot should be Efren's infamous zig zag shot, lol.

Way to go Johnny and pool!

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
thanks for the newsbreak, JAM!

except it sucks, cause we boycott the Today Show, since Paula Dean. unless Johnny will crack Matt Lauer w/ my cue!

question - why is this posted on FB, and not on AZB????

again, thanks. i guess this is going to be

THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

liakos

Banned
Thanks jam:) hopefully the greatest game on earth will finally see the spotlight:) JA definitely can handle that:) I've had a couple conversations with him in person and whatever the personal drama he has going on, I know he's got what it takes to leave that behind and focus on the task at hand!!!!

kuhnhound

Registered
That's should be awesome! The closest I've ben on TV, was my dog Halo shooting pool! I record it all though, and can't wait to see it! Why is it that espn just airs womens 9 ball once in a while? I want to see more of the top guys, that I look up to, play!

Reactions: JAM

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member
thanks for the newsbreak, JAM!

except it sucks, cause we boycott the Today Show, since Paula Dean. unless Johnny will crack Matt Lauer w/ my cue!

question - why is this posted on FB, and not on AZB????

again, thanks. i guess this is going to be

THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

I am TV illiterate. what does paula dean have to to with the today show?

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sweet. I hope it goes over well. Generally ehen on something like this the guest is plugging something. What can archer plug. Play pool. He needs to have some outlet to push for a pool event. I guess it is mosconi cup but if it aint live and scheduled how do viewers go to the next step

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sweet. I hope it goes over well. Generally ehen on something like this the guest is plugging something. What can archer plug. Play pool. He needs to have some outlet to push for a pool event. I guess it is mosconi cup but if it aint live and scheduled how do viewers go to the next step

Well maybe he can get all the stay at home Moms , Dads , and the unemployed interested in pool , the rest of us will be working :eek:

HereWeGo

♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫♬·¯·♩
Silver Member
It would be great if one of the hosts asked a legitimate question. Something like - Where was the ABP's presence during the Bonus Ball situation? That would be something to watch.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
It would be good for pool if he was showing how to runout a rack 8 or 9 ball. A few basic trickshots...not so much. Johnnyt

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
It would be good for pool if he was showing how to runout a rack 8 or 9 ball. A few basic trickshots...not so much. Johnnyt

Yeah but, JA clearly states he only gets one shot and he has to make it.

So what shot will be the right one that will make the most impact???

A bank shot? I think not.

A combination? I think not.

A trick shot IMO - as against our AZB collective soul it may be - is worthy of consideration. THOUGHTS my fellow furry friends???

Mickey Qualls

You study the watch......
Silver Member
Personally, after the texting/Dechaine drama, I think Archer could have gone a long way announcing the Today show appearance himself. In a thread with a poll regarding which trick shot to shoot...

Mickey <--- Yeah, I would have voted for Steve Mizerak's "Just Showin' Off" shots...

MizLead.jpg

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
What's NOT said is often just as, or more, important than what is said.

If BB is not mentioned, well...draw your own conclusions.

J

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know if this show will be aired at 9am EST?? The only way it could be better is if Brooke could be coached by Eva!!!