Hello from China!

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
I just wanted to let everyone know that everyone has arrived in Shenyang, China for the Women's World 9ball Championships. There is a block on many websites (Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Blogger, etc.) here and I know that is a problem for most of us. I know a lot of girls were planning to communicate through those sites. I just wanted to pass the message along that everyone arrived and the draw is at 4pm today (3am est) and play starts tomorrow morning.

I am not sure what website will have brackets. I think there is a way to search for the Asian sports channels on Sopcast. There are going to be two TV tables each round.

Sorry I'm not much help! I will try to post updates when I can. Right now all I can say is that the hotel is very nice and the people are very friendly. The only downfall...really hard beds!

Sarah

1on1pooltournys

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just wanted to let everyone know that everyone has arrived in Shenyang, China for the Women's World 9ball Championships. There is a block on many websites (Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Blogger, etc.) here and I know that is a problem for most of us. I know a lot of girls were planning to communicate through those sites. I just wanted to pass the message along that everyone arrived and the draw is at 4pm today (3am est) and play starts tomorrow morning.

I am not sure what website will have brackets. I think there is a way to search for the Asian sports channels on Sopcast. There are going to be two TV tables each round.

Sorry I'm not much help! I will try to post updates when I can. Right now all I can say is that the hotel is very nice and the people are very friendly. The only downfall...really hard beds!

Sarah

Good Luck Sarah!!!!!

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Good Luck!

Sarah,

Many thanks for the update and I wish you the best of luck in the event! Skill will take you a long ways but a little luck never hurts. :grin:

The hard beds may surprise you. My road companion and I rented a room with beds that seemed like rocks. We were both surprised to get a great night's sleep.

Hu

Sarah

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Sarah

Sarah,

Two things. One email me for a website to get around the block. I will give you a website - NOT A PROXY - where you will have to download a small program and when you do you will be surfing AS IF you are in the USA.

jb@jbideas.com

Two. Ask for extra blankets to sleep ON. They will often give you some extra ones that you can use to pad the beds. I do this a lot when traveling in China.

Three. Good luck in the event!

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sarah...Best of luck in the tournament! I know you have the ability within you, to take down anybody! Be sure and let me know as soon as you get the 2010 WPBA schedule, so we can talk about that other thing next summer. It's gonna be exciting, and I'd love to have you there!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

hdgis1

Seems I have been a little to star struck before now to say anything!:embarrassed2:

Good luck in China! While you're over there, Andrew Zimmerman says you should really try the thousand year old eggs! Guarantee it will be a moment in your life you will never forget!:eek:

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
The only downfall...really hard beds!

Sarah

I went to China a lot over the years. Enough to hang out with the hotel managers since I was a regular guest. They told me once that they had 2 sets of mattresses. One hard, as often requested by Japanese clients, and one soft for the European/American clientele. Just ask the hotel manager, they may have the same setup in your hotel.