NO Match for Harriman/Schmidt

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member
Mark said Kimberly's sun dress was unbecoming to her hair color. Kim said Mark's Hawaiin shirt didn't match his bermuda shorts.

How about we all just go to the enema store and start fresh? :eek:

Given how long you & I have been on AZB, I think we both know there's about 0% chance of that happening.:frown:

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It seems to me if these two players were excited about playing each other it would happen one way or another. The problem isn't all the personal drama being interjected into this, the problem is these two guys don't care much for each other and for that reason don't want to play very bad.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No Neil. You've got it wrong. If it comes to it, the process is to inform AZ billiards that there will be pending action against one of their posters. If it becomes necessary, we will require their information by court order. There will be nothing against AZ. But as usual, you assume the worst of me.

This has gone way beyond a conversation.

Somebody has to stand up to the utter garbage that has been posted in this thread and if you folks are going to attack me for doing that then make sure you have your facts straight.

Any other miscues while you're at it, Neil?

Not a miscue at all. We go buy what is written on here. The fact that what you mean to say, and what you do say, is a miscue on YOUR part. OR, you are just backpedaling now that you realize how deep you have stepped in it. Why get AZB involved with a lawyer when all you have to do is p.m. someone for their real name? Especially when they say that they will return in kind. If they don't give it to you, then p.m. Mike with your questions. No need whatsoever for the threats.

And, you are right, there are people standing up for the utter garbage posted in this thread. You just happen to be on a different side of viewing what actually is the garbage, and want to silence anyone that doesn't agree with you.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Not a miscue at all. We go buy what is written on here. The fact that what you mean to say, and what you do say, is a miscue on YOUR part. OR, you are just backpedaling now that you realize how deep you have stepped in it. Why get AZB involved with a lawyer when all you have to do is p.m. someone for their real name? Especially when they say that they will return in kind. If they don't give it to you, then p.m. Mike with your questions. No need whatsoever for the threats.

And, you are right, there are people standing up for the utter garbage posted in this thread. You just happen to be on a different side of viewing what actually is the garbage, and want to silence anyone that doesn't agree with you.

So simple and elegant, your post almost read lile a haiku.

Fran... if you're gonna send me a lawyer letter, pm me and I'll provide you with everything you need. I'd like to hang it up on my Christmas tree.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Given how long you & I have been on AZB, I think we both know there's about 0% chance of that happening.:frown:

Don't interject reality Tim, dammit! Or I'm going to take my Yo-Yo and go home! And tell your Daddy you put a knot in it!

(see how I spun that?)

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member

She can pound sand Neil.... It's not like its hard to know what my name is, hundreds of people here know it. I'm not hiding behind a screen name either, Saw is what most of the people that know me here call me face to face. If she PM's me it will go unanswered. If she PM's Mike for it, I hope he tells her to get a court order. She's an @sshat, plain and simple.

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member
Don't interject reality Tim, dammit! Or I'm going to take my Yo-Yo and go home! And tell your Daddy you put a knot in it!

(see how I spun that?)

Reality is where I do my best work. I'm not sure even AfterDisaster could save this burnt house. Best thing Kim can do at this point is just walk away and let us forget they exist.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Reality is where I do my best work. I'm not sure even AfterDisaster could save this burnt house. Best thing Kim can do at this point is just walk away and let us forget they exist.

I dunno my friend. I'm beginning to wonder if this hasn't been one of the best back door marketing plans ever. For the price of zero, Str8 has so far gotten over 31,000 views on this thread. And altho many of us had heard their name, most all of us didn't know anything more than "they work with juniors". What's that saying? Bad press is better than no press?

I think Mark needs a raise. Pure genius.

Str8 Shots

Kimberly Griffiths
Gold Member
Silver Member
There will be three posts from Kimberly. Here is the first.

This thread was started under the guidance of Mark Cantrill because of a match he put together against our wishes. I was unfamiliar with how the forums worked and how to communicate in them and so before I posted, Mark reviewed everything and said it would clear things up. I was only going to post a response in the original thread but Mark suggested that I create a new thread. We all know how that turned out. I know now that I did not have all of the facts before me when I started this thread and therefore things were not communicated to AZ members properly. For that I am entirely responsible and I apologize.

At NO time did Str8 Shots want to do this match. We informed our employees not to spend time trying to put on this match on. Marc and I were very clear from day one that this was not something that should be worked on. Mark Cantrill was not let go because of the Schmidt/Harriman match. While that match is not something that we wish to be involved in, we have encouraged both players to speak with Justin. John has been told that he is more than welcome to do the match. He will not be representing this company by wearing our logo’s at the event but he is more than welcome to do the TAR match.

I have apologized to Justin profusely for what took place. I understand this community coming to the defense of Justin at the time as it looked to everyone as if we were trying to swoop in and take something he had worked so hard to produce. I cannot speak to Mark’s intentions but I assure you that Marc and I never intended to harm TAR or Justin in anyway.

I apologize to the entire AZ community for any miscommunications on my part during this whole mess. I also apologize if I sounded condescending or rude, and for all the confusion that my post created. It was never my intent to create friction and my ignorance created a lot of problems that could have been avoided. For that I am truly sorry.

Kimberly Griffiths
(877) 921-9511
Kimberly@str8-shots.com

Str8 Shots

Kimberly Griffiths
Gold Member
Silver Member
I want to say that I find it commendable for all you of to defend Justin and Mark. They have both been a part of your community for a long time and are respected for their contributions over the years. I am an outsider and I understand the attacks. However that being said, I never wanted what we were doing with the kids or with anything else for that matter, to be posted. Mark Cantrill has known this as we have had several long discussions about it, as far back as March when he posted about our company. I never asked to be on the map, AZ, or anywhere else for that matter. We wanted to make a difference in our own little way and that is what we will continue to try to do.

Mark was not the marketing director. He was hired to work with team members and help with special events. He was also told he could do the Legends and Champions tours the way they had always been done but they were aside from Str8 Shots. Mark has never written a press release or been involved with any marketing aspect of this company.

Everyone involved with the situation that led to Mark’s termination, including Mark, is aware of why we came to the decision. Based on the facts we had before us, we felt that it was in our best interest to terminate Mark’s employment. Why Mark was let go is not something that I will share, and that was not even disclosed in my conversation with PINKLADY, as only Mark has the right to disclose that information. I did however share with PINKLADY some of the differences in the way I do things and the way Mark does things. I want to thank PINKLADY for reaching out to me. You are a gem!

There have been many issues and I will accept responsibility for them as I am in charge and at the end of the day the buck stops here. Marc and I do not wish Mark Cantrill any ill-will. Mark Cantrill has successfully produced tours and events for years. It became clear after recent events that it was just not possible for all of us to merge together. It was also made clear that we have different goals. We want Mark to be able to continue producing all the events and tours that he has in the past and we have told him that he is more than welcome to work with any of the players on the team. He will need to talk to them directly though.

Good Luck Mark!

Kimberly Griffiths
(877) 921-9511
Kimberly@str8-shots.com

Str8 Shots

Kimberly Griffiths
Gold Member
Silver Member
Third post from Kimberly

I want to say that my brother and I are very close and I am thankful every minute of every day to have him in my corner. He does not work for this company and I do not know everything that he has posted but I know that my brother is only trying to protect me. I have been through many things in life and he has always been there to see me through tough times and he tries to protect me from more harm.I think if each of us is lucky enough to have a person in our life that is willing to go to the ends of the earth for us then we are truly blessed. I know that he is one of the greatest blessings I have and that makes me happy. I know that some of you may not like what he said but at the end of the day I am at peace with all of it because I know he would never do anything to hurt me.

I know there are other people that have posted in support of me or our company. These people have spent time working with us and know what we are trying to do. I have not met many of these people in person and I apologize to each of them for the way they are being attacked. I would ask that all of you who have been trying to support us refrain from posting further because it breaks my heart that you are all being attacked for trying to defend me or the company. You are all respected by this community and I would hate to see relationships ruined over something that can never truly be explained in this forum.

I hope these posts will help clear things up but somehow I imagine that it will not. Unfortunately I cannot sit here for days on end answering questions. I have spent hours trying to hear what the different problems are and I hope that my answers have addressed some of them.

Kimberly Griffiths
(877) 921-9511
Kimberly@str8-shots.com

Mr Hoppe

Sawdust maker
Silver Member
Two grown men settling their differences with a contest on the pool table, to the delight of their fans everywhere. Now what's so bad about that???

All sports have their great rivalries, and that makes for some memorable and outstanding contests. Don't rob the fans of that opportunity. Their fans want to see the match, let it happen. Should Ali never have fought Frazier just because there was some smack talking going on beforehand?

I was never a 14.1 fan until I saw some of the other JS v DH matches, and they are fantastic! If TAR is still selling them, I recommend them to everyone.

Last edited:

RonnieOSullivan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First two posts are professional and understandable; I comprehend why Kim took the decisions to post the things that she did, and she explained herself maturely and professionally. Third post is a bit unprofessional though- if Kim's brother doesn't work for the company, it reflects badly on them that he is going around protecting his sister because they're family when this is a PR issue that a company is having.

This isn't the playground, it's not recess, and big bro shouldn't need to stand up to the bullies for his sis- that aspect of it comes off as immature and unprofessional, and undermines Kim herself; if she's a strong and resolute person, she should be able to handle it herself (and/or with an ombudsman at AZ Billiards that apparently had the idea to post this thread, which was a poor decision that only became a lightning rod).

dorabelle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought all three posts were very well done.. Kim thanks for showing us your a real person with real feelings, real goals, real family, and take real responsibility. Thanks for what you are doing with this sport.

At the end of the day if all this didn't happen ten of thousands for pool players and fans wouldn't know who you are. Now we do and we can support you. And it was all because of Dannys uniqueness. The world works in weird ways.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
I want to say that I find it commendable for all you of to defend Justin and Mark. They have both been a part of your community for a long time and are respected for their contributions over the years. I am an outsider and I understand the attacks. However that being said, I never wanted what we were doing with the kids or with anything else for that matter, to be posted. Mark Cantrill has known this as we have had several long discussions about it, as far back as March when he posted about our company. I never asked to be on the map, AZ, or anywhere else for that matter. We wanted to make a difference in our own little way and that is what we will continue to try to do.

Mark was not the marketing director. He was hired to work with team members and help with special events. He was also told he could do the Legends and Champions tours the way they had always been done but they were aside from Str8 Shots. Mark has never written a press release or been involved with any marketing aspect of this company.

Everyone involved with the situation that led to Mark’s termination, including Mark, is aware of why we came to the decision. Based on the facts we had before us, we felt that it was in our best interest to terminate Mark’s employment. Why Mark was let go is not something that I will share, and that was not even disclosed in my conversation with PINKLADY, as only Mark has the right to disclose that information. I did however share with PINKLADY some of the differences in the way I do things and the way Mark does things. I want to thank PINKLADY for reaching out to me. You are a gem!

There have been many issues and I will accept responsibility for them as I am in charge and at the end of the day the buck stops here. Marc and I do not wish Mark Cantrill any ill-will. Mark Cantrill has successfully produced tours and events for years. It became clear after recent events that it was just not possible for all of us to merge together. It was also made clear that we have different goals. We want Mark to be able to continue producing all the events and tours that he has in the past and we have told him that he is more than welcome to work with any of the players on the team. He will need to talk to them directly though.

Good Luck Mark!

Kimberly Griffiths
(877) 921-9511
Kimberly@str8-shots.com

I hope that this can be the end of it. I want to say a couple of things here and hope they clear the air a little.

IN this thread nor on the phone with many people latley I have not trashed Str8-shots. There is a good reason for this, from the beginning I have felt what they do is a great thing. They do a lot of things for pool and juniors.

I believe in a perfect world that Myself and Str8-shots could do some very special things together but as I have said before to Kimberly we are both type A personalities and maybe even a little hard headed. We have both always had control over things we have done, well at least for a long time and giving up control isn't always easy and is a transition that both must be comfortable with. There was a starting problem for both of us maybe. I also believe that we were all trying to do whatever was best for the greater cause but I know all about one thing and Str8-shots know all about another and trying to mingle the two seemed to turn into confusion for the most part.

Confusion and miscommunication has been at the root of most problems, I am happy to take my responsibility for the confusion and miscommunication. I was not always right either but at the end of the day we also had some things that came up that were not anything to do with us that caused us problems and although they were not our fault only added to the confusion and frustration.

The reason for my termination has been shared with a few people and AGAIN I have explained that I believe was simple miscommunication an I think it could have been overcome if it were on an individual basis but the past week of things here and there swelled up to the straw that broke the camel's back. I still believe that I did my best forStr8-shots and never intended to hurt, harm or cause problems for them. I truly appreciate what they do and I know that their heart is in the right place but just not a good mix for whatever reason.

I will move on and I REALLY wish both Marc and Kimberly success in the future and hope that one day we can get past all of this and maybe do some good in some way.

Thanks to all the people who have called me and sent me positive messages I really do appreciate your input and support.

P.S I have shared dinner, lunches and been welcomed into Marc an Kimberly Griffiths home a number of times and we have sat and laughed an had great conversations. Truly nice people and I am really saddened to have lost a good friendship from all of this. It was NEVER my intent.

Last edited:

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Well done by both Kimberly and Mark.

Mistakes were made, and owned up to. The high road was taken by both parties, and is to be commended.

I think we're done here. With any luck. Everyone that wants to keep on fighting, stand by, there'll be another opportunity rolling on by relatively soon. There always is around here. :p

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ahhh. .... I was wondering how taking a pee could get you banned.

JoeyA

It cant get you banned but it can get you caught !

Know how to catch a Polar Bear?

Go out on the ice and cut a nice big round hole...(big enough for the bear to fit thru)
Place some green peas in a circle around the hole.....
When the polar bear comes to take a pea, you kick him in the icehole