Johnnyt RIP

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
First of all I'm glad to see such an outpouring of condolences from so many members on hearing this bad news. This only tells me how highly regarded Johnny was. For a guy I never met I really felt a rapport with him and we often communicated privately. He was kind of an East Coast version of me, a life long dedicated shortstop who found a way to grind out a buck or two playing this game. A couple of Old School guys who fondly remember and celebrate the past. I could easily relate to his many stories about "hustling" pool in bars and other out of the way joints. Been there, done that!

This one kind of came as shock to me because I thought he and I would be on here forever. I really liked him and I know he liked me as well. We could really talk to each other and understand what the other one had to say. I know we would have been fast friends if we ever met in person. Johnny, I'm gonna break the balls (Eight Ball of course) in your honor today and have a little toke afterwards to a long lost friend. Gonna miss you buddy! :sad:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
John Terrel....1963

FBC7B16D-34AC-437F-B820-559014021824.jpeg

He had a good life...and lived it bravely

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there a pic of JohnnyT that someone could share, maybe his Obit too.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Johnny also dabbled in writing short stories, I purchased and downloaded one of his stories from Amazon years ago. I have it on one of my computers and will try to find it later.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Johnny also dabbled in writing short stories, I purchased and downloaded one of his stories from Amazon years ago. I have it on one of my computers and will try to find it later.

That would be a cool read

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Gat-dammit! Hes a grown man. Doesn't need to be reminded every 30d that he forgot something!

Hahahahah.

OMG I need all the help I can get! I checked for the story on Amazon but I cannot remember the title. I checked my shop PC and could not find it and I will now go grub around on my main unit. :eek:

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
I received the following email today...

Good Morning,
My husband, Johnny T , aka John Terrell has been a member for many years and although he could be feisty and argumentative, he loved and supported your group for over 10 years, He made many friends over the years and many of your members he held in high esteem. I just wanted to reach out and let you know he passed away August 29 after a prolonged illness. If you could please let the members know, I would appreciate it.

He will be missed.

Mike

I'm sure you have already thought of this and may have already done it but if not you might want to consider sending his wife a link to this thread. I'm guessing she would appreciate being able to read some of the community's remembrances and respects.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Johnny was a great member here. He will be missed. Condolences to his friends and family...

RIP Johnny

billiards102

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Many of us have spent hours over the years reading John's thoughts on the sport and how to help it along. I appreciated his passion for the game.

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss and I express my sincere sympathy to you and your family.