Back to Manila
Old
  (#1)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Back to Manila - 03-14-2010, 09:10 PM

Tomorrow I leave again for Manila. But this time there is no tournament or job that beckons me. It is because of my daughter that I'm going. Jalo is nine months old now, and it's come to my attention in the last few months, that she has not been as well cared for as I would like. Three weeks ago she nearly died from Bronchial Pneumonia. If she didn't have a parent (me) who could pay the hefty hospital bills she would not have received the care she did. Many other filipino babies might have perished in similar circumstances.

For me this trip is the start for making arrangements to bring her to the USA. My goal is to get her a US passport. I'm not sure how difficult that is going to be. One thing I do know is that I can't accomplish much over here. I have to go there to get something done. So that is what this trip is about. I love my little miracle child and I want the best for her. I could not live with myself if something happened to her and I wasn't there for her.

I hesitated until the last minute to write about this, although a few of you already know because I told you about the problems I was having. I'm not sure why I'm posting now other than to ask for your support, and if anyone who lives over there can help me I'm all ears. I just want to take care of Jalo. She is a helpless child who can't take care of herself. I owe her that much at least.

If all goes well, maybe I can hit a few poolrooms at night. Nothing would make me happier than to go to One Side in a celebratory mood. Right now my focus is somewhere else though. Pool will have to be on the back burner this trip. I do appreciate all the support I get from my AZ family.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Last edited by jay helfert; 03-14-2010 at 09:18 PM.

Old
  (#2)
Grilled Cheese
p.i.i.t.h.
Grilled Cheese has a reputation beyond reputeGrilled Cheese has a reputation beyond reputeGrilled Cheese has a reputation beyond reputeGrilled Cheese has a reputation beyond reputeGrilled Cheese has a reputation beyond reputeGrilled Cheese has a reputation beyond reputeGrilled Cheese has a reputation beyond reputeGrilled Cheese has a reputation beyond reputeGrilled Cheese has a reputation beyond reputeGrilled Cheese has a reputation beyond reputeGrilled Cheese has a reputation beyond repute

03-14-2010, 09:13 PM

God Bless you Jay. You're doing a great thing.

"It takes a lot of grilled cheese level players to build a pyramid for the Kobe Beef players to stand on." - JB

Old
  (#3)
mikeyfrost
Socially Aware
mikeyfrost has a reputation beyond reputemikeyfrost has a reputation beyond reputemikeyfrost has a reputation beyond reputemikeyfrost has a reputation beyond reputemikeyfrost has a reputation beyond reputemikeyfrost has a reputation beyond reputemikeyfrost has a reputation beyond reputemikeyfrost has a reputation beyond reputemikeyfrost has a reputation beyond reputemikeyfrost has a reputation beyond reputemikeyfrost has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25
  Send a message via AIM to mikeyfrost  
03-14-2010, 09:17 PM

Go get her Jay!

I ain't feeling the Bern and I'll never get Trumped. The Clintons had their chance with me but they're the reason my cousin is still locked up. - Nick Cannon

Lots of Prayers!
Old
  (#4)
eyoresnorz
AzB Silver Member
eyoresnorz has a reputation beyond reputeeyoresnorz has a reputation beyond reputeeyoresnorz has a reputation beyond reputeeyoresnorz has a reputation beyond reputeeyoresnorz has a reputation beyond reputeeyoresnorz has a reputation beyond reputeeyoresnorz has a reputation beyond reputeeyoresnorz has a reputation beyond reputeeyoresnorz has a reputation beyond reputeeyoresnorz has a reputation beyond reputeeyoresnorz has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Skype™ to eyoresnorz 
Lots of Prayers! - 03-14-2010, 09:18 PM

I'll be keeping you and your daughter in my prayers!

Old
  (#5)
crawfish
AzB Silver Member
crawfish has a reputation beyond reputecrawfish has a reputation beyond reputecrawfish has a reputation beyond reputecrawfish has a reputation beyond reputecrawfish has a reputation beyond reputecrawfish has a reputation beyond reputecrawfish has a reputation beyond reputecrawfish has a reputation beyond reputecrawfish has a reputation beyond reputecrawfish has a reputation beyond reputecrawfish has a reputation beyond repute

03-14-2010, 09:20 PM

Handle it, man. Go get things done right. Good luck, Jay.

"Yeah, they all have a gameplan 'til I hit'em in the face."

And I'm Still Sportin' McLovin

Old
  (#6)
DogsPlayingPool
"What's in your wallet?"
DogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond repute

03-14-2010, 09:22 PM

Be safe, Jay. Tickle the little bugger for us, and make her smile. Hope the whole immigration thing goes well.

"It's not enough that you just have talent, you gotta have character too." - Eddie Felson

Old
  (#7)
manwon
"WARLOCK 1"
manwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

03-14-2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
Tomorrow I leave again for Manila. But this time there is no tournament or job that beckons me. It is because of my daughter that I'm going. Jalo is nine months old now, and it's come to my attention in the last few months, that she has not been as well cared for as I would like. Three weeks ago she nearly died from Bronchial Pneumonia. If she didn't have a parent (me) who could pay the hefty hospital bills she would not have received the care she did. Many other filipino babies might have perished in similar circumstances.

For me this trip is the start for making arrangements to bring her to the USA. My goal is to get her a US passport. I'm not sure how difficult that is going to be. One thing I do know is that I can't accomplish much over here. I have to go there to get something done. So that is what this trip is about. I love my little miracle child and I want the best for her. I could not live with myself if something happened to her and I wasn't there for her.

I hesitated until the last minute to write about this, although a few of you already know because I told you about the problems I was having. I'm not sure why I'm posting now other than to ask for your support and if anyone who lives over there can help me I'm all ears. I just want to take care of Jalo. She is a helpless child who can't take care of herself. I owe her that much at least.

If all goes well, maybe I can hit a few poolrooms at night. Nothing would make me happier than to go to One Side in a celebratory mood. Right now my focus is somewhere else though. Pool will have to be on the back burner this trip. I appreciate all the support I get from my AZ family.
All you are going to need is a copy of her birth certificate stating that you are the father, then you go to the US Embassy. Now leaving the country with her is another story, but that should not be an issue if no one else contests you bringing her to the USA. I had a similar situation, my daughter was born in South Korea, and she was not Born in US Hospital facility because she came early. My wife and I had to go through some paper work at the US Embassy, but all in all it was not that difficult. By the way, only one parent has to be a US Citizen when the child is born, that alone gives the child status a US Citizen.

Hope this helps, god's speed and good luck.

Best Regards

"Warlock 1"

Craig W. Rittel

Old
  (#8)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

03-14-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwon View Post
All you are going to need is a copy of her birth certificate stating that you are the father, then you go to the US Embassy. Now leaving the country with her is another story, but that should not be an issue if no one else contests you bringing her to the USA. I had a similar situation, my daughter was born in South Korea, and she was not Born in US Hospital facility because she came early. My wife and I had to go through some paper work at the US Embassy, but all in all it was not that difficult. By the way, only one parent has to be a US Citizen when the child is born, that alone gives the child status a US Citizen.

Hope this helps, god's speed and good luck.
Thank you so much!

I have the original birth certificate, with me listed on it. It is registered with the Pasay City government as well. I also have all the paperwork from the U.S. Embassy to apply for her passport. And lots of other documents proving that I am the father. They actually want to check my passport to make sure I was in Manila nine months before Jalo was born.

I still need to get some passport photos taken and then stand in line at the Embassy. I pray all goes well. In Manila nothing is ever cut and dried. You always have to sweat it out. I'll camp out at the Embassy every day if that's what it takes.

Old
  (#9)
cuesmith
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!
cuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond reputecuesmith has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Yahoo to cuesmith  
03-14-2010, 09:46 PM

Quote:

I hesitated until the last minute to write about this, although a few of you already know because I told you about the problems I was having. I'm not sure why I'm posting now other than to ask for your support, and if anyone who lives over there can help me I'm all ears. I just want to take care of Jalo. She is a helpless child who can't take care of herself. I owe her that much at least.

If all goes well, maybe I can hit a few poolrooms at night. Nothing would make me happier than to go to One Side in a celebratory mood. Right now my focus is somewhere else though. Pool will have to be on the back burner this trip. I do appreciate all the support I get from my AZ family.
Jay,
I hope all goes well for you. I don't know the situation you're dealing with but I married a Filipina who had twin daughters that she left with her parents in Cagayan De Oro. I know that bringing them over at a later date was going to be quite a bit more difficult than I'd ever imagined. And most of it needed to be done from this end. You should talk to a good immigrations attorney who specializes in the Philippines. There's a good one in LA, (a Filipino who has offices in the US and Manila) can't remember his name right now but Jose once recommended him to me. PM or call me if you want. I've been through some of this myself and may be able to point you to some help.

just more hot air!

Sherm

Sherm Custom Billiard Cues
cuesmith@ymail.com
Sort of retired!

Old
  (#10)
3RAILKICK
AzB Gold Member
3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

03-14-2010, 09:50 PM

Best wishes, Jay and Jalo. Travel well.

Old
  (#11)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people

03-14-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuesmith View Post
Jay,
I hope all goes well for you. I don't know the situation you're dealing with but I married a Filipina who had twin daughters that she left with her parents in Cagayan De Oro. I know that bringing them over at a later date was going to be quite a bit more difficult than I'd ever imagined. And most of it needed to be done from this end. You should talk to a good immigrations attorney who specializes in the Philippines. There's a good one in LA, (a Filipino who has offices in the US and Manila) can't remember his name right now but Jose once recommended him to me. PM or call me if you want. I've been through some of this myself and may be able to point you to some help.
Thanks Sherm. This case is slightly different in that Jalo should be an American citizen. If I can get her passport I feel like I'll be home free. Let's wait and see what happens this trip.

Old
  (#12)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch
TATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

03-14-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:

Good luck Jay! Please keep us informed. Best wishes to Jalo - I can't imagine.

Chris

Visit my historic cues site:
www.palmercollector.com

Old
  (#13)
thefifteen
AzB Silver Member
thefifteen has a reputation beyond reputethefifteen has a reputation beyond reputethefifteen has a reputation beyond reputethefifteen has a reputation beyond reputethefifteen has a reputation beyond reputethefifteen has a reputation beyond reputethefifteen has a reputation beyond reputethefifteen has a reputation beyond reputethefifteen has a reputation beyond reputethefifteen has a reputation beyond reputethefifteen has a reputation beyond repute

03-14-2010, 10:20 PM

good luck with this Jay. I am living in Angeles now, if you need any help or advice I can probably put you in touch with a few people, however you seem to have it pretty well covered.

Once again good luck.
Dave Wright

Old
  (#14)
8ballEinstein
AzB Silver Member
8ballEinstein has a reputation beyond repute8ballEinstein has a reputation beyond repute8ballEinstein has a reputation beyond repute8ballEinstein has a reputation beyond repute8ballEinstein has a reputation beyond repute8ballEinstein has a reputation beyond repute8ballEinstein has a reputation beyond repute8ballEinstein has a reputation beyond repute8ballEinstein has a reputation beyond repute8ballEinstein has a reputation beyond repute8ballEinstein has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1250

03-14-2010, 10:22 PM

Jay, I saw you at the San Diego Classic and didn't have the chance to say hello. Take care of business out there. The game will still be here when you get everything wrapped up.

A 10 year old child could do the things that I do ... as long as he has 15 years of experience.
Harry Blackstone, Jr

Old
  (#15)
gwjackal
Paradigm Cue Sports
gwjackal has a reputation beyond reputegwjackal has a reputation beyond reputegwjackal has a reputation beyond reputegwjackal has a reputation beyond reputegwjackal has a reputation beyond reputegwjackal has a reputation beyond reputegwjackal has a reputation beyond reputegwjackal has a reputation beyond reputegwjackal has a reputation beyond reputegwjackal has a reputation beyond reputegwjackal has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600
  Send a message via Yahoo to gwjackal  
03-14-2010, 11:11 PM

Good luck to you jay. I am going through a similar battle as I call it and being broke doesn't help. I wish you the best if you need any help back here once your there call and I will do what I can.

Greg

Paradigm Cue Sports
Greg "THE JACKAL" Jacklin
623-377-0020 (cell)

"You have to miss as bad as I do, to be as good as I am"

Page 1 of 17 1 2311 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: