How to build a Custom Plunger

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
I would like to place a order for one of these High Speed, Low Drag devices....where can I send the money:grin:

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
Man, You can get some SERIOUS plunging action going with that bad boy!

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
Maybe this should be in the Table Mechanics forum in the thread about high tech mechanics tools. :groucho:

srober40

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for all the comments.

To answer a few questions:

It does not come with a brown dot shaft. You can make your own.

Weight is adjustable. But I find that plungers such as this perform better when they are lighter. Similar to the light break cue theory. But then again everybody has their own preference.

No patent on this gem. (will probably be seeing these imported from lands far away very soon)

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

I will probably get flamed for GIVING this information away. I imagine the repercussions will be harsh for posting this information. (The Custom Plunger market may collapse if everybody knows how to make their own.)

I am not claiming to be the inventor of the Custom Plunger by any means. I think it is time the world finds out about this mysterious craft.

At the risk of being banned, here goes....

Materials list

Plunger
Fender Washer
5/16"-18 bolt (or one that matches the thread on the pin end of the cue you wish to use)
Cue stick purchased on e-bay

Tools list

Electric Drill
Dremel Tool
Drill Bit (Size will vary)
Wrench (Size will vary)

Step One

Go to Wal Mart and purchase a plunger for $2.17. (Not including tax)

Step 2

Remove plain wooden (Non Custom) handle from plunger. This is easily done by gripping the plunger head in your left hand and turning the handle repeatedly to the left with your right hand.

Step 3

Drill a 5/16" hole through the center of the plunger head.

Step 4

Grind threads on inside of plunger head so that new handle will fit. I used a dremel tool with a small sanding drum for this

Step 5

Take the new plunger handle ( a Meucci Originals 84-9B Gambler cue in my case) that you purchased on e-bay that was described as being "Beautiful" from a seller with 100% positive feedback and insert the pin end of the butt section through the recently drilled hole (See step 3) in the plunger head. Attach a fender washer over the pin end and secure the plunger head to the pin end of the cue with a 5/16-18 bolt. Do not overtighten! This could lead to the pin end being extracted from the handle. If you desire, you can add a lock washer in between the fender washer and the 5/16"-18 nut for good measure.

Make sure the description on e-bay of the potential plunger handle doesn't disclose the horrible warp or the repair done to the forearm below the joint.

Step 6

Display prominently in the bathroom with pride. I prefer to keep mine in the powder room on the main floor of the house so guests can see it.

Step 7

Leave negative feedback for the seller on Ebay (Optional) I personally got a lot of satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment out of this project. Had I not purchased and received the piece of crap cue, I may never have challenged myself in this way. I feel that I have grown as a result of this event.

For a limited time I will be offering kits for those of you who think you can tackle a project like this at home. Kits are $19.99 and include the plunger head, the washer and the bolt. (Cue NOT included) Need to know the pin size. Not all pin sizes are available. S&H is $6.00 for the lower 48 states.

If there is enough interest, I may consider putting this out as a DVD. (For the folks that are not good at following written directions)

If I wasn't laughing I would be crying.............

Scott

Bob Muecci Cue is good for something. Don't get it wet, the DECALS may PEAL.

Cuaba

Livin Large
Silver Member
True Story................

The first time I met Burton Spain he was showing off a toilet plunger that he had made out of one of his full splice blanks.

That was about 20 years ago.

rackem

SUPPORT CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Silver Member
You say Dufferin

I do happen to have a full spliced handle available.
For ease of shippping you supply the Tip. Available at your local Home Depot.
The handle could be included with a purchase of the cues I offer to save on shipping.
Please check my threads started. Add on the Dufferin plunger handle for $20
The Budweiser one is gone.
Budweiser Plunger brand.jpg

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I will probably get flamed for GIVING this information away. I imagine the repercussions will be harsh for posting this information. (The Custom Plunger market may collapse if everybody knows how to make their own.)

I am not claiming to be the inventor of the Custom Plunger by any means. I think it is time the world finds out about this mysterious craft.

At the risk of being banned, here goes....

Materials list

Plunger
Fender Washer
5/16"-18 bolt (or one that matches the thread on the pin end of the cue you wish to use)
Cue stick purchased on e-bay

Tools list

Electric Drill
Dremel Tool
Drill Bit (Size will vary)
Wrench (Size will vary)

Step One

Go to Wal Mart and purchase a plunger for $2.17. (Not including tax)

Step 2

Remove plain wooden (Non Custom) handle from plunger. This is easily done by gripping the plunger head in your left hand and turning the handle repeatedly to the left with your right hand.

Step 3

Drill a 5/16" hole through the center of the plunger head.

Step 4

Grind threads on inside of plunger head so that new handle will fit. I used a dremel tool with a small sanding drum for this

Step 5

Take the new plunger handle ( a Meucci Originals 84-9B Gambler cue in my case) that you purchased on e-bay that was described as being "Beautiful" from a seller with 100% positive feedback and insert the pin end of the butt section through the recently drilled hole (See step 3) in the plunger head. Attach a fender washer over the pin end and secure the plunger head to the pin end of the cue with a 5/16-18 bolt. Do not overtighten! This could lead to the pin end being extracted from the handle. If you desire, you can add a lock washer in between the fender washer and the 5/16"-18 nut for good measure.

Make sure the description on e-bay of the potential plunger handle doesn't disclose the horrible warp or the repair done to the forearm below the joint.

Step 6

Display prominently in the bathroom with pride. I prefer to keep mine in the powder room on the main floor of the house so guests can see it.

Step 7

Leave negative feedback for the seller on Ebay (Optional) I personally got a lot of satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment out of this project. Had I not purchased and received the piece of crap cue, I may never have challenged myself in this way. I feel that I have grown as a result of this event.

For a limited time I will be offering kits for those of you who think you can tackle a project like this at home. Kits are $19.99 and include the plunger head, the washer and the bolt. (Cue NOT included) Need to know the pin size. Not all pin sizes are available. S&H is $6.00 for the lower 48 states.

If there is enough interest, I may consider putting this out as a DVD. (For the folks that are not good at following written directions)

If I wasn't laughing I would be crying.............

Scott

funny as shit...pun intended.:wink:

is that an original gambler ? if so you coulda used any one of the thousands that aint worth a shit except for the originals.

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Awesome! Next time someone clogs the toilet, you can just smile and go practice your masse stroke.

SWN99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
is that the new power piston technology in that butt? by far the best Meucci i have ever seen.