Bonus Ball now to be know as BOGUS BALL

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bonus Ball now to be known as BOGUS BALL

I think after this weekend BOGUS ball fits much better.

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

How so?

They played their matches, presumably the money is good. I guess the thing with the streaming issues is a big bummer but I suppose they will work it out.

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How so?

They played their matches, presumably the money is good. I guess the thing with the streaming issues is a big bummer but I suppose they will work it out.

well they just canceled the streaming for the weekend , it isnt getting any better.
Hard to sell a product people cant see.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How hard can it be to stream now lol it's not a new technology. Hell small pool halls are streaming there tournaments...It shouldn't be that hard with the budget this event has.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Well thats the question. Obviously the often used methods, ustream and audiovideoweb were not used for reasons of their own. Sucks but they are too far in to give up.

I dont want to see anyone fail so i remain hopeful that they can sort it out.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It aint that bad!

The stream is no big deal, it will get worked out even if they have to switch services...,
thats no reflection on the game, thats a orginazational thing, their new, they will work that out.

The game.., I think that it will catch on with some, it might become big with the league players that are looking for something new or may be new to pool anyway so everything look exciting...,

for the traditionalist, it may take some time, it might not ever catch on, I hope it works because we need all the good news for pool that we can get and the guys behind it all care about the game.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member

Tell me, have you even seen or been around a NEW business upstart that Didn't have issues ? And to expect EVERYTHING to be right the first time is ..............ty. You think TAR and all the other videographers didn't have Problems and Negative attitudes from the pool Nazis as they were tweaking and adjusting to their new venture....ever changed a boys diaper and got peed in the face, if you did, it must be lifes way of saying how much easier it would be if you had girls. :grin-square:

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Tell me, have you even seen or been around a NEW business upstart that Didn't have issues ? And to expect EVERYTHING to be right the first time is ..............ty. You think TAR and all the other videographers didn't have Problems and Negative attitudes from the pool Nazis as they were tweaking and adjusting to their new venture....ever changed a boys diaper and got peed in the face, if you did, it must be lifes way of saying how much easier it would be if you had girls. :grin-square:
One thing I wish people who would use this line of reasoning would remember to include is that at no time in the history of TAR have I had six months and a six figure budget to prepare for a project.

Loading into a pool room in Kansas or Florida or New York on a Thursday and being told "Internet connection is super fast. No problem." only to find out that means different things to different people is a different situation than working on a dedicated streaming facility for a year and then be completely incapable of delivering a watchable product despite having the largest budget and lead time in the history of the industry.

To then blame the total failure on bogus numbers and everyone but who is actually responsible is not growing pains. Its is at its core a lack of character. The least they should do after all the months of condescending to all the people in the industry who "keep doing the same old thing that isnt working" is own their debacle and be man enough to admit they simply had no idea what the hell they were doing.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
The stream is no big deal, it will get worked out even if they have to switch services...,
thats no reflection on the game, thats a orginazational thing, their new, they will work that out.

The game.., I think that it will catch on with some, it might become big with the league players that are looking for something new or may be new to pool anyway so everything look exciting...,

for the traditionalist, it may take some time, it might not ever catch on, I hope it works because we need all the good news for pool that we can get and the guys behind it all care about the game.

I agree this disaster of an opening weekend for the stream really shouldnt have a lasting affect on the enterprise as a whole. The facility is finished. The players are playing the game and the lights are on. They are further along most ever thought they would be. Now its just a matter of finding someone who wants to pay to watch this game.

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree this disaster of an opening weekend for the stream really shouldnt have a lasting affect on the enterprise as a whole. The facility is finished. The players are playing the game and the lights are on. They are further along most ever thought they would be. Now its just a matter of finding someone who wants to pay to watch this game.

I think this weekend hurt more then any other delay could of. They had a chance to show off their product and get people interested. Now people can't watch at all. The second night they where giving away tickets to get in the studio. A friday night i Vegas and you cant find people to fill your seats. That says something.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
You can call me a hater if you want but my only gripe was scheduling right on top of the Southern Classic. They absolutely didn't have to do that.

That said, this is how it all looks to me. What I will say here is just my opinion based on what I can gather from everything that has taken place over the course of the last several months.

The players are there for a pay check, plain and simple. If the money stops they are gone. They don't like this game, that's pretty obvious. Nathan is there to gather together all the best video equipment he can, just in case he has to bail later. In the meantime he will be the world's greatest advocate for BB. Larry's job is to continue to pacify the investors so the money stream does not stop.

That's it in a nutshell. If you don't like my does of reality, please feel free to hate on me all you want. I'm a big boy, I can take it. ;)

P.S. My take on this whole fiasco is that it will come crumbling down like a house of cards, probably sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member

Or even just watch it. :sorry:

J

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
You can call me a hater if you want but my only gripe was scheduling right on top of the Southern Classic. They absolutely didn't have to do that.

That said, this is how it all looks to me. What I will say here is just my opinion based on what I can gather from everything that has taken place over the course of the last several months.

The players are there for a pay check, plain and simple. If the money stops they are gone. They don't like this game, that's pretty obvious. Nathan is there to gather together all the best video equipment he can, just in case he has to bail later. In the meantime he will be the world's greatest advocate for BB. Larry's job is to continue to pacify the investors so the money stream does not stop.

That's it in a nutshell. If you don't like my does of reality, please feel free to hate on me all you want. I'm a big boy, I can take it. ;)

P.S. My take on this whole fiasco is that it will come crumbling down like a house of cards, probably sooner rather than later.

you mean they're really not ecstatic?

best,
brian kc

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
Time will be the judge, there's plenty to go around. I didn't enjoy what I saw, but realize that it can get better. I ordered a hat.
:smile:

realkingcobra

Silver Member

It's a good thing those in charge...didn't have to return any rails to the investors, but rather get to keep what they've already recieved;):thumbup: I couldn't resist, though it's a horse of a different color;)

Glen

cajunfats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a theory

Justin, I believe that your last sentence dovetails into a theory I have about the goal of Bonus Ball.

Bonus Ball is totally developed for the burgeoning Asian Market, esp. China.

The professional players are being used to Beta Test this concept. They have name recognition in Asia and would help familiarize the game in a region of the world that doesn't have the long history of other pool games.

Asia has superior viewership on pool versus the American market. Cities in China esp. have huge sports identities with their soccer, table tennis, gymnastics,etc. Team Sport is a perfect fit under the Bonus Ball concept.

If I said that the Pro's were being whored out for somebody else's future profits, it wouldn't be the first time. I predict you will one day see the great American Players playing for Shanghai, Seoul, Beijing, Taiwan and Singapore teams just like soccer pro's.

We, as viewers won't make a thimbleful of difference in the viewership money for BB. We are merely the original test consumer.

Just my little theory.

cajunfats(Carl)

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Justin, I believe that your last sentence dovetails into a theory I have about the goal of Bonus Ball.

Bonus Ball is totally developed for the burgeoning Asian Market, esp. China.

The professional players are being used to Beta Test this concept. They have name recognition in Asia and would help familiarize the game in a region of the world that doesn't have the long history of other pool games.

Asia has superior viewership on pool versus the American market. Cities in China esp. have huge sports identities with their soccer, table tennis, gymnastics,etc. Team Sport is a perfect fit under the Bonus Ball concept.

If I said that the Pro's were being whored out for somebody else's future profits, it wouldn't be the first time. I predict you will one day see the great American Players playing for Shanghai, Seoul, Beijing, Taiwan and Singapore teams just like soccer pro's.

We, as viewers won't make a thimbleful of difference in the viewership money for BB. We are merely the original test consumer.

Just my little theory.

cajunfats(Carl)

so only maybe another 10 million to get that off the ground? Or is everyone still staying in Vegas but wearing Beijing Bozos Tshirts?