2009 AZ Straight Pool Challenge!

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
holy cow that's rigorous... races to thirty. That's strong. So 12 ball, I assume it's just 10 ball with 2 more balls and he can run them all in rotation with enough consistency to beat the ghost? That's amazing. People talk about efren running out racks of 15 balls for practice and landon's just a few balls away.

It's awesome how a few days with John took him to that level. I wish I lived closer to FLA, I'd love to try some of that instruction.

It's too bad landon can't compete locally, but it's a blessing in a way. He has the discipline to do long races with the ghost and long 14.1 runs and that'd be harder with distractions.

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
I'll be playing some 14.1 tonight... hopefullly I'll be able to take that 11 off the list and replace it with a larger number! :p

EDIT: Well, I played for quite some time last night and had several opportunities for some decent runs... but the best I ran was 18. I finished off 7 in a rack, got the break out and ran 11 more. I think we both went up to around 400 balls each, so we definitely played a lot of 14.1 last night. My friend had a few low to mid 20 runs, but we both had trouble getting through 2 racks. We played from about 6:00pm to about 1:00am... so maybe 7 hours to run 800 balls or so between us. We played on a super-tight 9-foot table (probably a bit tighter than a Diamond Pro).

Last edited:

justin.powell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got 30 today before work. Not my high run, nor my high run of the year, but good for me none the less. Looking for 50 soon and hopefully taped.

Big Perm

1pkt 14.1 8 Banks 9 10
Silver Member
20, 9-footer, shimmed pockets, missed on an easy shot....inching up the board....might have 30 by Christmas :D

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks

Nineteen months ago, John Schmidt spent 4 days in my home giving Landon 14.1 instruction at about 8 hours per day. Landon would not be at his current 14.1 level if it were not for John's instruction.

John is one of Landon's biggest supporters and John is always glad to get progress reports. We'd like to get with John again for additional 14. 1 instruction.

We're in a very difficult situation in this area as far as tourneys and competion goes. John convinced Landon to focus on straight pool and playing the ghost.

On the night ran Landon ran 130 he also beat the 12 ball ghost 15 to 7. We usually do not measure anything with the ghost unless it is a race to 30. Recently in Campbellsville, Landon beat the 10 ball ghost in a race to 30 by 30 to 26 (9ft. Diamond Pro). The races to 30 are what John recommends to really test yourself.

Stan

thanks for the kind words stan. with landons natural ability he would have figured it out,hopefully i just sped up the process.
take care and tell that little alien he better not run 100 on me if we ever have to play or im going to give him an atomic wedgie .
oh wait a minute hes like 6 ft tall now maybe ill just forget the wedgie and take my beating like a man .lol.

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
I hit a 21 (in competition) this past week. I've been playing more straight pool lately, so I'm hoping to beat my 43 (in practice) from last year sometime this year. It's really showed me some things I need to work on. :p

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
Ran a 25 on a super tight table a week or two ago. I've been playing more (still badly), but I'm hoping for at least a 30 soon.

[EDIT] - Played last night and ran a 30 in a race to 100... same tight table too! Number 30 was my break ball... hit the stack low and didn't have a good shot. I kicked into the stack for a semi-close one... totally missed where I was kicking! :p

Last edited:

aeuui

Registered
summer ligue

Hi everybody

We're 8 players from Quebec (Canada) who decided to organize a small 14.1 summer league. We're mostly 9-ball players but we're trying hard to learn the beautiful game of 14.1

We're doing an 8 players round-robin then a final with the top 2. We're planning to video record the final end august (I'll post the link here)

After a couple of matches, here's the highest runs

Eric Théroux 63 (june 28)
Dave Dupuis 53 (june 23)
Nichad Goulamhoussen 27 (june 15)
Benoit Michaud 26 (june)
Pascal Guimond 25 (june 15)
Sylvain Deslauriers 17 (june 22)
Pierre Garant 27 (june 29)
Patrick Provencal 10 (june 20)

Here's the link to our webpage

Thanks

Last edited:

Big Perm

1pkt 14.1 8 Banks 9 10
Silver Member
Actually found someone to play 14.1 today for 2 hours, it was fun....high run was 22.....shimmed 9 foot gc....beats practicing by yourself....yeah, I know it's low, but it's more than last time :D

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Keep up the good work

Actually found someone to play 14.1 today for 2 hours, it was fun....high run was 22.....shimmed 9 foot gc....beats practicing by yourself....yeah, I know it's low, but it's more than last time :D

22 on the those shimmed 9' up at Clicks is good. Good to hear that you are getting better & better at our great Sport. I am sorry that we have not been able to play some but the time window is tough. Looking forward to meeting you one day. I have a match next Thursday. up at Clicks for the League, just in case you can stop by and say hello.