AT SBE: Russian Kenny + Josh Brothers = well, you know

DirtyJersey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gotta 2nd the funny action

I was in the pit for a few Thurs. and Friday. Thursday seemed alright, had some fun bettin with TakeItDown. Went back Friday and definitely seen some srs dumps, got even with my money n got the hell outta there. You would only bet on JD this weekend if you hated your money or u knew somethin everyone else didn't. I woulda played him str8 up and I can't hit the table most shots.

BogeyFree

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't see Scooter or Mike Painter there this year. The only big money game I saw was Shane Winters beating John Mora out of 4 or 5K. Does anybody know who won the Pro-Am?

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is REALLY what's wrong with pool...
...there's always matches you can't bet on...
...and players you can't buy in the calcutta.

Years ago, I deliberately bet the wrong way on a dump....
...$50 a game one-hole.
I kept betting till they got tired of chopping my money...cost $600.

Then one of them gave me the 8 at 9-ball.....
...they were stuck a few thousand before they realized they NEEDED the 7.
....mad as wet hens they were....:smilewinkgrin:

I love a happy ending :D

BogeyFree

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would have liked to place faces with names here as I was in the pits all night all weekend long and most likely gambled with a lot of you guys.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
About the Action Pit at SBE, it has always been kind of a "Buyer Beware"-type happening. Whenever you are gambling in pool on the side, there are never any guarantees when it comes to playing on the square. It is a shame, however, that this is the way it is.

That said, nobody can say with 100 percent assuredness that a dump occurred unless they were a part of the dump.

One time at the DCC, Keith and Alex barked for 2 solid hours to get a game on the bar table, with Alex spotting Keith a ball (can't remember which one). The set, a race to 7, I believe, was over in 20 minutes. I remember hearing spectators claiming it was a dump as we left the room. It hurt pretty bad, because it was *NOT* a dump, we lost money, *AND* Keith was slated to play Grady Mathews in 2 hours on the TV table for the tournament. Sucky day for Team McCready. :frown:

I have noticed some unusual activities at the SBE Action Pit, games that I thought were "fixed," but I'm just careful who I bet on. If Keith is in the pit, I'm going to bet on him, because I know he ain't dumping. There are some players who you don't have to worry about if you know them well. With the other players, I just won't bet and save my money.

It pays to know your horse if you're going to bet at the SBE Action Pit. :yes:

this wasn't a match that went fast causing suspicion like your example above.

It was a game and Josh Brothers tried to dump it for Russian Kenny.

if we still had the wei table I'd show you the 2-10 combo he didn't shoot into the side.

this was business.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I didn't see Scooter or Mike Painter there this year. The only big money game I saw was Shane Winters beating John Mora out of 4 or 5K. Does anybody know who won the Pro-Am?

I staked John Morra in that game, it was for $8k, 10b race to 21 giving Shane Winters 3 on the wire.

John lost 21-17. Shane's break was the difference.

Both of them played their hearts out.

If I'm gonna lose, this is how l want it.

What seems to be lost on so many of the shady assholes is this:

Backers give players a chance to make some money they can def use since our sport doesn't pay enough to live on.

When people like Russian Kenny keep on with his never-ending shit show, and recruits others into his dumping and scamming schemes, the effect is less people willing to stake as much action.

The honest players (and many others) should kick his ass, and everyone like him, all straight into the ocean.

Can't believe it hasn't happened yet.

The day before this pit business, Kenny tried to get a game with me. That was when I asked him if he settled with John Mars yet. :rolleyes:

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

if we still had the wei table I'd show you the 2-10 combo he didn't shoot into the side.

this was business.

Of course, I was not there, so I cannot know what happened there with you present.

I still maintain when it comes to pool and betting on the side or staking players, it is extremely important to know your horse.

I have been in that action pit, and like you, I noticed what I thought was some hanky panky one year with a gentleman player and his girlfriend betting on the rail. It was quite obvious what was going down if one had any experience in this type of gambling, but for the newbie to the SBE Action Pit, it might have gone unnoticed.

What is nice about the action pit is that the spectators can join in the fun. It is a shame that dumping ruins this experience.

Instead of buyer beware, I maintain when it comes to gambling on action matches, it is the person betting needs to beware. ;)

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Of course, I was not there, so I cannot know what happened there with you present.

I still maintain when it comes to pool and betting on the side or staking players, it is extremely important to know your horse.

I have been in that action pit, and like you, I noticed what I thought was some hanky panky one year with a gentleman player and his girlfriend betting on the rail. It was quite obvious what was going down if one had any experience in this type of gambling, but for the newbie to the SBE Action Pit, it might have gone unnoticed.

What is nice about the action pit is that the spectators can join in the fun. It is a shame that dumping ruins this experience.

Instead of buyer beware, I maintain when it comes to gambling on action matches, it is the person betting needs to beware. ;)

for real money, these are words to live by. :thumbup:

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

thubosky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was watching this circus most of the weekend too. Very entertaining for sure. I bet half of those great players shooting in the money pit wouldn't have scratched on the break so easily against me in the tournament. As soon as they got a good bet going the great player breaking seemed to pop the cue right in the side and give the lesser player an easy spread out table with ball in hand. How ironic. Some of the best bar table players in the country still don't have the break figured out? Seemed like an easy and believable dump to scratch in the side on the break I guess.

I was told by an older player there that I know that it is all rigged there. He said a player who was in on it told him at a different event. He said what we were watching was just an illusion.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
What annoys me is people think things like that shit show in the pit every year or some of the make believe at the Derby is real action. All that crap does is kill any chance at all of real money coming around the game.

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Your bettin, your buying.

ArtOfTheCue

Matt
Silver Member

this was business.

I've been using this one with my league teammates:

http://www.billiardsthegame.com/onepocket/

There's also a good app for iOS written by a guy on the boards called Draw Shot.

Sidenote: Chicken, I saw you at the expo (the nametag was a great idea), but every time we were in the same general area, you seemed to be in conversations with people you knew and I didn't want to interrupt. It was good to see you, even if we didn't end up meeting. :cool:

I staked John Morra in that game, it was for $8k, 10b race to 21 giving Shane Winters 3 on the wire.

John lost 21-17. Shane's break was the difference.

Both of them played their hearts out.

If I'm gonna lose, this is how l want it.

What seems to be lost on so many of the shady assholes is this:

Backers give players a chance to make some money they can def use since our sport doesn't pay enough to live on.

When people like Russian Kenny keep on with his never-ending shit show, and recruits others into his dumping and scamming schemes, the effect is less people willing to stake as much action.

The honest players (and many others) should kick his ass, and everyone like him, all straight into the ocean.

Can't believe it hasn't happened yet.

The day before this pit business, Kenny tried to get a game with me. That was when I asked him if he settled with John Mars yet. :rolleyes:

best,
brian kc

Exactly Chicken, Russian Kenny screwed over the biggest backer of the past 5 years who helped SVB develop into what he is today. Without him playing those 5-10 K matches he wouldnt be the monster he is today. He also makes anyone reluctant to bet when hes there screaming incessantly for bets.

He was looking for betters and I was right next to him. I said spot me the 100 you owe me on the next game. I told him I would let him owing me for a year be forgiven. He thought about it and said no. What a dicc...too bad I had more cash than him.

I never bet with him and cautioned a few newbies the same. When he screams 150-100 and I will take either player it is a dump.

When RK wasnt there Josh played terrific.I didnt see the game where he passed on the duck combo. He looked to be playing very strong, so if RK bet against him maybe he dumped. I can tell you 100% that Dupuis, Winters , Kirkwood, McCreesh do not dump snd others I am not remembering.

Everybody needs to just avoid betting with this fool. He would rob a little old lady if he wouldnt get caught. I hope Mr big time gambler is boycotted. I wont bet another centvwith him. He is poison for the game.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member

Correct JAM - that is why there are only 4 pool players alive that I would bet on.