mosconi cup voting!

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
are you kidding me...the favorite? We ain't in Malta this time. Home turf means a lot IMO. how can you look at a list of these caliber players and say one team is a favorite? Every single player is a world beater, including Hatch. It's going to come down to hunger and execution and maybe a few key rolls. I have NO DOUBT our guys are hungry for the win, so if they can execute, and can get at least a fair amount of rolls, I think the Europeeeeans are in for a whoopin. and yes I will put my money where my mouth is....

I'll bet atleast $ 500 on Team Europe. Let me know what you think.

pocketspeed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
how many tournaments a year can they play in? Dennis probably plays in 20 or more tourneys a year, isn't that enough?
Does a player have to travel on his own dime to try to win 3K when he can play in his own backyard to win 1.5K?

Players are traveling 3 to 4 hours in the NY area to get to the Joss Tour, that is a toll in itself. Competition is pretty equal across the US. So , if they win consistently locally, they will have a good chance to win if they played across the country.

You cannot blame them for not travelling unless you are paying their expenses. IMHO

the problem is that he is clearly at the top of the joss tour which accounts for most of his success. composed of top regional players, but not the elite. there is a difference playing against top regional players and then being thrown in with world champions. thats the issue

brian

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
"put your money where your mouth is." how freaking original. maybe we duke it out on the playground at recess for lunch money?

brian

Seriously if you are willing to beak off on a forum about how Hatch does not deserve to be the guy off the list that makes the team and then backpeddles once someone tells you to pick a player off the list to play Hatch and see how they fair you are just being an ignorant mouthpiece with zero balls to back up your gibberish.

ugotactionTX

I'm in dead rack!
Silver Member
well let's see by all accounts, Appleton would be considered a "world beater" right? seems like I remember a certain match not to long ago where that no playing hack Dennis Hatch smoked his ass like a cheap cigar. so.... if you beat a known "world beater" in a loooooooooooong race(for the $$$ no less), wouldn't that literally make you a "world beater". BTW I REALLY like Appleton. I like his demeanor and his game so this is not a knock on him, just using that match to illustrate a point.

And Roy I will bet something on the US (with you) we'll chat... :D

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
well let's see by all accounts, Appleton would be considered a "world beater" right? seems like I remember a certain match not to long ago where that no playing hack Dennis Hatch smoked his ass like a cheap cigar. so.... if you beat a known "world beater" in a loooooooooooong race(for the $$$ no less), wouldn't that literally make you a "world beater". BTW I REALLY like Appleton. I like his demeanor and his game so this is not a knock on him, just using that match to illustrate a point.

Ok. PM me what you want to do.

Btw, I am willing to bet when Hatch will play Appleton again. Rumor has it that Appleton wants to double the bet and play again sometime next year :)

pocketspeed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seriously if you are willing to beak off on a forum about how Hatch does not deserve to be the guy off the list that makes the team and then backpeddles once someone tells you to pick a player off the list to play Hatch and see how they fair you are just being an ignorant mouthpiece with zero balls to back up your gibberish.

ouch i have been PUT in my place by your scathing logic. should i plan on meeting you in the playground after school? my god what does betting have to do with. all those players are good and any one could defeat another on a given day. so betting on the outcome of one match is completely so meaningless that even you should be able to see that. look at the body of their work and even you should be able to understand that there are other players on that list who would be a better choice.

brian

abbassi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the problem is that he is clearly at the top of the joss tour which accounts for most of his success. composed of top regional players, but not the elite. there is a difference playing against top regional players and then being thrown in with world champions. thats the issue

brian

I would say Turning Stone is a pretty good collection of players. Dennis does pretty well in T. Stone. But you are right, in that a top player has to compete with the best. Unfortunetly for fans and Pros it is difficult to assemble tourneys that are close to home all year long.

buffalofloyd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, looks like the children can't play nice. This topic is taking a turn for the worst it seems. Anyway, I wish you luck Dennis.

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member

Btw, I am willing to bet when Hatch will play Appleton again. Rumor has it that Appleton wants to double the bet and play again sometime next year :)

PM received, and Ugotaction is putting his money where the mouth is.

The Mosconi Cup will be fun this year. Would be cool to see Hatch make the team, I like his game + I've bought him in the Mosconi-Calcutta over in the Action Room :D

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am probably qualified to have an opinion on this subject living in Europe but with my family firmly rooted in the US.
I do support Europe but I just have a hunch that this one could go the way of the home team. All they need to do is for five very capable players to fire on all cylinders then the visitors have a sleeping giant about to wake up.

Archer has always performed well and is overdue a big performance and if Corey Deuel takes his head out of his a*** then he is a magnificent player. Shane is always a contender and I think their Ace could be young Dominguez. His pedigree is impeccable and I think that he will hold himself together for an Oscar winning performance.

If Dennis Hatch gets the vote then his fighting qualities are there to recognised. I watched him score his first pro tournament title at a PBTA event in New Jersey some 14 years ago and he has always impressed me. His victory over Darren Appleton was a major achievement against a player of Darren's tenacity. He would start as favourite in many a money match but if he does play then maybe the European team should stick a picture of Fabio Petroni on the wall outside the USA players room. A while back the mercurial Italian took a lot of heavy woofing from the Hatchetman before 'taking Dennis's trousers down' for a large wedge of banknotes.

But may the best team win.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member

This is more like it....and DH should up his roadwork in preparation.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
....but if he does play then maybe the European team should stick a picture of Fabio Petroni on the wall outside the USA players room. A while back the mercurial Italian took a lot of heavy woofing from the Hatchetman before 'taking Dennis's trousers down' for a large wedge of banknotes....

I was there. It was pretty funny. Dennis was woofing pretty good, just hoping to get some action. His nostrils were wide open, and he came to Toledo to play some.

Meanwhile, Fabio sat quiet as a church mouse listening to Dennis bark, playing it just like the Cheshire Cat. :wink:

In fairness to Dennis, though, he was, shall I say, feeling no pain during the barkfest, which may have contributed to the loss to the Italian Stallion. :grin-square:

I love this picture of Fabio, on the right. :smile:

Attachments

• player%20and%20fabio2[1].JPG
    player%20and%20fabio2[1].JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:

ugotactionTX

I'm in dead rack!
Silver Member
looks like the head wound healed nicely... :D (unless less this picture was taken pre-freakout)

I was there. It was pretty funny. Dennis was woofing pretty good, just hoping to get some action. His nostrils were wide open, and he came to Toledo to play some.

Meanwhile, Fabio sat quiet as a church mouse listening to Dennis bark, playing it just like the Cheshire Cat. :wink:

In fairness to Dennis, though, he was, shall I say, feeling no pain during the barkfest, which may have contributed to the loss to the Italian Stallion. :grin-square:

I love this picture of Fabio, on the right. :smile: