AT SBE: Russian Kenny + Josh Brothers = well, you know

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
I used to work at a retail store and remember the owner telling me that 75% of people will steal if you give them the opportunity.. sounds like a similar statistic is the pit

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
What annoys me is people think things like that shit show in the pit every year or some of the make believe at the Derby is real action. All that crap does is kill any chance at all of real money coming around the game.

I have been told many times I need to go to the SBE because of the pit and how great it is. I knew what it was all about and that is why I have never even thought about attending.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been told many times I need to go to the SBE because of the pit and how great it is. I knew what it was all about and that is why I have never even thought about attending.

Well, I'd like to add one caveat. I have been in that action pit as SBE, and there is indeed some legitimate gambling going on. The entire action pit participants are not dump artists. I just want to put that out there.

Kid Delicious, Santos, Jesse Bowman, Hillbilly, Frankie Hernandez, some guy named Pinion from Canada (I think that's his name), Jose Parica, and many more whose names I am forgetting, these guys were legitimately playing in that action pit on the square when I was present.

It is a shame that some dumpers are tarnishing this action pit image. I'm not sure how one can get around it, other than to repeat again that one should know the horse before they bet on them as to whether they're being treated on the square.

But I'm going to step up and stay that the entire action pit is not a dump pit. :smile:

Pool politics has a way of people banding together sometimes, rightly or wrongly, but in the case of the action pit, not all players are dump artists.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Well, I'd like to add one caveat. I have been in that action pit as SBE, and there is indeed some legitimate gambling going on. The entire action pit participants are not dump artists. I just want to put that out there.

Kid Delicious, Santos, Jesse Bowman, Hillbilly, Frankie Hernandez, some guy named Pinion from Canada (I think that's his name), Jose Parica, and many more whose names I am forgetting, these guys were legitimately playing in that action pit on the square when I was present.

It is a shame that some dumpers are tarnishing this action pit image. I'm not sure how one can get around it, other than to repeat again that one should know the horse before they bet on them as to whether they're being treated on the square.

But I'm going to step up and stay that the entire action pit is not a dump pit. :smile:

Pool politics has a way of people banding together sometimes, rightly or wrongly, but in the case of the action pit, not all players are dump artists.

JAM - of course 100% of it is not dumping. But I am not a fan of Russian roulette and I wouldn't sit around until one of the 4 pool players on my list get their turn at the table.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member

the action pit has been the single most fun thing for me at sbe for many years.

And yes, the vast majority of players there were (and still are) fair and square, always giving it their best.

But there are a certain few who are corruptible and will risk their names for a few lousy $$$. The percentages seem to increase when RK is around.

Add Shuff and Kiamco to your list of pit regulars who *always* gave 110%. :)

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

You get around dumping by boycottibg the ringmasters who run the show. If a guy wants to dump for the 40 dollar table win thats pointless. The money is made in tge pit dump when russian kenney lays big odds on a big bet, knowing his horse will win so giving 300-200 is nothing.

To keep things right and reward the players I give them a little jelly when they win a couple...guys like Shorty, Dupuis and McCreesh are not dumping. I bet high with McCreesh on a 3 game streak we had 1200. I bet 580 in the 4th game and he dogged, it happens. If he won that we were splitting 1980 and had the break in game 5. This is why I bet the pit. Knowledge of the game, players, odds, bankroll and money managment payoff...I dont have to steal like the Russian.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I've been using this one with my league teammates:

http://www.billiardsthegame.com/onepocket/

There's also a good app for iOS written by a guy on the boards called Draw Shot.

Sidenote: Chicken, I saw you at the expo (the nametag was a great idea), but every time we were in the same general area, you seemed to be in conversations with people you knew and I didn't want to interrupt. It was good to see you, even if we didn't end up meeting. :cool:

Matt, I sure do wish you would have said hello. I have the KC tag hoping to meet some of my az brothers.

Next time, please don't hesitate. :)

best,
brian kc

Rjmoncrief

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone please enlighten me the reason someone hasn't beat the - - - - out of this guy. I don't understand why a lot of players, stakers, gamblers, etc. keep putting up with these antics tourney after tourney, event after event. After what happened at DC why would those involved let it keep happening. I saw the creep at the Music City Open last year and thought to myself what an obnoxious idiot. From what I saw most of the respectful upper end players with a good reputation simply avoided him. Are some guys maybe, simply afraid of him? Why do some let it continue. I've read a few post in the past that, and I quote, HE IS GOOD FOR THE GAME. If someone like him is good for the game then I can understand why the sport is in the shape it is today. There's an old sayin that goes like this.....You screw me once shame on you, you screw me twice shame on me. Either leave him alone or knock his -------------teeth out.
I know somebody will probably say "You knock his teeth out".
I don't have a dog in the fight. If I did he wouldn't have any teeth. I know there are a lot of others like him and he can't DUMP by himself. Everytime it happens there's others involved.
People kill everyday over a lot less money that he has beat people out of.
I just don't understand letting it continue on.......I'm baffled. :confused:

dannyb78

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matt, I sure do wish you would have said hello. I have the KC tag hoping to meet some of my az brothers.

Next time, please don't hesitate. :)

best,
brian kc

I was there, and had a blast. I learned to stay out of the pit 10 years ago unless I was playing myself. The pit is to nerve racking for me. I am a low key kind of person. I don't care much for the yelling, screaming, and arguing. I know tons of people love it. Which I think that is great. If people have something that gives them a reason to come to a pool event, I am all for it. I choose to get a side table and match up. I will be there next year. I look the same as my AVATAR. Say hello if you see me.

DirtyJersey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I made sure to do my part and not take any action from RK. If everyone followed suit he would go away.

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone please enlighten me the reason someone hasn't beat the - - - - out of this guy. I don't understand why a lot of players, stakers, gamblers, etc. keep putting up with these antics tourney after tourney, event after event. After what happened at DC why would those involved let it keep happening. I saw the creep at the Music City Open last year and thought to myself what an obnoxious idiot. From what I saw most of the respectful upper end players with a good reputation simply avoided him. Are some guys maybe, simply afraid of him? Why do some let it continue. I've read a few post in the past that, and I quote, HE IS GOOD FOR THE GAME. If someone like him is good for the game then I can understand why the sport is in the shape it is today. There's an old sayin that goes like this.....You screw me once shame on you, you screw me twice shame on me. Either leave him alone or knock his -------------teeth out.
I don't have a dog in the fight. If I did he wouldn't have any teeth. I know there are a lot of others like him and he can't DUMP by himself. Everytime it happens there's others involved.

They put up with it because they either just don't know, or are straight up degenerate gambling addicts, which describes a lot of people in pool.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Sane rational people pretty much dont do that anymore. It isnt worth it these days. All the stiffs i know-Not one ever got a beating.

If you have enough cash to lose a good sum, chances are you have more to lose, like a home, wife etc-Time in the State Pen is not on your life list.

My BOOKIE in NY didn't even beat up or have people beat up and he had multiple guys that owed him more than any numbers i have seen here. We were close friends and i asked him. The publicity alone would make it not worth it he told me-not to mention the possible legal ramifications.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
at sbe, having a blast, will write more when I get the chance but wanted to alert the community about business that should be no surprise to anyone.

In the pit, Friday night, things were swinging as you would expect.

Russian Kenny was yacking it up and he wanted the next games breaker, josh brothers, but he couldn't get a bet so he starts banging his chest saying "this is how much heart I got, I'll take the curly headed f**k who's racking". The curly headed f**k was Joey DuPuis.

Kenny ended up with about 6 c-notes worth of action on Joey, I had one c-note on Josh who came to the table with ball in hand looking at a *SIMPLE* 2-10 combo into the side pocket. He doesn't shoot it and instead he plays for the runout and gets about 3 or 4 balls into it and misses. Yes, he was dumping the game for Kenny.

When he chose to be a pos and not shoot the 2-10 I was standing right there next to kenny and I told him that was bullshit. He turned around and said to me and others in his most arrogant voice, "awwwww that was too bad".

so lady karma came quick and had joey dupuis rattle the 9 ball and he def wasn't trying to miss, leaving it a hanger and leaving Josh no other choice but to mop up the last couple of balls for the win. kenny just about had an aneurism.

I got my c-note, kenny lost his 6, and I told kenny in my sweetest possible voice, "awww that was awwwsome".

Kenny is entertaining but treacherous.

Josh Brothers is poison and I will never put a penny on this guy again.

The day before I confronted Kenny about his debt to John Mars and he responded, "uh yeah, I'm gonna take care of that".

stay tuned.

best,
brian kc <------ will provide more later on 2 boys who know how to play with 100% heart!

I read this a couple times and maybe I'm slow but are you saying you bet on a guy who tried to dump but failed and you won?

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I read this a couple times and maybe I'm slow but are you saying you bet on a guy who tried to dump but failed and you won?

I bet a c-note on Josh

RK bet about $600 on Joey

Josh came to the table with ball-in-hand and a simple 2-10 combo available into the side for the win. He didn't shoot it.

Instead he made 4 or 5 balls, missed, and left Joey a cosmo out.

Joey rattled the 7 in the corner.

Kenny just about swallowed his tongue.

Josh made the last three balls.

I won and was disgusted over what I witnessed.

best,
brian kc

I think because a second miss on what was left would make him look worse than Buddy Hall.

I think instead of punching RK out, I will loudly scream Dump Artist everytime he calls for a bet. This guy needs to go into obscurity. I will do this at SBE2015...this sh#t needs to go the way of the dinosaurs .If he swings on me have him arrested , I sue him for lost wages and hes banned from SBE for life. F him.
Hear that Kenny, F you...you should have my number and I know you will read this too.

Last edited:

De$action

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jb

Once again I can't vouch for Kenny but Josh has been a long time friend. I've bet thousands and thousands won and lost and he has always played hard. I was not there to witness what happen so I can't say for sure, but I can honestly say he's not that type of person. He has fallen on some hard times as of late but I still trust him and will put him in any game that I think he has a chance of winning. By no means am I trying to question anybody's word this is just my opinion.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
the action pit has been the single most fun thing for me at sbe for many years.

And yes, the vast majority of players there were (and still are) fair and square, always giving it their best.

But there are a certain few who are corruptible and will risk their names for a few lousy $$$. The percentages seem to increase when RK is around.

Add Shuff and Kiamco to your list of pit regulars who *always* gave 110%. :)

best,
brian kc

Brian:

First, as always, fistbump to a good friend, yo. (Doing my Jessie / Breaking Bad impression. ;) )

Second, I agree with you and Jennie about the pit not being "thoroughly soaked bad" just because of a few bad apples.

The problem is, how much arsenic do you want to eat with your meal? Or in RK's case, thalium or ricin? Unfortunately with the pit, you have to scour through with the tines of your fork to pick out and flick away those pieces of arsenic or thalium, and then worry that the rest of the action that was in play there at the time, isn't also poisoned.

Glad that you came out of it ok!
-Sean