Happy Birthday Jay Helfert

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Happy B-Day Jay. Nothing wrong with getting older, way better then the alternative.

The only thing I feel sorry for you on is missing being a Leo by 4 days, that must suck...

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
we want you here in 2020 when pool overtakes baseball as the "American Game"

That's great that you know about the trampoline......this is essential to circulate the lymphatic fluid (which transports toxicity) out of your body. Few people know this one, Jay, you are certainly taking advice from some wise individuals. Keep it up, we want you here in 2020 when pool overtakes baseball as the "American Game". LoL Jk click picture for more

You guys are great! I don't like getting a year older, because I still feel like I did at 39. My secrets to longevity are diet and exercise of course. DON'T drink or smoke to excess, and having a five year old daughter and a girl half my age helps as well. REALLY!

I started a regular exercise program two and half months ago, nothing too strenuous but exercise nonetheless. I walk about a mile and half daily at a brisk pace, do about 10-15 minutes of weight work and spend five minutes on a small trampoline. Altogether maybe forty minutes, 4-5 days a week. It's amazing what a difference this has made for me in less than three months. I have far more energy than before and have begun to do push-ups and chin-ups as well. I couldn't do more than one three months ago!

It's been a real eye opener to see so many of my buddies passing away in the last couple of years, many younger than me. I know they had some bad habits, but it was still a shock since I knew most of them since we were kids. Thanks again, I'm like Freddie, a pool lifer!

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Happy birthday to one cool dude.

Looking forward to your arrival tomorrow in Vegas. We'll leave a light on for you.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Jay retains his amazingly youthful look and spirit! Happy Birthday Jay...

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Happy Birthday,

..and many happy returns of the day to one of the pool world's indispensable
unofficial historians and authoritative sources......I am also waiting for Pool Wars 2 ...

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Happy Birthday, Jay

and I know you aren't that old....nobody calls you Peruke Jay
:)

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
It was very cool getting to meet You last December at the M-cup. You may not remember me but we got to BS a little at the Euros party. Happy Birthday Jay!!!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Have a great b-day. Also, what happened with your experiment shooting with the opposite hand?

I took a break after eight sessions, to be continued later. But no question that in those eight sessions I made real progress that hasn't been lost. I have far more confidence to shoot an easy shot left handed if I need to. I will pick it up again when I get motivated to play some more pool. I literally go months without playing I'm ashamed to admit.

Remember 39 and holding!!!