Ian Anderson was right all along....

Blackjack said:
to answer your questions - I have consistently made a living playing, teaching, and coaching players for the past 25 years. I have actively been through many of the situations you referred to. As far as your other comments as well as JAM's - think what you'd like. There are people working hard as you peck on your keyboard - so to steal a line from Kevin Trudeau - your opinion doesn't matter.

I don't think anybody in the WPA can work as hard as me pecking on a keyboard, Blackjack.

And my opinion, FWIW, is just as important as yours is, Blackjack. That and a nickle won't even buy you a cup of coffee.

JAM
 
Blackjack said:
lol @ both of you. There are people that work very hard to try and make the sport better than what it is, while some seem to thrive in the complacency of where it it seems to stay. Figure out where you are in that scenario.






Its attitudes like yours that think the pro players should just be grateful for the 1 event a year with $15,000 first place and thats if you win thats big support do you think?I call that a big fat nothing and that they should feel ashamed.Lets see you have one event first place is $15,000 do you think we can handle that its the industries event and its:rolleyes: one event ok is it just me or the industry cannot afford it or what?
 
Yu guys are both correct. Its all my fault. Its my fault that things are the way they are. It was my one man crusade to bring down the IPT that sealed its fate - lol. You guys are right - its all my fault and I am giant black eye to the sport of pool. Good for you for realizing this and pointing it out to everybody. lol
 
sniper said:
I'm afraid your post is badly uninformed and extremely shortsighted. The WPA is a big reason for the world eight and nine ball championships, the world nine ball championship (WPC) has grown into the biggest pool tournament in the world, both in prize money and in terms of international participation, this was made possible with the help of matchroom sport.

The WPA World Eight ball championship is a $120,000 event, considerable prize money by pool's standards. So to say " The WPA is a joke and never have they helped put money in the players pockets" is about as far from the truth as you can get:o

Perhaps in the future you can put a little more thought into your posts and don't post lies about something you obviously know nothing about?
Oh no lies here.I never said that they didnt have a World Championship I said they are not involved with the US male players and the UPA does not count as far as the World Championship that they put on is it them or Matchroom.Please I have been around this all the politics Too long and ok the World Championship i will give you but are you sure it provides this big pay out that you think it does?Does the WPA take out its fees from the players winnings and Matchroom then takes out taxes?
 
Blackjack said:
Yu guys are both correct. Its all my fault. Its my fault that things are the way they are. It was my one man crusade to bring down the IPT that sealed its fate - lol. You guys are right - its all my fault and I am giant black eye to the sport of pool. Good for you for realizing this and pointing it out to everybody. lol
No your way of thinking is on the same road as many that have done this to this sport.
 
elizabeth said:
Oh no lies here.I never said that they didnt have a World Championship I said they are not involved with the US male players and the UPA does not count as far as the World Championship that they put on is it them or Matchroom.Please I have been around this all the politics Too long and ok the World Championship i will give you but are you sure it provides this big pay out that you think it does?Does the WPA take out its fees from the players winnings and Matchroom then takes out taxes?

Elizabeth, I think I know who you are! :D

JAM
 
elizabeth said:
Oh no lies here.I never said that they didnt have a World Championship I said they are not involved with the US male players and the UPA does not count as far as the World Championship that they put on is it them or Matchroom.Please I have been around this all the politics Too long and ok the World Championship i will give you but are you sure it provides this big pay out that you think it does?Does the WPA take out its fees from the players winnings and Matchroom then takes out taxes?
Can you please tell me how they put money in players pockets with one event.Not everyone can win that one tournament.
 
elizabeth said:
Can you please tell me how they put money in players pockets with one event.Not everyone can win that one tournament.

I will send you a PM! :)

It is one thing to be a tournament soldier in the year 2007, but when I think about how much expenditures are incurred for players to travel around the world, sometimes two and three times a month to overseas destinations, I would like to see their P&L statements at the end of the year. There are not very many American professional players that I know of who can boast of earning a DECENT living. The expenses are just too high when compared with the pool payouts.

JAM
 
sniper said:
I'm afraid your post is badly uninformed and extremely shortsighted. The WPA is a big reason for the world eight and nine ball championships, the world nine ball championship (WPC) has grown into the biggest pool tournament in the world, both in prize money and in terms of international participation, this was made possible with the help of matchroom sport.

The WPA World Eight ball championship is a $120,000 event, considerable prize money by pool's standards. So to say " The WPA is a joke and never have they helped put money in the players pockets" is about as far from the truth as you can get:o

Perhaps in the future you can put a little more thought into your posts and don't post lies about something you obviously know nothing about?
I know the truth hurts but I know what I am talking about and its about time the US players had people standing up for them.The truth is pure and simple and heck its right in front of your face.
 
elizabeth said:
I know the truth hurts but I know what I am talking about and its about time the US players had people standing up for them.The truth is pure and simple and heck its right in front of your face.

Nobody owes them anything. If they want a tour that works, they have to work together - and it takes more than just showing up to play. What are the players willing to do to make sure that a tour is successful? Are they willing to do the work and support the people that are currently in a position to make a viable tour a reality, or are they just going to continue seing what they can get out of it? That's a question that needs to be answered BEFORE success is achieved in North America. Gambling in bars and pool halls isn't getting the job done.
 
Elizabeth:

I have asked you earlier, please tell me what is your ideas? How to improve? You say you know so much, so guess you then have plenty of ideas and information about how to improve the world for the pros? Don't just complain, do something!!!

Another question: Do you think WPA is responsible for organizing events in USA? They don't do it for other continents or countries... I think you have misunderstood what WPA's job is...

Regarding IPT, you says KT and IPT will be succesfull without the WPA... Ok...
 
Blackjack said:
to answer your questions - I have consistently made a living playing, teaching, and coaching players for the past 25 years. I have actively been through many of the situations you referred to. As far as your other comments as well as JAM's - think what you'd like. There are people working hard as you peck on your keyboard - so to steal a line from Kevin Trudeau - your opinion doesn't matter.
Who have you coached and what events have you played in?
 
Roy Steffensen said:
Elizabeth:

I have asked you earlier, please tell me what is your ideas? How to improve? You say you know so much, so guess you then have plenty of ideas and information about how to improve the world for the pros? Don't just complain, do something!!!

Another question: Do you think WPA is responsible for organizing events in USA? They don't do it for other continents or countries... I think you have misunderstood what WPA's job is...

Regarding IPT, you says KT and IPT will be succesfull without the WPA... Ok...
Thats it right there. SUGGESTIONS to make it all work. There is no reason it has to be one way or the other. Most of what I read seemed like nonsense, no ideas or suggestions.
 
Roy Steffensen said:
Elizabeth:

I have asked you earlier, please tell me what is your ideas? How to improve? You say you know so much, so guess you then have plenty of ideas and information about how to improve the world for the pros? Don't just complain, do something!!!

Another question: Do you think WPA is responsible for organizing events in USA? They don't do it for other continents or countries... I think you have misunderstood what WPA's job is...

Regarding IPT, you says KT and IPT will be succesfull without the WPA... Ok...
I dont believe the WPA should organize events in the USA all I am saying is dont ask to reep rewards of what the players have as Ian was basically asking of the IPT.The players and the IPT should not have to give up anything to organizations that do not lend a helping hand.And you know what I have been around many players,promoters and governing bodies and maybe I will work with the players and even perhaps the IPT as I feel that we all want the same thing the players to finally be rewarded for their talent and struggles.
 
Roy Steffensen said:
Elizabeth:

I have asked you earlier, please tell me what is your ideas? How to improve? You say you know so much, so guess you then have plenty of ideas and information about how to improve the world for the pros? Don't just complain, do something!!!

Another question: Do you think WPA is responsible for organizing events in USA? They don't do it for other continents or countries... I think you have misunderstood what WPA's job is...

Regarding IPT, you says KT and IPT will be succesfull without the WPA... Ok...
OK what is the job of the WPA and where do they play a part in the mens professional tour or organizations?And where have they BEEN??????????????
 
Blackjack said:
Nobody owes them anything. If they want a tour that works, they have to work together - and it takes more than just showing up to play. What are the players willing to do to make sure that a tour is successful? Are they willing to do the work and support the people that are currently in a position to make a viable tour a reality, or are they just going to continue seeing what they can get out of it?

Maybe it's just me, but that approach has been tried via the UPA. There were MANY players who supported the UPA. What is going on with the UPA tour in 2007?

Blackjack said:
That's a question that needs to be answered BEFORE success is achieved in North America. Gambling in bars and pool halls isn't getting the job done.

I'd venture to guess that the MAJORITY of American pool players who compete professionally do not spend the majority of their time "gambling in bars and pool halls." Nice intentional stereotype, Blackjack.

JAM
 
Bishop said:
Thats it right there. SUGGESTIONS to make it all work. There is no reason it has to be one way or the other. Most of what I read seemed like nonsense, no ideas or suggestions.
These post are not about ideas or suggestions a mere reply in regards to the WPA letter regarding the IPT Tour and the nonsense that the players in the US need to pay them for the big stamp of approval that the WPA seems to think everyone needs.
 
elizabeth said:
These post are not about ideas or suggestions a mere reply in regards to the WPA letter regarding the IPT Tour and the nonsense that the players in the US need to pay them for the big stamp of approval that the WPA seems to think everyone needs.

Well, it begs the question. What are the benefits of sanctioning with the WPA? What have they done for American players lately?

JAM
 
elizabeth said:
Who have you coached and what events have you played in?

Either provide suggestions - or stop trolling the board. I don't need to provide names of players or events I have played in to qualify myself to speak on this topic or to provide validity to my opinions. Ask around. People know who I have coached, people know that I have ben involved at every level of the sport for quite some time. Nice diversion from the topic - obviously you're running out of ammunition.

As I said earlier, your lack of knowledge about the inside issues makes your point of view both sad and humorous at the same time. Who cares who is at fault? Learn from mistakes and move forward. Pool's future is not wrapped up in blaming certain people for getting us into our current situation - its about developing ideas to change this current situation - long term. Saying that the players shouldn't work towards that is the attitude that has gotten us where we are today. Why is that such a horrrible idea? You haven't answered any of the other questions - you have just blamed me for the sad state of pool. lol. Answer that question - its on topic.
 
Back
Top