Best line from TAR35 - day 1

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Day 1 was great. Justin was gold behind the mic. I forgot how good he could be. This was the best line from day 1. I told the kid to leave the Mr. T. starter kit at home.
Hey Justin...get Cotton to tell us a few stories from his book. I read it and it was great. Thx Again.

Nick B

Attachments

• Justin MrT.jpg
    Justin MrT.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 721

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Day 1 was great. Justin was gold behind the mic. I forgot how good he could be. This was the best line from day 1. I told the kid to leave the Mr. T. starter kit at home.
Hey Justin...get Cotton to tell us a few stories from his book. I read it and it was great. Thx Again.

Nick B

That damn chain and pool table charm.

He took it off...then put it back on....then went full beast mode.

What the hell do I know?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
When Cotton told stories of matches he played on the road, he called some of them "win or sleep in the car" matches. That made me laugh out loud but it certainly gave some insight into the road player's life.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
I had a lot fun calling the match last night with Cotton.

It was interesting the swings in momentum. At one point Shane was up six and the feeling in the room was almost like he was behind in that Dennis just looked like a machine eating up the distance between them and would not stop.

I will be on the switcher tonight enjoying Jeremy and Cotton in the booth. I'm looking forward to hearing Jeremy's take on last night and what happens tonight.

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Best lines from TAR 35

I only got to listen/watch for about 45 minutes ( up until the half time break).

I agree that Justin and Cotton did a great job.
Justin can be REALLY good behind the mic - and actually behind the control board -

But I have to correct a couple of comments they made:
1). Justin cannot beat me.
2). I am not 140 years old.
3). I will have to take Cotton up on the 10-6 for life.

I did not hear their previous comments and assume they were also similarly misleading.
But I forgive them - for they know not of what they speak.:grin:

But I just wanted everyone to know that my sense of humor is intact!

Am looking forward to part two of the match at 5 pm (pst) today.

BTW - both of the 'Po' brothers are playing in the US Open 10-ball.
SVB said his break is as good as his.

Maybe we will get to see?

Mark Griffin

Needing weight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Who are the "Po" brothers??

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

Nick B

Justin comes up with some of the best one liners in pool. That one had me laughing out loud at home. He's not one of the "name" commentators, but I've always enjoyed sitting in with him. He's articulate, knowledgeable, witty and has a good rapport with whoever is next to him. Too bad he's always in the directors seat most of the time.

I'm looking forward to Jeremy and Cotton, that should also be a good team in the booth. I just hope Dennis can find a way to scratch back into this match. It's really all about Shane at this point. If he continues his onslaught, there is nothing ANYONE can do to stop him.

Interesting tidbit from Warren Kiamco a couple of days ago. He said that NO ONE can go to Taiwan and get the money. He said there's too many good money players there and they just wear you out. I asked him if he meant Dennis, Alex, Lee Van and Francisco. He answered yeah, them too. He said there are more good "big money" players there than in the Philippines. That comment kind of opened my eyes.

1on1pooltournys

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting tidbit from Warren Kiamco a couple of days ago. He said that NO ONE can go to Taiwan and get the money. He said there's too many good money players there and they just wear you out. I asked him if he meant Dennis, Alex, Lee Van and Francisco. He answered yeah, them too. He said there are more good "big money" players there than in the Philippines. That comment kind of opened my eyes.

I've heard this for years. They gamble higher than a Giraffes ass too!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

Who are the "Po" brothers??

Wait until you see "little brother" Po. Maybe about 16 years old and he plays lights out! I guarantee you there is no junior player in this country even close to him. It would take a Landon Shuffett to give him a game here.

The U.S. Open Ten Ball should be great this year with all the foreign champions coming over. It's worth going just to see Little Po, a future world champ. And then there's the Chinese gals. OMG is all I have to say about them. They have raised the bar in womens pool.

Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

we will have to import some of them for a TAR match....

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member

Wow. Do you know what players he's talking about in particular?

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
But I have to correct a couple of comments they made:
1). Justin cannot beat me.
2). I am not 140 years old.
3). I will have to take Cotton up on the 10-6 for life.

I don't like it but I guess I would try you getting 9-7. See you in July ;)

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wow. Do you know what players he's talking about in particular?

There's about 10-12 "name" players in Taiwan who play in the major events in Asia. But, not unlike the Philippines, Warren said there are many more equally good players who stay close to home. All of them like to play money games and play them quite well, according to Warren.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
When Cotton told stories of matches he played on the road, he called some of them "win or sleep in the car" matches. That made me laugh out loud but it certainly gave some insight into the road player's life.

It's a great way to improve ones Awareness of reality.

Needing weight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
we will have to import some of them for a TAR match....

+2

I'd love to see someone I've never even heard of take Shane off, we'll not really but I'd like to see a monster that I've never heard of give him he'll at least!!!

Come on TAR!!!